American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

its a fun environment
Servicio al Cliente (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 19, 2018
It is not a hard job nor is an easy one. But is a satisfactory one. i love working there i have being with the company for 5 years and it has being a wonderful journey
Pros
clothes discount
Cons
sometimes the environment gets stressful
Produtive and very down to earth people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 18, 2018
I had a positive experience working there, with people who helped and encouraged me to do my absolute best. The environment was both competitive and relaxing.
Great Employee Discount
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2018
Very stressful to work for, but amazing discount and contests to get amazing items at a really cheap price or for free. Higher up management (district manager) are rude and ignore how a real store actually works and pick favorites.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stressful work environment
good part time job
STOCKROOM MANAGER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my coworkers at my store. I loved the discounts that I received and my managers were fair and fun. It was sad when our store closed in Mason City.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PAJuly 17, 2018
I like working here. I relate a lot to the customers and my coworkers are very friendly. I know how to talk to the customers and get them what they need.
Pros
10 minute paid break
Cons
Angry customers
Great Place to Grow
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
American Eagle is a great company if you're looking for growth in a retail store.

They provide you with the right tools necessary. Great team orientated environment
Very Competitive Environment
Secretary; Uniform Coordinator and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 17, 2018
Basically, my job was to replace any Secretary, Coordinator or Clerk who was on vacation. This position helped me gain a lot of administrative experience since I worked in different offices with different tasks.

Lots of benefits.
Pros
Lots of Benefits
Fast-paced and collaborative effort
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJuly 16, 2018
The day can get stressful, but there is a large sense of teamwork and managers are understanding if you need to call out of work/leave early. The atmosphere is a great one!
Pros
discounts and rewards for great work
Cons
no healthcare benefits as far as I know
Enjoyable work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
a typical day at - cleaning the store, refolding/restocking the jean wall, making sure all displays are to standard, greeting every person, working the cash register. I learned to be a team-player and better to assist customers find what they are looking for. Management was always supportive and great at coaching and guiding you. The hardest part of the job was during seasonal events/sales and then also floor-sets. The most enjoyable part of the job listening to the stores playlist while working.
just a job for a paycheck
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 16, 2018
Not a career, just something to put food in your belly, and gas in your tank in between careers. Filled with good people, but no way to make a living.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
poor hours, poor hourly pay
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 16, 2018
Typical day: talk to coworker. have fun with customers
Learned customer service and how to work cash register.
Hardest part of the day is dealing with a difficult Customer.
Great place for entry job
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 16, 2018
Ameircan Eage is a good place for high school seniors and college age people to work. There is more benefit to working there if you are pursuing a degreee in business, sales, fashion, or marketing.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
I had a great time at American Eagle but sadly I just wasn’t making enough money and I had leave but it was great time many memories made mangment want too bad
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Not great pay
Great place with great discounts
Lead Merch/Lead Stock (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 15, 2018
Overall is a good place of work, high pace, lots to do and you don't get bored. There is always something to do and is a great work to start learning the retail business. It has a lot of training programs but not a lot of opportunities to grow
Pros
break time, discounts, chance to win articles of clothing.
Cons
making changes in sales floor last minute, changing marketing last minute
Aeo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLJuly 14, 2018
AEO was an Ok opportunity it was always slow on working days, but there were times we get customers and we have fun and help out customer within their needs.
fun,Fast pace work with organized, friendly managers
Sales Associate/ Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 13, 2018
Working with American Eagle was a great experience, not only did I enjoy helping customers pick out gifts, outfits, and last minute items to wear out. I had friendly coworkers, great teamwork, and organized managers. The team worked like a well oiled machine each shift all while having fun!
Okay first job
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 13, 2018
For someone who likes fashion and to work in retail then this might be a good first job but besides that there isnt much to entice someone to work here.
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 13, 2018
I love the company, I've read good things about what they do. Not a huge fan of the co-workers I had. A lot of them seemed either fairly stuck up, or were high school kids who had no regard for anyone but themself. That seems to sort of be the norm. I got a job there because I look like I dress at American Eagle. I enjoyed the music! Love the clothing!
Pros
The music
Cons
The pay
extremely dissapointed
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
no much to say. the company's culture is like cult. to me, it is weird to have tech team in tons of marketing and sales. not good support from management
Okay
Inventory and Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJuly 12, 2018
The company was a great company to work for. People and the culture were fantastic and there was a lot of room to learn and grow. This company has provided many opportunities for my betterment.
Pros
Growth and Education
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K
31.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

80out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at American Eagle Outfitters.