American Cruise Lines Employee Reviews for Server

Great company offering a unique and rewarding employment experience!
Server (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 4, 2018
This is a very exciting opportunity to work for an organized and successful company! Training is very thorough and informative, and the trainers are very helpful and intent on ensuring you are prepared for your job on the ship. You are paid for your time in training, and the company provides your airfare, hotel accommodations and food free of charge! It has been a great experience!
Pros
Very informative training, free travel and food
October 8, 2018

Thank you for leaving us such a great review. We are glad to hear that while at training you are gaining skills that will help you to be successful while on our ships.

Be prepared and willing to work all the time
Server (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTOctober 4, 2018
Training was long but it prepares you for what to expect. Managers are very kind and try to make it as fun as possible. Food is provided, 3 meals a day. Hotel and flight are also provided. You need to be willing to sacrifice 16 weeks of the year to work 7days a week with no days off. It’s long work but they prepare you and make sure you’re fully aware of what to expect
Pros
Food included, transportation included, stay included
Cons
Long days, really early mornings
October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our on-shore training program. As our company continues to grow, we are glad to hear that you are as well!

If you’re chosen, it’s a privilege!
Server (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTSeptember 27, 2018
From start of application, through the interview, and on to training this experience has been amazing! The company provides transportation to training. Once you arrive, the training is given in thorough detail. I would recommend this company to my friends, and family.
Pros
Free: travel, meals, and you’re GETTING PAID to learn amazing things the culture has to offer.
Cons
Remain driven, determined, and keep that positive attitude you had during the interview process.
October 8, 2018

On behalf of American Cruise Lines we thank you for taking the time to provide us with positive feedback about your time training with us in Guilford, CT. We appreciate it and can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!

Once in a lifetime experience. Challenging, but very rewarding at the end.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Connecticut Park, SCAugust 11, 2018
I just came back from a week of training at ACL and I can honestly say it was a fun and challenging experience. Right now I'm waiting on to be called for the next available ship. Details about this job is that its completely legit. I know when I told my family about this, they were super skeptical. But the company was very professional and flown me out twice to their office in Connecticut safely. Once I got there I met the other trainees. The trainers informed us on what to expect as a server on their cruise ship and from what I gathered it's not a easy job. The training was very eye opening and taught us what a normal day on the ship working would be like. We trained hands on and practiced for long hours everyday, it helped get me use to their system so I can be prepared for when I do go onboard. You'll learn what all you need too to succeed and grow with their company. Just make sure if you interested in applying to give your all and adapt quickly because if you don't past training, you will not get a call back for a position. We also learn how to properly make the beds and write chef tickets and practice until we were pros at it. Remember your not on vacation at training, it's to see if you can handle the work and be a great addition to the company. I say if your interested in travelling and making good money, but only if your into hotel service and serving guest, then you should give ACL a try.
Pros
Professional hands-on training, paid flights to and from training. Good pay
Cons
Don't have any yet
August 16, 2018

On behalf of American Cruise Lines we thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your time spent with us. We are glad to hear that you are gaining skills and experience with us that will help you in your future!

Overall this an amazing company
Server (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 26, 2018
I am currently a part time employee and my experience so far has been amazing. My managers have provided me with the resources that I need to be successful within this company and I feel confident that I will execute every task they assign me during these four months with American Cruise Lines. I would recommend this job to anyone. .
Pros
Travel Pay Hours
Cons
Temporary Parttine
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share such a valuable review. As our company grows, we are excited to hear our employees are as well!

Good job if you are willing to make sacrifices
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississippi riverJune 14, 2018
I took this job because I wanted to explore the country. And, I did kind of get that. You do get to see some cool sites and meet people from all around the country. Just don't make the mistake I did and think you're going on adventures often. In training they tell you you will be working 12 hour days everyday. Well its more like 14 or 15 even some days. I was extremely discouraged at first because I was barely getting breaks. Servers don't get scheduled breaks except for meals. Which meals along with housing are free so its great for paying off debt. We get breaks when we finish all our side work. Don't worry though, it does get better as everyone learns the job. Work gets finished faster, and by the end I was getting 30 minute to 2 hour breaks. This was especially great when we were in New Orleans. You will get a chance to see some pretty cool places while you are here. So don't give up in your first week! But keep in mind I worked on both of the lower Mississippi boats. They are big boats. If you work on a smaller boat you'll probably get more free time. The work isn't hard but there's a lot of it. The best part of this job is the customers and the sights. The worst part is the coworkers because its a high stress place and some of these people have been here for almost the full 16 weeks. They will be impatient. If you make it that far, please be nice to the new people! I wouldn't go back (I'm using this experience to get to a better cruise line) but I'm glad I went because it is a unique experience most people will not know.
Pros
Free meals and housing, meet new people, see different parts of the US, easy work
Cons
Long hours, no scheduled breaks except for meals, stressful, coworkers can be rude
June 19, 2018

On behalf of American Cruise Lines we thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your time working for us. We do take pride in catering toward each of our employees’ needs the best way we can. We will share your feedback with our team. Best of luck to you in the future!

Don’t work for this company, unless you really need the money or desperate!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
The worst cruise line I have ever worked for !! Long hours, you barely can get a break, if you do it’s because everybody wants to finally get off at a decent port. You can’t leave when you’re done with your particular job, you have to wait for everyone else.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, nasty food, embarkation is stupid af
June 11, 2018

We understand the hours can be demanding and we appreciate how hard our entire team works. We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, so we will take your feedback into consideration.

Productive, stressful, fun
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2018
So whats a day on american cruise ship?? A day on the boat is like a day of working hard then getting to go out and explore wherever you ported... The day was always busy and you were always around the guest and talking and being really active... I would highly recommend this job to a lot of people and I would work this job my life.
Pros
free breakfast/lunch/dinner, stayed on the boat, tips, lifetime friends
Cons
short breaks
Great Job
Server (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTJanuary 14, 2018
I worked here for only 2 weeks. I learned everything about the position I held. You would be set in a cruise ship for 4 months and you would do the same thing every day. Sever food and clean dining areas.
Pros
Free food and room
Cons
It takes 4 months of your life away
Unique and Fun Summer Job
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2017
I spent ten weeks on the Queen of the Mississippi this past summer. After checking in with my recruiter I was placed on a boat a week after training. The experience was a roller coaster, and I feel that I really lucked out with the people I worked with. The first few weeks on the boat were frustrating because I was slow. Eventually I had a lot of fun, and the crew became like family to me. I would not take back a second of this experience. I strongly recommend this job to someone who is open minded, eager and patient.
Pros
exploring new places with friends, free room and board, earn and save a good amount of money
Cons
long hours, curfew