American Dream Home Improvement, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very Happy
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INMarch 20, 2019
I love my job at American Dream home improvement. This is my third year and every year the company gets better. Management is a huge support system and they want you to succeed. I highly believe in the system that they want us to follow . If you follow it exactly, like they say, you will succeed. If you have a good work ethic and you get out there and work you can make a lot of money at this company. This job is not for anyone that is lazy Or cannot self motivate. You don’t have someone calling you to tell you to go to work, you just go. Time management is a must and you have to be organized. People skills also is a huge help. Homeowners go with us because of the interaction at that front door.
Pros
Pay, medical, if you’re producing you can make your own hours, management support, training, and ability to move up whenever you want to
Cons
Weather
Great opportunity for those who want to move up.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2019
This job is like having your own business. They have a system and if you follow the system you will be successfully. You control your own destiny. You move up within the company at your pace. My only regret was not starting here at a younger age. You get better as you gain experience. Not sure if there is a better opportunity out there. From what I have seen, the people that do well seem to get compensated very well. Work hard, play hard. Year end trips for top reps. Family and team atmosphere.
Pros
Unlimited potential, freedom. You are your own boss.
Cons
Working six days a week.
Great place to have a Career!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 3, 2019
Started with ADHI in 2014, advancement is from within which is a good thing for a company of this size, nobody better to lead the teams then people who have worked their way up! This is a fast paced highly competitive career that rewards you with unlimited growth and income! Managers are top notch and are there to help you succeed with this company! Training is top notch and year end trips are off the charts! If you are thinking about working here, just do it!!!
Pros
Family oriented
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 28, 2019
See pros and cons below.

Freedom
Benefits
Opportunity to make $100k+
Company vehicle
Bonuses
Opportunity to advance
Fair
Rapidly Growing business
Family owned
Help people

Hard work ethic required
Deal with clients that are skeptical initially think it’s too good to be true.

Takes a little time to get the hang of things and get off the draw and earn the big commission checks
Awesome place
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 26, 2019
Awesome place to work and excited for the opportunities that are ahead for me and my family. Great money, company truck, something new and exciting everyday!
Pros
Truck, insurance, 401k, paid training
Cons
Sometimes it rains
Good work for good pay
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 26, 2019
ADHI has a system in place that, if you follow it and out in the required full time hours, you have a great chance at success. Sales staff is W2 which is a big deal for my family because of the health insurance amd 401k options. For me it adds 20,000 a year to the pay as oppose to other companies that offer a higher commission percentage.
Pros
Working outside and get a truck
Cons
Work shirts when you first start could be better.
Fun, professional and competitive!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2019
With working here it’s been great, company trips, bonuses and achievement awards, always posting competitions and always looking to help anyone who is not reaching their personal goals, we are a team! Would recommend to anyone looking for a work-family atmosphere, the sky is the limit here. Come join and watch your sales career explode with this company!
Pros
Company vacations, company truck, bonuses, career coaching
Cons
Can’t find one, tell me if you can!
Rewarding Career with amazing colleagues
Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 20, 2019
5 years ago I interviewed for a sales position, my life has completely changed, I’ve grown as a person, not just in business but in my personal life. I’m a better husband, father and friend because of what I’ve learned at this company. Nothing like being rewarded and recognized for your hard work. Truly a company that advances you based on merit and hard work. The tropical vacations every year don’t hurt either
Pros
Company Truck, benefits package, management
Cons
That I didn’t start here sooner
Great sales job
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 19, 2019
This is a great job. The managers are great at training their employees for success. Great experiece for salesman. The hours are pretty long when you first start but once u learn the system you can cut the hours down. You have a great opportunity to grow here if you have the right mind set.
Hard place to work for.
Field Manager II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 30, 2019
One good perk is that you do get a nice truck to work from which always looks good on you. There is always room for improvement and promotion is always offered. There's definitely a structure there for you to succeed. Lots of things are changed when goodnight company I don't believe in there practice any longer. Seems that they've been in trouble quite a bit for their business practices after I left some of that doesn't surprise me
Adhi
Field Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 21, 2019
Good place to learn about door to door sales and gain real field experience selling. Opportunities to learn about insurance claims and home improvement.

Management is poor and the company as a whole seems untrustworthy.
Pros
Sales Experience
Cons
Everything else
Where do I begin
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2018
Managers smoke cigarettes every 5 minutes in Colorado Springs. My supervisor smokes weed bowls on the jobs and in his truck every day at lunch too. Shouldn’t get let off because numbers the managers don’t care to help you improve and the main manager here in the springs compared it to college basketball when I played college basketball. Coaches don’t let players go they help them improve to get better to reach their goal.
Pros
When there’s people at doors who want inspections
Cons
You can go days without anything, you won’t have good numbers, and you stay in same territory w
Great
Sales Manager/ Senior Restoration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 13, 2018
Love the job!! Great room for advancement and training is always there. Comoany trucks are provided and great incentive. If you like battling the elements and proving your worth, then its the best place to be.
Do not work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 2, 2018
Weak training in door to door sales.
Micro managing from Sales and upper Management.
They don't even allow salespeople ON roofs during an inspection, they just go based off of what the soft metals around the elevations of the house look like. How can you call that a proper inspection!?
What a joke.
Sales managers with bad attitudes and cookie cutter training methods, lead to poor business..
Horrible reviews with BBB.
They will laugh about you and you won't get your check, and speak poorly of you while you're not in office.
Poor morale.
Work ethic and strong commitment....or dont bother applying
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 25, 2018
Sales, home inspector, claims specialist...are all the same. It's door to door sales. The math is simple the more doors you hit the more claims you land, (metrics supported).
Sales turnover is incredibly high. Work/life balance for the customer facing folks doesnt exist, unless you are single and plan to stay that way. You are working early and/or late and Saturdays as that's when homeowners are home. Its commision based with a company biased formula, so if claims are not turning into approved jobs frequently your time there will be short lived with not much earned.

After reading some if these reviews, it is apparent management is recruiting hence the 5s, and disenchanted are 2s or lower with not much transparency either way.

ADHI is the largest, but the best? Probably not.
There is lots of excitement, opportunity to learn, and simple frustration.

Good luck, and I hope this helped.
Pros
Good training, roll playing, developing soft skills, brand awareness, and decent product
Cons
Pay structure is bad, long work weeks, door to door, mgmt constantly dangling a carrot you will probably never reach, and burnout.
It’s a job the people are nice the hours are terrible
Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILAugust 29, 2018
The people are great the team atmosphere is awesome the hours verses pay is awful . I work 6 days a week and I hear about the reviews from potential clients from their lawyers or their insurance company
Pros
Good money
great
Lead Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
Monday morning is a mandatory management meetings and Thursday evenings; these meetings are very important to individual success as well as team building. On Mondays after the meeting one is to make sure that you have the necessary supplies until Thursday night meeting. In our line of work, we deal with storm related damage to roofing, siding, and gutters. As being a lead field supervisor, I personally work with home owners with contract negotiations, filing claims, damage reports, and representing the home owner when the insurance adjuster is on site. Being a lead field supervisor, I Interview, hire, train new team members, negotiate contracts, explain insurance reports to home owners, do storm related property inspections etc. The work place culture is being able to call up the chain of command to even the vice president for advice and questions. The most difficult part of the job can be contract negotiations with home owners that are not telling one the whole story. When a home owner has ben helped by us and had no idea that the insurance company would pay for the damages is truly rewarding,
Bad management.
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOAugust 13, 2018
I started there recently and wasn’t provided with copies of basic paperwork. I wasn’t told my hourly wage for example, or hours or procedures. My first trainer quit and no one contacted me. So next I got four hours of very disjointed training on July 3rd, off the 4th, then the fifth I was given keys to a truck and told to head out.

I had no idea what I was doing. Now, going door to door is a rough job. But I feel basic training might have helped me be successful.
Long days without the pay
Home Inspector (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 1, 2018
Long days working 6-7 days /week. You'll work in the rain and in neighborhoods you're not allowed to be in.

They will pay you a weekly allowance, something low like $350/week. But they're just fronting it to you. So when you do finally get paid from one of those big commission checks they take out your weekly draw and you rarely see anything beyond that.

Your training is minimal. They knock on doors with you for 2 days and then send you out on your own, if you haven't consistently had 5+ people set up an insurance claims with you then you're at risk for being fired.

Then the managers drop the ball all the time, you're counting on them to show up on time to your appointments, otherwise the insurance company says the inspector never showed and you never get paid.
Pros
They let you borrow a truck
Cons
Everything else
Great life to work balance. If you shoot for the moon the company would pay you the stars if earned.
Field Superviser (Current Employee) –  Greenwood INJuly 19, 2018
I started with ADHI 3 years ago, this is no job (just over broke) this is a career and a lifestyle. If you treat it like a career, you get career based results and pay. If you treat it like a (min wage) burger flipping job. Then you will get no more then burger flipper results. This company has not only changed my life, but I give them credit for also saving my life!!! I will and have recommended this job to my closest family and friends.
Pros
Work to life balance, full benefits, and decent pay.
Cons
Working in the elements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Dream Home Improvement, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.