American Dental Partners, Inc. Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Job Security
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 27, 2018
Company does not value their employees. Practice hours are odd and tiring to work for both managers, doctors and staff. High turn over and bad business practices. Expected to work sick or not. Management does not support having a flexible schedule.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Bad work environment and benefits.
Workplace Culture
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2018
Company who believes in building teams and fostering growth internally. Great Leadership Institute training. Empowers leaders and challenges each individual to be the very best that they can be.
Fun company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2018
The CEO of this company really tries hard to create a positive culture. Had a great time learning new skills. Wish there had been the opportunity for more job advancement.
Official response from American Dental Partners, Inc.
April 17, 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We strive to promote a culture that embracing learning and professional development as well as positive working relationships and teamwork. I'm sorry we were unable to find even more opportunities for you to advance - we wish you the best of luck!

Happy wonderful
Payroll Manager/HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 2, 2018
American dental partners was a wonderful place to work they relocated there payroll process to Boston so I had to find a new job. They are happy wonderful company
Not a great place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 27, 2018
Lack of organization, each office differs from one to the next with no follow through from management. Very low morale. Not likely to receive a raise.
Great Experience
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAMarch 14, 2018
I have been working at American Dental Partners for almost three months now and I can say that I have had a great overall experience so far. Everyone is very friendly and it is a positive atmosphere. People actually show up to work with a smile and a great attitude, which makes it an overall great experience day in and day out. I have found that the work/life balance is very accommodating and as long as you show up and do what you are expected to do, management is very flexible. I look forward to my future career development with American Dental Partners and foresee a long career with them.
Was a fun office to work in
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
I loved working in this office with the team I had there, but unfortunately the office was closed down by the corporate office due to lack of production.
Pros
Strong Team work
Cons
Doctor favoritism
ADPI is a Great Organization
SENIOR TRAINING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 7, 2018
ADPI is an organization that prides itself in providing a healthy work environment for its employees and affiliated dental groups. Success in this organization depends on your commitment to excellence and open healthy communication. ADPI is a dynamic organization that requires team members to be flexible to change and shifting priorities.
This deeply committed to developing it's team members and providing many opportunities for support and growth.
I found the organization to be a family- first organization that was generous in employee benefits.
Too much drama
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2018
It is drama-central, very short-staffed, no leadership( management is not trained, they have their favorites. Outlook does not look good there. The main doctor intimidates you and yells. He is very critical of everything you do.
Cons
No breaks, if the head dr does not like you, it is very stressful and unhealthy. The head doctor intimidates and yells.
Great office people
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJanuary 26, 2018
I worked here for 5 yrs. I loved my patients and the people I worked with. The doctors were friendly and down to earth. My manager was awesome and always available to talk. If you needed time off or were dealing with sick family members, it was never a problem. Almost everyone was a team player and we all helped each other. I worked between 45-55 hours a week. It was a crazy busy office and I always stayed late or came in early to help out. The problem with this company is corporate does not value good employees. The other issue ( which seems to be a recurring theme ) is rasies are nonexistent. They pay incoming employees more than the current ones. I reciveved one raise and that was only because I threatened to quit which would have left my doctor without an assistant.
Pros
Doctors buy lunch, one hour lunch breaks, friendly office enviroment
Cons
Terrible health benefits, no rasies
American Dental Partners
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MDJanuary 26, 2018
American Dental Partners is a great place to work. Their focus is solely on making sure that all patients receive quality dental care in a very nice environment.
n/A
Dental Asst. (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Don't care about employees. Low wages never give raises to employees short breake
Management do not have concideration of employees regarding status of employee
lack of communication
Benefits (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MADecember 26, 2017
Management has no communication what so ever. Out of all of the mgmt. team only one manager is really caring and understanding and knows the business.
Pros
lack of communication
Cons
people
Just stay away
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 13, 2017
Do yourself a favor and do not work for any company owned by American Dental Partners. Chances of you liking it and being happy are slim to none. There is no room to grow.
Cons
Very poor benefits, bad management non collaborative environment terrible communication
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 12, 2017
Worked in multiple jobs throughout my career and I can proudly say I have one of best the managers out there. Finally someone who knew what they were doing and always there for you when you need help and if she doesn't know the answer well find an answer for you.
Insurance is unaffordable
Psr (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 1, 2017
Family medical would consume half of my monthly paycheck. The company doesn't care a out its employees. The dollar is the bottom line.
There is little motivation to do well
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No raises or compensation for a physical limitation
Poor
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 30, 2017
American Dental partners is all about profit. Poor management. Doesnt care about giving benefits or pay increase to those that have been there numerous years.
Not at all recommended
Clinician (Former Employee) –  TxNovember 25, 2017
Don’t keep promises, make u work from 7 to 7 with less pay , high turnover rate , If you work here you can learn how not to run a practice, the owner cares about hygeine and hygeine schedules , they don’t care about doctors ,
Pros
Cons
Long working hours with no pay
Enjoyable place to work
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 24, 2017
You are paid on production, sometimes it's great other months it's not. Pay is hard to understand. Manager and DDS are great. Enjoyable place to work.
Pros
DDS and Manager are great
Cons
Production pay is hard to understand
Depending on your location...
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 1, 2017
Some offices are busier than others. The office I was at was extremely busy and non stop phone calls. It was almost impossible to finish any task in a timely manner with all of the job descriptions that fell under my title. Management was poor, no office manager but a "practice manager" who lead multiple offices. This person had zero management skills when it came to putting themselves into each role and realizing that every thing they were asking was not always achievable. This type of management drove away a hard working individual. The company has high expectations for the decent salary they provide. I learned that the people at the front desk often made more money per hour than the RDA staff, be competitive when asking for salary- you'll have to jump through hoops of fire either way, the worst they can say is "no.".
Pros
dental treatment discount, free teeth cleaning, tooth whitening discount
Cons
little to no down time, unrealistic expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Dental Partners, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.