American Eagle Airlines Employee Reviews

Down the drain!
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2015
I hope Envoy will offer the employees another buy out, Co-Workers are haters, The Union does everything for Envoy, and there is NO advancement anywhere old boy network bosses take care of their own.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
being employed by a dead end company
American Eagle
Station Agent (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 9, 2015
American Eagle and US Air merged and since I was at a Regional Airport the jobs were given to Envoy Air. I didn't see any room for advancement,
Pros
Job was within 5 mi. from my home. Could fly for free as long as you had 3 days off to do so.
Cons
Pay was low and management was not experienced. No room for advancement.
overseeing aircraft on a hourly basis, working incoming & outgoing flights. Loading & unloading baggage
Customer Service/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 7, 2015
Lot of behind scene with Aircraft polices. Very in depth job, Learned how operations work. Marshaling aircraft to gate & wing walking from gate for take off. Enjoyed learning & interacting with other operation personnel.
Pros
many perks
Cons
Driving to Grand Rapids with little over minimum wage
The place was not that good to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2015
If management was better it would been a good place to work like they did not care about their employees I work for 2 yrs then I transfer to miami and was not very well treat
not the right place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2015
American eagle airlines/ envoy airlines management is one of the worst I have worked for. was employed there for 2 and a half and got paid the same amount as when I first started of $11.58/hr for 2 yrs
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
no money to go anywhere just for bills
yikes
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
Flying for free is wonderful. Meeting so many different kinds of people is awesome. Back pain and really unsafe conditions are what causes a poor retention for them.
customer care
(Envoy) Ramp Agent L.M.M Airport (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 27, 2015
I really enjoy team work. I believe in excellent costumer care. To be punctual is super important. I have learned the importance in learning different cultures in which has broaden my knowledge.
Pros
medical benefits, travel
Cons
short breaks
Fun Job
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2015
Travel was from large city to small, back and forth about 7 flights a day. Layovers were usually short. Flights were also usually short. Co-workers were nice as well as the passengers
Pros
Easy work, great benefits
Cons
Base not available where I wanted to live, low pay
This is a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2015
I work for then and I like it the only thing that you had to work to many hours but is good I will recommend anybody there I will go back if I have to
Ok workplace.
Crew Chief / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
Supervised Rampers on the field marshal in airplanes and push them back out on time, Made sure that luggage was connected airplane to airplane.
Great if your single if you have a family can be hard
Passenger Service Agent/Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 6, 2015
Work day was checking in pax loading planes. solving bags problems basically an ambassador for the airlines. Flew for free family did also. Long hours and off schedule operations alopt
Pros
free flights family flew
Cons
long hours can be tough
Flight Attendant/Saftey Instructor
Flight Attendant /Recruiter/safety instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2015
A Great Place to have a Career! I am Thankful for the Experience! Flying on Propeller Aircraft was awesome! The days could be up to 15 hours back in 1991 but the flight crews were like family which was very nice.
Pros
Guest Interaction/ Free Travel/ Great Management
Headache
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
No room for growth. The pay is not good for the type of work that you do. Also, the co workers are not friendly at all. Also, the harassment that you experience is not worth the time.
Fun environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2015
Great, fun and enjoyable environment where I was able to evolve and strength my knowledge and skills. Great opportunity where I met a lot of diverse costumers and co workers.
Great Place to Start out
Crew Chief - Aircraft Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2015
Looking to get your foot into the Airline Industry with some experience. Once experience is obtained, move on to American Airlines
Get paid to see the world from above
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Working in this industry is more of a lifestyle rather than a career. You get to know your co-workers very quickly and develop trust which is important in this enviroment. A typical day starts includes 2-5 legs. Each flight I greet, help with luggage, makke afety announcement and serve in flight refreshments. Although there was managment this job allows very little face-time with management. The toughest part of the job was being away from my family for 2-3 nights in a row. The best thing about the job is meetingnew people everyday... and also the flght benefits. Being able to travel and bring my family along was aan amazing incentive.
Pros
flight benefits, meeting interesting people
Cons
being away from home for days and nights at a time
Great Travel Benefits
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  DFWMay 26, 2015
Can be high pressure at times but overall a good place to start a career. Great for anyone looking for the flight benefits
Pros
Free flights
Cons
scheduling not flexible, pay could be better
meh
Fleet Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
This was at temp job for me. Pay wasn't good at all. But the people were great. Management sucked. But I had fun and met great people. Hardest part of the job was after training and doing the work on the field. The enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
"Free flights"
low pay for some of the work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2015
best part of the job was the flight benefits
worst part was the incompetence on behalf of the supervisor and HR department
Pros
flight benefits
Great work environment
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 6, 2015
The crew I worked with is by far the best group of people I have ever worked with. They were always available to help or advise.
Pros
Work crew.
Cons
Long way from home.