American Customer Care

American Customer Care Employee Reviews

United States331 reviews

americanmagazinephonecustomincentivecareunprofessionalcalling

It was okay.

My time there wasn’t long because management is not the best (at all), but the work is not bad. The money could be a lot better for the stress though.

Nice

The job is okay but the customers are very rude. Pay is good butt the stress is not worth it. Management is very respectful and easy to contact and very understandable

American Customer Care insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Place to Work

Supportive and caring upper management, flexibility to run your program to fit the needs of your client and employees. The management team is one of a kind, my peers are always open to discussing common practices and working together to constantly grow and learn for the benefit of our individual programs and company as a whole.

decent workspace

this place was a real headache to work for. Very disappointed in the way the management handled employees of different ethnic backgrounds. Managers also talked behind the backs of those who just want to do their jobs.

Pros

remote work

Cons

low pay, over worked, rude staff, no sense of purpose, no room for advancement, staff plays favorites

Don't bother

This is not a good place to work. Management seems to be very sarcastic. They only pay $ 10 per hour. The manager and the company's owner will not take the time to respond to answer your questions.

Pros

Cons

They don't care if you are sick

Horrible place to work!

If you have chronic illness do not work here. They treat you like a child and want Dr's notes. Don't take time off if your a parent either they will come up with every excuse to fire you.

Cons

Short breaks, management is horrible, no balance between work and life

There are no benefits offered for the first year of employment, which makes it hard since you can never get time off

It’s a job to have while you look for better employment. They don’t care about work/life balance. The only focus is having people available to take calls. They allow the callers to speak to you with vulgar language and cursing. There’s no resolution for many of the issues callers deal with, therefore, leaving the rep to be screamed and yelled at by the caller.

Pros

Work from home is the ONLY pro

Cons

Bad pay, no time off, no benefits for a year, pay depends on attendance.

Causes a lot of stress emotional and personal stress

This job has all your time, but can barely keep up with the bills the pay isn’t work the amount of work and emotional stress you go threw working here. The leadership helps you but after training your on your own they never like helping or doing there part and they are very sticky and naggy never care about people personal or health issues

Pros

No pros no PTO, no maternity leave

Cons

Bad pay, long hours, emotionally stressful

Would like to gather more info. Seems like a really great place but overall I’m just not sure. I’m waiting really to hear from the admins and also the other peoples who have been working there and know a lot about it. I’m kind of on the fence because it would require a move for me and I of course don’t want to do that if the culture isn’t ok at the least.

Good at first, but bad management.

The job was good at first, but quickly realized management did not communicate with each other (from shift to shift/department to department) which would result in conflicting information. No matter your title or workload, you WILL be asked to drop everything if there are calls in queue. (Even if that technically isn't your function)

decent workspace

It's a job. You get plenty of calls some days, while other days you can expect a call every 15 min. The job is not bad, but due to this current economy, 11 dollars an hour is hard to live on. The job is great for those who want a job that can potentially open doors to better opportunities in sales.

Pros

30 min lunch

Cons

low pay

Very satisfied with overall experience.

Very upfront company with a very nice management team! Very pleasant experience for an entry level position job. No profanity, be mature and you will do fine. Job requires basic computer knowledge and the ability to always try to keep the upper hand in a conversation.

Pros

Sign on bonus, flexible schedules, amazing management

Cons

It’s a call center where people call in with an issue, not to just “talk on the phone”, you need to do well with dealing with disgruntled members occasionally.

People are great. Work isn't over powering.

Over all one of the better places i have worked. Enjoyed my coworkers alot. Job isnt all to hard to learn. The only taxing part is the calls you get sometimes. Other than that a very good starting job in my opinion.

Horrible

Do not work here no pto or sick day until 1 year no accumulation of them until 1 year. Holiday fall on the day you work well you are sol office is closed and you will not be paid for that day. Unless you give up a day off switch for the holiday to not miss out on pay. Not worth it they do not care about anything but their numbers. Run dont walk away from this place!

Fun place to work

Having a customer service background made my position much easier as I was able to advance within the company. Office setting and work from home is an option. Fun, fair and great people. Management provides lunches, sample products and customer service week. Holiday & Earned paid time off. Benefits are available but a bit costly.

Great company

I love my job and also the company I work for. It is not easy to do what we do all day yes that is true and yes it can be stressful but what pay check is not. We strive to accomplish our goals and we always try to make it as pleasant and as easy as we can make it. You have sweet customers and terrible ones but what job does not have those ups and downs.

Most Unprofessional

If you have disabilities, I strongly advise not working for this company. If you inquire to agencies this company will find a reason to fire you. There is seniority but they will tell you otherwise. Do not express how you are treated, they don't care. They will reprimand you in front of all the employees instead of taking you aside for a discussion. The Quality assurance department thinks they supervise you and will single you out. This company has a bad reputation in my area. They have a high rate of turnover. No holidays off, no PTO time. They don't pay enough for the emotional abuse caused by them or consumers. It will emotionally wear you down. No matter how well you do with consumers, its never good enough. Very toxic environment. Management treats you as if you are ignorant.

Horrible company

Please do not waste your time. This company is so unprofessional, inconsiderate, and full of lies. They will tell you anything you want to hear just so you take the job offer. Everything changes soon as you start. The pay sucks for the huge stressful work load. They micro manage and the turn over rate is so high the group of people you train with (15-20) will drop to 4 in less than a month

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Everything that comes to mind

American customers care is professional and deal with employees as a family and very supportive of its staff. They also offer growth potential for employment and promotions and wonderful training. Supervision is great as well

Pros

Lunch perks

Cons

Great flexibility

Not a great place to work

The company does provide the equipment needed to work from home however that equipment is old and does not work properly most of the time I have lost more time at work due to equipment issues than I ever have at any job for personal reasons and they do not try to off set that lost time with any kind of pay or flexibility to make up the lost time. Management does not try to assist when there is a problem the buck always gets passed to someone else, when you have a question you may or may not get an answer or response at all even when you have asked several times. There is no support or room for growth. If you happen to be one of the "favorite" you can come and go as you please or do whatever you want throughout the day while all your coworkers are doing their best to keep up. There is no accountability for poor work behavior and they only praise you for a job well done when you have been pushed to your breaking point and are ready to leave the job. They only do this to keep you invested in continuing to do a great job for them while you're coworkers continue to do as they please and you are left with the entire work load on your own.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything except being able to work from home

It’s a job

There’s nothing to say good about the company ,if you have mental health issues do not work for this company they don’t care. There are no pay raises, no advancements.

Pros

Decent pay

Common questions about American Customer Care

Answered by current and former employees at American Customer Care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Customer Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight