American Dental Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

This company is a joke
should've never accpeted (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 10, 2018
They do not have their priorities in order. Management doesn't have a clue on what needs to be done to have a sucessful business. Next to zero growth advancement.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
you will be working with people who do not want to do their job
Work hard with little reward
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 23, 2018
There is always plenty of work but oftentimes not enough people to complete the work without undue stress. The company encourages the employees to give back to the community which is great. Unfortunately they don't give back to their employees. Raises are few and far between unless you are upper management. Although the company continues to grow, very little acknowledgement is given to the employees that are not upper management.
Pros
Health and dental benefits, 401K
Cons
Inconsistent company policies from department to department
Growing Company
NA (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 21, 2018
American Dental Partners is a great place to work! It has a great business model, collaborative work environment and great people. You are given the tools and have the autonomy to help contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Pros
leadership, business model, people, autonomy
Cons
growing pains, technology, space issues
Company in transition, a lot of opportunities for growth
n/a (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 4, 2018
This company is truly people-centric. It's fast paced while also offering support to have a work-life balance. I feel challenged and appreciated and see the upside in all of the exciting growth and transition that we are experiencing.
Great Job
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 25, 2018
American Dental Partners was a great place to work, I decided I wanted to transition into Medical was the only reason I left. I felt I had more room for growth.
Job Security
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 27, 2018
Company does not value their employees. Practice hours are odd and tiring to work for both managers, doctors and staff. High turn over and bad business practices. Expected to work sick or not. Management does not support having a flexible schedule.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Bad work environment and benefits.
Workplace Culture
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2018
Company who believes in building teams and fostering growth internally. Great Leadership Institute training. Empowers leaders and challenges each individual to be the very best that they can be.
Fun company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2018
The CEO of this company really tries hard to create a positive culture. Had a great time learning new skills. Wish there had been the opportunity for more job advancement.
Official response from American Dental Partners, Inc.
April 17, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We strive to promote a culture that embracing learning and professional development as well as positive working relationships and teamwork. I'm sorry we were unable to find even more opportunities for you to advance - we wish you the best of luck!

Happy wonderful
Payroll Manager/HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 2, 2018
American dental partners was a wonderful place to work they relocated there payroll process to Boston so I had to find a new job. They are happy wonderful company
Not a great place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 27, 2018
Lack of organization, each office differs from one to the next with no follow through from management. Very low morale. Not likely to receive a raise.
Ok place to work
Division Controller (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 22, 2018
A typical day at AMDP is from 830 to 5pm. Work is very different as far as the stress level depending on department. In 2/3 of the departments the morale is very low.
Great Experience
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 14, 2018
I have been working at American Dental Partners for almost three months now and I can say that I have had a great overall experience so far. Everyone is very friendly and it is a positive atmosphere. People actually show up to work with a smile and a great attitude, which makes it an overall great experience day in and day out. I have found that the work/life balance is very accommodating and as long as you show up and do what you are expected to do, management is very flexible. I look forward to my future career development with American Dental Partners and foresee a long career with them.
Was a fun office to work in
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
I loved working in this office with the team I had there, but unfortunately the office was closed down by the corporate office due to lack of production.
Pros
Strong Team work
Cons
Doctor favoritism
ADPI is a Great Organization
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 7, 2018
ADPI is an organization that prides itself in providing a healthy work environment for its employees and affiliated dental groups. Success in this organization depends on your commitment to excellence and open healthy communication. ADPI is a dynamic organization that requires team members to be flexible to change and shifting priorities.
This deeply committed to developing it's team members and providing many opportunities for support and growth.
I found the organization to be a family- first organization that was generous in employee benefits.
Too much drama
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2018
It is drama-central, very short-staffed, no leadership( management is not trained, they have their favorites. Outlook does not look good there. The main doctor intimidates you and yells. He is very critical of everything you do.
Cons
No breaks, if the head dr does not like you, it is very stressful and unhealthy. The head doctor intimidates and yells.
Great office people
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJanuary 26, 2018
I worked here for 5 yrs. I loved my patients and the people I worked with. The doctors were friendly and down to earth. My manager was awesome and always available to talk. If you needed time off or were dealing with sick family members, it was never a problem. Almost everyone was a team player and we all helped each other. I worked between 45-55 hours a week. It was a crazy busy office and I always stayed late or came in early to help out. The problem with this company is corporate does not value good employees. The other issue ( which seems to be a recurring theme ) is rasies are nonexistent. They pay incoming employees more than the current ones. I reciveved one raise and that was only because I threatened to quit which would have left my doctor without an assistant.
Pros
Doctors buy lunch, one hour lunch breaks, friendly office enviroment
Cons
Terrible health benefits, no rasies
American Dental Partners
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MDJanuary 26, 2018
American Dental Partners is a great place to work. Their focus is solely on making sure that all patients receive quality dental care in a very nice environment.
n/A
Dental Asst. (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Don't care about employees. Low wages never give raises to employees short breake
Management do not have concideration of employees regarding status of employee
lack of communication
Benefits (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 26, 2017
Management has no communication what so ever. Out of all of the mgmt. team only one manager is really caring and understanding and knows the business.
Pros
lack of communication
Cons
people
Just stay away
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2017
Do yourself a favor and do not work for any company owned by American Dental Partners. Chances of you liking it and being happy are slim to none. There is no room to grow.
Cons
Very poor benefits, bad management non collaborative environment terrible communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Dental Partners, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8