American Dream Home Improvement, Inc. Employee Reviews

Where do I begin
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2018
Managers smoke cigarettes every 5 minutes in Colorado Springs. My supervisor smokes weed bowls on the jobs and in his truck every day at lunch too. Shouldn’t get let off because numbers the managers don’t care to help you improve and the main manager here in the springs compared it to college basketball when I played college basketball. Coaches don’t let players go they help them improve to get better to reach their goal.
Pros
When there’s people at doors who want inspections
Cons
You can go days without anything, you won’t have good numbers, and you stay in same territory w
Do not work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 2, 2018
Weak training in door to door sales.
Micro managing from Sales and upper Management.
They don't even allow salespeople ON roofs during an inspection, they just go based off of what the soft metals around the elevations of the house look like. How can you call that a proper inspection!?
What a joke.
Sales managers with bad attitudes and cookie cutter training methods, lead to poor business..
Horrible reviews with BBB.
They will laugh about you and you won't get your check, and speak poorly of you while you're not in office.
Poor morale.
Work ethic and strong commitment....or dont bother applying
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 25, 2018
Sales, home inspector, claims specialist...are all the same. It's door to door sales. The math is simple the more doors you hit the more claims you land, (metrics supported).
Sales turnover is incredibly high. Work/life balance for the customer facing folks doesnt exist, unless you are single and plan to stay that way. You are working early and/or late and Saturdays as that's when homeowners are home. Its commision based with a company biased formula, so if claims are not turning into approved jobs frequently your time there will be short lived with not much earned.

After reading some if these reviews, it is apparent management is recruiting hence the 5s, and disenchanted are 2s or lower with not much transparency either way.

ADHI is the largest, but the best? Probably not.
There is lots of excitement, opportunity to learn, and simple frustration.

Good luck, and I hope this helped.
Pros
Good training, roll playing, developing soft skills, brand awareness, and decent product
Cons
Pay structure is bad, long work weeks, door to door, mgmt constantly dangling a carrot you will probably never reach, and burnout.
It’s a job the people are nice the hours are terrible
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILAugust 29, 2018
The people are great the team atmosphere is awesome the hours verses pay is awful . I work 6 days a week and I hear about the reviews from potential clients from their lawyers or their insurance company
Pros
Good money
great
Lead Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
Monday morning is a mandatory management meetings and Thursday evenings; these meetings are very important to individual success as well as team building. On Mondays after the meeting one is to make sure that you have the necessary supplies until Thursday night meeting. In our line of work, we deal with storm related damage to roofing, siding, and gutters. As being a lead field supervisor, I personally work with home owners with contract negotiations, filing claims, damage reports, and representing the home owner when the insurance adjuster is on site. Being a lead field supervisor, I Interview, hire, train new team members, negotiate contracts, explain insurance reports to home owners, do storm related property inspections etc. The work place culture is being able to call up the chain of command to even the vice president for advice and questions. The most difficult part of the job can be contract negotiations with home owners that are not telling one the whole story. When a home owner has ben helped by us and had no idea that the insurance company would pay for the damages is truly rewarding,
Bad management.
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOAugust 13, 2018
I started there recently and wasn’t provided with copies of basic paperwork. I wasn’t told my hourly wage for example, or hours or procedures. My first trainer quit and no one contacted me. So next I got four hours of very disjointed training on July 3rd, off the 4th, then the fifth I was given keys to a truck and told to head out.

I had no idea what I was doing. Now, going door to door is a rough job. But I feel basic training might have helped me be successful.
Long days without the pay
Home Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 1, 2018
Long days working 6-7 days /week. You'll work in the rain and in neighborhoods you're not allowed to be in.

They will pay you a weekly allowance, something low like $350/week. But they're just fronting it to you. So when you do finally get paid from one of those big commission checks they take out your weekly draw and you rarely see anything beyond that.

Your training is minimal. They knock on doors with you for 2 days and then send you out on your own, if you haven't consistently had 5+ people set up an insurance claims with you then you're at risk for being fired.

Then the managers drop the ball all the time, you're counting on them to show up on time to your appointments, otherwise the insurance company says the inspector never showed and you never get paid.
Pros
They let you borrow a truck
Cons
Everything else
Great life to work balance. If you shoot for the moon the company would pay you the stars if earned.
Field Superviser (Current Employee) –  Greenwood INJuly 19, 2018
I started with ADHI 3 years ago, this is no job (just over broke) this is a career and a lifestyle. If you treat it like a career, you get career based results and pay. If you treat it like a (min wage) burger flipping job. Then you will get no more then burger flipper results. This company has not only changed my life, but I give them credit for also saving my life!!! I will and have recommended this job to my closest family and friends.
Pros
Work to life balance, full benefits, and decent pay.
Cons
Working in the elements.
Great group of sales people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 20, 2018
A wonderful group of motivated men and women who have the skills and courage to knock 200 doors a day. Definite care for employees and great employee retention.
Not a real contractor, SCAM!
"Project Manager" (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 19, 2018
This company is a scam to their customers. Their "construction crews" at American Dream are comically bad! Horrible! No departments work together and it pays extremely low. Do not advise entertaining employment from them at all.
Pros
Cons
Alot
July 26, 2018

We regret to receive this review, but thank you for your feedback. As a Project Manager with ADHI, a major job function is working with our crews to ensure builds are done on time and properly. We have several departments that are all integral parts of ADHI. All department team members have at least 2 direct points of contact to assist with any type of communication across departments to ensure we are working as efficiently as possible to help our homeowners. ADHI offers fair and competitive pay for all our Project Manager positions, in addition to a company vehicle, health/vision/dental/life insurance benefits, and a 401k that is matched by ADHI. We appreciate your time with ADHI and wish you the best of luck.

Only review that matters
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 7, 2018
Great career right here ladies and gentlemen. Full benefits, company truck, freedom, and money. All
You have to do is go to work everyday and actually work. What a great concept!!
Pros
Freedom, money, benefits, people, something fun and different everyday
Cons
Farmers tan
Highly rewarding for highly motivated people. You get what you put in!!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 5, 2018
If you want to change your life and aren't opposed to working pretty hard, give this a shot. The training is there if you are willing to learn. Nothing is handed to you, and you are rewarded for your efforts with endless opportunities to grow. Sure, there can be some long hours, but who makes 6-figures without having to sacrifice some personal time. The camaraderie is second to none, and the growth potential is the highest I've ever seen and that comes after working for a FORTUNE 150 company. Anyone that knocks this company just didn't have the work ethic to cut it, thats it.
Didnt pay me what they owed me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 2, 2018
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! They told me at the start that I would get paid whether I made sales or not. And that there was a weekly base pay and bonuses on top of my base pay if I made sales. I specifically asked if it was sales based pay and they told me NO.

I worked for them for 3 weeks and never got paid a cent. I had many leads and some sales and never got any money. Told them that it wasn't for me and went in to get my check and they said I needed to call some guy that took care of people that were quiting, and when I called him he told me that they owed me nothing.

They also did some work for my aunt and uncle and charged them an outrageous price for a roof job. They said they would initially pay a set price and then after they were finished they changed the price.

This company is a scam and a pyramid scheme and should be shut down!
Pros
Cons
Pyramid Scheme, Scam!
If you work hard and use their success system you'll do well. It's not easy, but if you're a history you'll do well.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INMay 25, 2018
Be ready to work hard but he rewarded for it. They'll do everything they can to help you succeed and provide you with the necessary tools, the rest is up to you. Be ready to work long hours and 6 days a week though. But like any sales job, the more you produce, the more freedom & flexibility you have.
Pros
Unlimited support, company truck, exotic trips and contests.
Cons
Long hours, lots of knocking, have to work on Saturdays, and If you don't produce it'll reflect on your pay.
Sales Position
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 25, 2018
Very fun and fast-paced work culture and environment. You get to make your own schedule and the managers are fun to work for. Kind of like a work hard play hard type of position with good opportunities from promotions and to make good money.
Pros
Schedule, opportunities
Cons
Self-motivating type of position
Get out what you put in!
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 25, 2018
Greatest company to work for in the world! Bulletproof system in place if you just follow it. Place where hard work is rewarded big time! I was asked when i started if i had to work harder than i've ever worked before and i would make more money than i've ever made before would i do it? I said yes and have done so and the rewards are even greater than i thought they would be. People that leave here or complain about pay or hours or blah blah blah are just plain lazy, don't follow the system or can't look in the mirror and realize the problem is them not ADHI. #ADHI4LIFE!
Pros
Hard work is rewarded, Training and Support
Cons
way to many hours for the amout of pay recieved
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 15, 2018
Management was great and so were the people i worked with ,they pay was never right and on time. Commisions were cut in half and were told that they full amounts . Never had a set area of work each day , it was always different
Pros
Great Management and employees
Cons
Lied to about pay/ Lack of pay
May 25, 2018

Thank you for the review on your experiences. We take great pride in our teams and management and are proud to receive the feedback from our Davenport, IA office! Upon being hired with ADHI, all employees pay structure and compensation are outlined. ADHI can assure that all employees operating ethically and responsibly are compensated for the work they performed while employed.

ADHI has locally established offices in each of our locations. Employees are able to work within specific territories surrounding our office locations. Being that ADHI is a storm restoration contractor, we will work multiple local areas effected by severe weather.

They will fire you if you don't come an inch of their expectations
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 9, 2018
Don't do it. I worked there for two weeks, worked my butt off and got fired. Plus I was denied all wages after being fired. Any commission I made while working got put directly back into the company. They will steal from you.
Pros
Freedom to start knocking doors at 9 am till 8 pm every day
Cons
Everything else
May 25, 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback and it is unfortunate to hear that the position was not a fit for you and did not work out. As one of the largest residential roofing contractors in the country ADHI's success is built off our Teams and Employees. ADHI can assure that any past and future employees are all fairly compensated for the work that they perform. If you feel there are any issues, please reach out to our dedicated HR team for further assistance. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Just awful
Inspection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 1, 2018
The management was terrible. They *trained* you and then threw you out on your own and if you didn't succeed they cut your pay immediately. Not a good place to be.
May 25, 2018

Thank you for the feedback, and we regret to hear of your experiences. ADHI stresses the importance of training with our new employees. Through weekly meetings with local management, monthly check-in and reviews from our Recruiting Team, as well as flying newly hired employees to our Corporate Headquarters in Downers Grove, IL to learn from ADHIs department heads, we only want to build our teams up for success. Unfortunately, this position is not a fit for every individual as it appears to be in this situation. We greatly appreciate your interest and wish you the best of luck in the future!

Amazing Teamwork and Management
Project Manager & Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2018
I started out as a front office manager and moved into Production after a year. This is an amazing company to work for. They understand that family is important and work with you as much as they can when things happen. This company truly does on the "team" aspect of the job. I have grown so much from working here and if given the chance will always come back.

I would say the hardest part of my job is to keep the crews on task and manage other aspects of the job that need done. It is all about time management with this position.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we are helping so many homeowners and providing work for crews to take care of their families.
Pros
Work Truck provided, vacation time, and sick days
Cons
Always on call

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Dream Home Improvement, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.