American Dream Home Improvement, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
American Dream Home Improvement, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Sales Position
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 25, 2018
Very fun and fast-paced work culture and environment. You get to make your own schedule and the managers are fun to work for. Kind of like a work hard play hard type of position with good opportunities from promotions and to make good money.
Pros
Schedule, opportunities
Cons
Self-motivating type of position
Great life to work balance. If you shoot for the moon the company would pay you the stars if earned.
Field Superviser (Current Employee) –  Greenwood INJuly 19, 2018
I started with ADHI 3 years ago, this is no job (just over broke) this is a career and a lifestyle. If you treat it like a career, you get career based results and pay. If you treat it like a (min wage) burger flipping job. Then you will get no more then burger flipper results. This company has not only changed my life, but I give them credit for also saving my life!!! I will and have recommended this job to my closest family and friends.
Pros
Work to life balance, full benefits, and decent pay.
Cons
Working in the elements.
Great group of sales people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 20, 2018
A wonderful group of motivated men and women who have the skills and courage to knock 200 doors a day. Definite care for employees and great employee retention.
Not a real contractor, SCAM!
"Project Manager" (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 19, 2018
This company is a scam to their customers. Their "construction crews" at American Dream are comically bad! Horrible! No departments work together and it pays extremely low. Do not advise entertaining employment from them at all.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Only review that matters
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 7, 2018
Great career right here ladies and gentlemen. Full benefits, company truck, freedom, and money. All
You have to do is go to work everyday and actually work. What a great concept!!
Pros
Freedom, money, benefits, people, something fun and different everyday
Cons
Farmers tan
Highly rewarding for highly motivated people. You get what you put in!!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 5, 2018
If you want to change your life and aren't opposed to working pretty hard, give this a shot. The training is there if you are willing to learn. Nothing is handed to you, and you are rewarded for your efforts with endless opportunities to grow. Sure, there can be some long hours, but who makes 6-figures without having to sacrifice some personal time. The camaraderie is second to none, and the growth potential is the highest I've ever seen and that comes after working for a FORTUNE 150 company. Anyone that knocks this company just didn't have the work ethic to cut it, thats it.
Didnt pay me what they owed me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 2, 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! They told me at the start that I would get paid whether I made sales or not. And that there was a weekly base pay and bonuses on top of my base pay if I made sales. I specifically asked if it was sales based pay and they told me NO.

I worked for them for 3 weeks and never got paid a cent. I had many leads and some sales and never got any money. Told them that it wasn't for me and went in to get my check and they said I needed to call some guy that took care of people that were quiting, and when I called him he told me that they owed me nothing.

They also did some work for my aunt and uncle and charged them an outrageous price for a roof job. They said they would initially pay a set price and then after they were finished they changed the price.

This company is a scam and a pyramid scheme and should be shut down!
Pros
Cons
Pyramid Scheme, Scam!
If you work hard and use their success system you'll do well. It's not easy, but if you're a history you'll do well.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INMay 25, 2018
Be ready to work hard but he rewarded for it. They'll do everything they can to help you succeed and provide you with the necessary tools, the rest is up to you. Be ready to work long hours and 6 days a week though. But like any sales job, the more you produce, the more freedom & flexibility you have.
Pros
Unlimited support, company truck, exotic trips and contests.
Cons
Long hours, lots of knocking, have to work on Saturdays, and If you don't produce it'll reflect on your pay.
Get out what you put in!
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 25, 2018
Greatest company to work for in the world! Bulletproof system in place if you just follow it. Place where hard work is rewarded big time! I was asked when i started if i had to work harder than i've ever worked before and i would make more money than i've ever made before would i do it? I said yes and have done so and the rewards are even greater than i thought they would be. People that leave here or complain about pay or hours or blah blah blah are just plain lazy, don't follow the system or can't look in the mirror and realize the problem is them not ADHI. #ADHI4LIFE!
Pros
Hard work is rewarded, Training and Support
Cons
way to many hours for the amout of pay recieved
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 15, 2018
Management was great and so were the people i worked with ,they pay was never right and on time. Commisions were cut in half and were told that they full amounts . Never had a set area of work each day , it was always different
Pros
Great Management and employees
Cons
Lied to about pay/ Lack of pay
May 25, 2018

Thank you for the review on your experiences. We take great pride in our teams and management and are proud to receive the feedback from our Davenport, IA office! Upon being hired with ADHI, all employees pay structure and compensation are outlined. ADHI can assure that all employees operating ethically and responsibly are compensated for the work they performed while employed.

ADHI has locally established offices in each of our locations. Employees are able to work within specific territories surrounding our office locations. Being that ADHI is a storm restoration contractor, we will work multiple local areas effected by severe weather.

They will fire you if you don't come an inch of their expectations
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 9, 2018
Don't do it. I worked there for two weeks, worked my butt off and got fired. Plus I was denied all wages after being fired. Any commission I made while working got put directly back into the company. They will steal from you.
Pros
Freedom to start knocking doors at 9 am till 8 pm every day
Cons
Everything else
May 25, 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback and it is unfortunate to hear that the position was not a fit for you and did not work out. As one of the largest residential roofing contractors in the country ADHI's success is built off our Teams and Employees. ADHI can assure that any past and future employees are all fairly compensated for the work that they perform. If you feel there are any issues, please reach out to our dedicated HR team for further assistance. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Just awful
Inspection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 1, 2018
The management was terrible. They *trained* you and then threw you out on your own and if you didn't succeed they cut your pay immediately. Not a good place to be.
May 25, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, and we regret to hear of your experiences. ADHI stresses the importance of training with our new employees. Through weekly meetings with local management, monthly check-in and reviews from our Recruiting Team, as well as flying newly hired employees to our Corporate Headquarters in Downers Grove, IL to learn from ADHIs department heads, we only want to build our teams up for success. Unfortunately, this position is not a fit for every individual as it appears to be in this situation. We greatly appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck in the future!

Amazing Teamwork and Management
Project Manager & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2018
I started out as a front office manager and moved into Production after a year. This is an amazing company to work for. They understand that family is important and work with you as much as they can when things happen. This company truly does on the "team" aspect of the job. I have grown so much from working here and if given the chance will always come back.

I would say the hardest part of my job is to keep the crews on task and manage other aspects of the job that need done. It is all about time management with this position.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we are helping so many homeowners and providing work for crews to take care of their families.
Pros
Work Truck provided, vacation time, and sick days
Cons
Always on call
Horrible
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILMarch 5, 2018
To be honest it’s very stressful job, very close knit no room for advancement even though they promise it but honestly their “system” is horrible at advancing people who diserve it very political and for all the work you do it’s not worth the commission should be a lot more in all honesty. Also you can’t even guarantee your own pay because it’s not even up to you if you do your job to a t. It’s up to your managers skill and the insurance company
Pros
W2 payed employee, occasionally they buy food/drink
Cons
They charge to drive their vehicle or buy your own, work to pay ratio isn’t realistic, super political, advancement at a turtle pace
cut throat job. you wont make any money if you dont try
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COMarch 1, 2018
they sold me on this job telling me that i could easily make 40,000 a year which is very unrealistic @ 400 dollars per roof sold you would have to sell alot of roofs. it is a door to door salesman type job and most are unsuccessful.
Pros
laid back work, company truck, good management
Cons
pay sucks, hours are insane, expectations are ridiculous.
May 25, 2018

ADHI has a team of amazing employees that all contribute to our success. Our team is built off of hard working, self motivated individuals who are eager to help homeowners in areas greatly effected by storm activity. Through our proven and successful system, employees can and will earn a great income and have the ability to advance in the company-the expectations you listed above are very realistic and are the low end expectations. In 2018 ADHI expanded to 7 new markets, creating several new positions in current and new markets. We understand that this position does not cater to everyone, as it seems to be in this case. Like many things in life, you get out of it, what you put into. We thank you for your time on our team and wish you the best of luck in the future!

Huge growth opportunities for hard working individuals!
Lead Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 27, 2018
This is a great company to work for with many areas of advancement. This is a full time position, however hard work pays off greatly! I have direct support from multiple individuals only a phone call away which helps in any situation where I have questions. I work mostly in the field, but that sure beats sitting in a cubicle all day! With 27 offices in 17 states the ability to learn and grow with a proven company with awesome employees is very much real. I have worked in a couple ADHI offices and the culture to succeed is great. There are some great benefits to the job...namely, benefits! 401k, health, dental, and vision. ADHI also puts you in a new, take home, company truck! Having the will to succeed is all you need, but if you are looking for an easy paycheck with little to no effort, this is not the place. However, those who strive for greatness and growth are rewarded greatly financially! Many more offices opening in the next year and we are the best in the business!
Pros
Benefits, set your own schedule, company vehicle!
Cons
physical job as we work outside, but no real cons!
All lies!!!! Bad business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2018
Everybody quits this job. The will sell you a Dream. You will never get paid what your supposed to. They do dishonest work. They will tell you to file claims on homes with no damage. They don’t train you on anything. They will hire anyone. They will make money from you and pay you $200 a week.if that.Do your research on Google and ripoff report and the BBB. They are being sued in multiple states. Hundreds of upset customers and employees.
Pros
Driving a new truck
Cons
Everything else
Unlimited opportunities.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 21, 2018
This job gives you a lot of freedom. For those that are disciplined and can handle that, it is awesome. If you need a boss over you to make sure you are working this is probably not the place for you. You write your own ticket, what more can you ask for.
Pros
Opportunity, Unlimited Compensation. 401K. Commaraderie. Year end trips.
Cons
Some times it can be a drag dealing with the general public.
Work hard and see results
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 19, 2018
Work to earn, no entitlement is given. In any sales position, if you’re good with people and can address their concerns and stand behind what you say you will succeed. There are horrible days but more good days outweigh the bad.
This job is not for someone making a quick buck. The ends justify the means. Work hard during peak season and relax during the cold months.
Pros
Company truck, reasonable management
Cons
Fast paced, very competitive, learn as u go
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2018
Very enjoyable fast paced work environment. There can be long work hours but if u use ur time wisely and work the system in place, u will have plenty of time for yourself. What u put in u WILL get out of it.
Pros
Work vehicle, hands on training
Hard work pays off!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2018
Lots of room for advancement, pay is great but you do have to work and put in some long hours. You can qualify for an end of year trip all expenses paid. I have had 4-5 commission % pay increases in less than a year. Have gone from sale representative to field supervisor and now sales manager in less than a year.
Pros
Company truck, insurance, 401k unlimited income
Cons
Long hours and work Saturdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Dream Home Improvement, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.