American Eagle FCU Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJuly 16, 2018
Excellent company to work for! The company is very transparent and open to new creative ideas. Always an open door policy from the CEO down to the teller line. You don't see that with many companies.
Horrible Management
Back Office Lead (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2018
Favoritism runs rampant. Management promotes friends within and from outside. Management, HR not above lying on an
employee to ensure advancement is hindered. Cultural diversity in mid and upper management is almost completely absent. Of 300 employees only 7-8 people of color in management rolls. Very whitewashed company. Like to classify staff using psychological tests. Meyers Briggs, Thinkers, Promoters, Socializers and Directors.
Do not take accountability for poor decisions made by management and will.cover themselves at all cost.
Pros
Time off, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Poor management, exclusive culture, not mom friendly
Stable and successful credit union to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTNovember 29, 2017
American Eagle is continuing to grow, which is great. Paid well for positions. Time off is average. Excellent 401k benefits. Really great coworkers and not overworked.
I really liked it!
Member Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTNovember 1, 2017
My hours and pay were good. I liked the atmosphere. Everything was fun. Only thing was because it was a small state institution the management had a vice grip over everything. They only looked out for each other.
Pros
Only in 1 state
Cons
Management was horrible!
Great Place to work
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 14, 2017
AFCU is a great organization to work for. I left to advance my career which turned out to be a mistake. They understand work life balance and pay employees fairly.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
along with a good company; the employees go above and beyond help the member
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTSeptember 1, 2017
Along with a good company; the employees go above and beyond helping the members
This environment its a very fast paced which includes; but not limited to phone and walk ins
A typical day is treating members professional knowledge.
to be honest my goal was always giving great service,rdest part is informing the member I will need to return the call
Pros
benefils
Cons
1/2 hour lunch
Amazing
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 11, 2017
It's a great eviornment and the work pace is fast. I learn new things everyday and I try to better myself in the work place. I'm always willing to learn new skills.
Job for holidays
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PANovember 26, 2016
I came in thru n agency and they treat everyone in the agency different than regular employees. The job isn't guaranteed once the assignment is over. I do like the weekday work week.
Too many chiefs
N/A (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTSeptember 22, 2016
AEFCU has too many chiefs and has become top heavy. Management talks about how there is great communication from the top down, but that is far from the truth. There is not enough communication about the important stuff and too much communication about the nonsense.

If management is going to hold employees accountable, they too should be held accountable.

This company has the potential to really grow, but in order to do that they need to update their technology. Update your core system to compete with the other credit unions and banks.

There also needs to be more consistency across the board. Every branch should be doing things the same way.

Senior Management needs to start listening to their employees. They should also go out and observe to see what really happens day in and day out.
Pros
Benefits, people, member focused
Cons
short breaks, lack of communication, lack of accountability
High stress, low advancement and extremely political work environment.
Floating Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Various CTFebruary 23, 2015
AEFCU used to be an organization that I would recommend to my closest friends and family. That is no longer the case, after my employment of over 5 years with this company I began working for a manager who was dishonest, abusive and very slimy when it came to politics within the company. I reached out to HR and Branch Management to try and find a solution. The solution was that I was put on warning for insubordination and she was promoted. I had letters from staff and customers to back my story and they would not look at them. Everyday since my call to HR was horrible, never knowing what to expect and not having anyone to take me seriously I began to fear for my position. I left at the end of the year 2014 and now my only regret is not leaving sooner. This is not where forward thinking, service and morally responsibly professionals should look for employment. There are much better places out there, keep looking!
Pros
Great benefits, tuition assistance and products.
Cons
Politics run unchecked, performance is not recognized, advancement is based on who you know not what you know
Warm friendly environment
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJanuary 22, 2015
Small company and caring atmosphere. I liked working here very much and the employees were wonderful. I liked my introduction to financial institutions and the world of banking. Hard work was appreciated and it was a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
For me the commute was troublesome at times.
Best Job Ever!
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTAugust 26, 2014
This was hands down the best company I have ever worked for. It provides such great experiences not only with the members that bank there but your fellow co-workers.
Pros
Annual Meetings
Excellent Place to Work
Member Account Representative I (Current Employee) –  East Hartford CTSeptember 10, 2013
American Eagle takes care of there employees. They make sure that the beneifts are top noch. They also make sure all of the programs for there employees are the best of the best.
Bad place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 13, 2013
American Eagle Federal Credit Union (AEFCU) has become one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They have new management now that doesn’t care about their employees. Their HR department is extremely weak and has no power to make decisions. I was there for 25 years and had to leave because of their new management and how they treat employees.
Productive place, good place to work
Member Account Representative (Former Employee) –  East hartford, ctSeptember 24, 2012
Helping members with concerns and questions regarding there accounts. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying or answering all the members questions and concerns and in a respectable and timely manner.
Pros
yearly company events
One of The Worst Companies I've Worked For
Member Account Representative (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 8, 2012
American Eagle Federal Credit Union (AEFCU) is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They should learn that happy employees make happy customers. They treat their employees like they don't matter, especially the branch employees. Branch employees are the face of the credit union and deserve more credit than they get from upper management. In a small company, advancement is hard, but with this company when there is an opening, they don't like to advance current employees, they like to hire from the outside. This Credit Unions values are not one of a Credit Union, but more of a bank. All they care about is profit. But aren't credit unions considered to be non profit? They hire managers that bully the staff (I have been one of those staff members that was bullied) and when confronting HR about it, nothing was done. I wasn't the only one that brought it to the company's attention. And to this day, that one particular manager is still working there. Overall, not a very professional company, and one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. When people used to ask me to send their resume along, I would try and convince them not to apply.
Pros
good health benefits, and great paid time off (4 1/2 weeks)
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle FCU. Our community is ready to answer.

American Eagle FCU Reviews by Location