American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Found 4,601 reviews matching the search See all 5,171 reviews
We all have to work retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 20, 2019
I worked hard and felt very underappreciated at this job. I hope the management team improved since I was there. The job was not hard. I did learn a lot about how to run a register when I wasn't cleaning up the store. I became a jeans expert and know a lot about that topic. That was the only part that I missed when I left. My co workers were nice while I was there.
Pros
Creative
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMarch 20, 2019
This job was a good part time job for while I was in high school. Pretty flexible with hours and they benefits of clothing discounts were very much worth it.
Ae
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 20, 2019
Our store does not Have a SM and everything is such a mess, the associates have access as a manager and they try there best to make the store as good as they can
Pros
We get a 10 min break
Cons
Na
Professional & fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 19, 2019
I’ve worked at this location for almost a year now and love it. The managers are great and understanding. You build relationships with your coworkers, which helps make the work environment fun. They’re flexible on hours, and there is usually an opportunity to pick more if you are looking for some extra cash.
Challenging, youthful atmosphere
Stock Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 19, 2019
This company rewards quickness, and friendly efficiency. I liked being in the stockroom because I could get in a groove and really get through shipment in great time because the management have me enough freedom to be productive in ways that were slightly altered to better improve my times of processing the shipments. Getting the stock to fit into the rolling racks was challenging and I used ladders to access higher hanging bars for more storage. It was challenging and exciting to see how fast I could get my tasks completed.
Pros
Fun, continuous work
Cons
Ladders.
Great place for a first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2019
American Eagle is an amazing company to work for, for someone who is just stepping into the working world. American eagle always works well with their employees schedules and tries there hardest to be as accommodating with your schedule as possible.

In the long run, unless you are moved into a management position, it is not a job you can make a career off of, however it is a job for you to step into the retail or the working world.
Pros
You can win free clothes!
Fun and productive
American Eagle Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 18, 2019
My first job. It was very informative as far as cashier and stocking experience. A typical day consisted of me clocking in at the register and receiving my daily task from the current on duty manager.
Productive and fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 18, 2019
I loved working at American Eagle. The coworkers and management was amazing, and I met some wonderful people because of it. I did a variety of jobs from cashier to helping customers in store to helping with fitting rooms, management always asked how to help me be better, and I absolutely recommend it.
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 18, 2019
Typical day at work is kind of fast paced , i learned that you should communicate with your customers. My workplace culture is average. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customers are happy when they leave.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
American eagle
American Eagle Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2019
My review on American Eagle is nothing but good news. I came in looking for first time job opportunities and they took me in and taught me the things I needed to know and gave me the work experience I needed .
Store with cute clothes for teens and young adults
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2019
The store I worked at was very unorganized and that’s probably the reason I had the hardest time. The managers weren’t the best , they were very stressed and not the nicest.
Pros
Big discounts on clothes
Cons
Low pay, short staff, and rude environment
Great casual culture with lacking salary / benefits.
Merchandise Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2019
AE is a fun place to work filled with great people who care a great deal about retail. AE needs to enhance their benefits in order to entice top talent to work for their organization.
Fun place to work when the management is doing their job.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 15, 2019
Poor communication from the top. For a company that is all about diversity and being you they sure don’t represent that at a company level with their employees.

Being a manager, the associates I had were absolutely wonderful for the most part and I enjoyed my daily operations. It was a fun job with room to grow. The upper management is where the problem lies within this company.
Pros
Great discounts, fun place to work, good benefits for FT employees. Flexible for PT employees.
Cons
No communication, poor listening skills, consistently doing the wrong thing, no morals and definitely don’t uphold the standard that the company puts out.
Fun Environment, Great Discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 14, 2019
Everyone at Green Oak American Eagle was great. Typically, it was pretty slow, so this is a very selling-based store. When there are customers, the sales associates are expected to get to know them, and check up on them very often. When it is especially slow, you are expected to do simple tasks, like folding or putting away clothes. If all of that was done, it is mostly just hanging around and getting to know your team members, which was great! The company has selling incentives very often, which was great because there were lots of opportunities to get free stuff! Our employees discounts were also very generous (40/60/80 % off). Overall recommend this job.
Pros
Lots of bonuses
Cons
Shorter shifts/minimum wage
Casual yet productive work environment.
Sales Lead/ Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 14, 2019
Working at American eagle is a good place to get a foot hold or a solid foundation on how retail works. I learned a lot of my basic retail knowledge working there because of its well rounded product selling.
Pros
Well paced learning curve.
Cons
Job advancement is difficult.
It was a very nice place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 14, 2019
The managers were kind and very helpful in teaching you things. The coworkers were friendly and there if you needed help. It was laid back and easy to be there.
Pros
Discounts on close
Cons
None really
Enjoyed job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
I really enjoyed American Eagle. The clothes, customers and peers. High standards but doable on the standard payroll matrix. Upper management not friendly or easy to relate to.
Pros
Great discounts, good pay
Great experience
Stock Lead/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 13, 2019
Working at American Eagle was one of the best learning opportunities I've ever encountered. There are tons of contests that help drive sales and friendly competition as well as an awesome employee discount. Everyone I worked with was fun and hard working.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Sometimes shifts get canceled
hard work
Sales Associate/ Cahier Lead (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 13, 2019
There will be days where it is rough but there are some benefits. The discounts are great! You will be prone to shop a lot because of their cute clothes
Pros
good discounts, rewards
It was a great college job
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 12, 2019
Since I have to put 150 characters, and there's really not that much to say about American Eagle Outfitters, I'm just going to say it was a great college job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.7K
31.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss