American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

Found 4,327 reviews matching the search See all 4,853 reviews
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 13, 2018
Managers are very lenient. Typical day at work can vary depending on how bust/slow the day is. Workplace is fun if you make it fun vice versa. Hardest part of the time is how busy it gets during the holidays, It can become overwhelming. Night shifts can depends, when closing it can be a headache depends on how messy the store is.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Merchandise Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHNovember 13, 2018
It was a great company to work for in general but the management that I had during the last 6 months of employment was horrible. Would gladly work at any other branch of american eagle but had problems with the managers at my branch.
Best jeans ever
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYNovember 13, 2018
Best place to shop for jeans. With stylist in store to help you, you always leave with more than you intended. The staff is very helped even though a bit unorganized.
Good for a bit
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
When I first started I loved it until I bumped heads with a former manager and ran into some favoritism and other issues as time went on.. the pay is typical minimum wage you'll make more as a sales person on your check every two weeks but be prepared to be micro managed to sell and talk to customers.
Pros
Your co workers
Cons
Short breaks, pay, inconsistent hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 12, 2018
American Eagle Outfitters teaches and helps workers interact with a variety of customers while providing excellent customer service skills and making the customer feel welcomed and comfortable.
Had a bad experience
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MINovember 11, 2018
I had a bad experience that MOST probably would never have to deal with BUT it was BAD. I was hired at the beginning of the summer in the middle of a remodel, so we were at a temporary location. NO MATTER how fast, sweaty and exhausted us girls (we were in charge of stock) were we were NEVER going fast enough for the GM (there is now a different gm since I left) and always had complaints. When we finally transferred to our newly remodelled location, the back room was so small that we couldnt fit all the back-to-school stuff so they had to rent out a different temporary location for the stock. So this is where it got BAD, this temorary location had NO A/C OR FANS! so they had us running back and forth to this location to process shipment, we sat on dirty floors sweating, and so exhausted. Only after a month or 2 of complaining the company let us get box fans.. but it was still super warm. I doubt anyone will ever go through this but this was my bad experience with AEO.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
stressful
AE was just like any retail job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working here, I didn't have a uniform and I got really good discounts. It was fun but as soon as I started, there was a huge job turnover and almost everyone left. We also got a new district manager who at the time didn't like me. We were always supposed to wear at least one article of clothing that was from AE. And because I chose to do that and pair it was my air maxes or maybe I dressed too Tom bou, she didn't care for me and she was the reason I left. I ask oleft because they cut my hours to like 10 and I have bills to be paid. I did move to customer service to do returns and exchanges, I became a jean expert, and I had the highest number of credit cards on Black Friday so that was cool!
i hated it
American Eagle Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 10, 2018
I felt I wasn't chosen to stay due to racism '
I feel like I need to be trained more
I loved my job but they would say the day before going over night that we was going over night
N/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYNovember 10, 2018
Minimal hours in ratio to availability
Inconsistent scheduling
Unprofessional management
Simple tasks
Limited to no training
Favoring specific workers
Pros
Simple and non strenuous tasks, good discounts
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent scheduling
Fun place to work at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 10, 2018
At American Eagle it can be a great place to work at times. I learned more skills in customer service and how to sell items. Through this job I've become more open. They also provide good discounts but no real benefits. Although It depends on who you work with if you will have a good day at work in my experience, one manager will only talk and be friendly at times and more with other if they hangout outside of work.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
no real benefits for anyone lower than managment

Want to know more about American Eagle Outfitters?

Ask a question
american eagle
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
it was long shifts not a big fan of retail with clothing so i was typically tired always at school little rest and little pay. Other than that experience was great met and spoke with many coworkers and customers
fun place to work!!!
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 9, 2018
Great place to work. Great opportunity for advancement. The structure of this company is great to be a retail chain. The hardest part of the job is retail hours.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
holiday hours, qualtiy of life suffers
Fun place to work, great work family!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSNovember 8, 2018
The management really cares about the associates and their personal growth.
The benefits are amazing- full coverage in health, dental, vision, insurance!
The people are the best!
No comenets
Co-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
I didn’t lie to work here cause the company had their policies but they weren’t follow by their leaders if you don’t have a grid who’s in power then you would never advance as individual
Productive, fun, competitive work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLNovember 8, 2018
At this job I learned how to board fold, I greeted customers in a timely and respectful manner. I learned how to stock clothing items, and maintained a clean and clear work space.
Productive, keeps you on your feet, meet new people
American Eagle Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLNovember 7, 2018
Overall it can be a fun job at times, you're are on your feet most of the time. Most people are nice and have manners "most". The work space can be a bit hectic at times with many customers coming in.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
can be very busy
N/a
Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  StoreNovember 7, 2018
I’m sure/hope it’s just my location. But it’s definitely not what I signed up for. I do not suggest anyone to join the management teams here if they are like the current situation I am in.
Friendly, laid back work environment with crazy good discounts
Core Member (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNNovember 6, 2018
Working at American eagle is a lot of fun to the right person. It is fast paced at times, and extremely slow at others. I wouldn’t recommend relying on this job alone to pay bills. It’s perfect for a little extra income, but nothing big. as hours/shifts given is very limited. The discount it’s a too good to be true deal at times, and you’ll never want to pay full price for clothes again. The company works hard to make sure only good experiences occur for both the customers and the workers. This job can be very overwhelming on many occasions but is a really good confidence booster and gives you amazing exposure with customer service.
Pros
Discount is Amazing, whole staff feels like a family
Cons
Low pay, few hours
Productive and fun place to work.
Selling Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, INNovember 4, 2018
One of the very best retail corporates I have ever worked for. I do opening or closing procedures. I never work less than 38 hours and never more than 40. It's a happy environment. Great product to sell. I love my job.
Pros
Open communication at all levels.
Cons
Retail hours.
Leaning skills
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
In AE you learn to multi task, because if you dont , you wont survive.
The discount is nice, and new clothing perks ( rarely)
-Not enough hours for anyone to make a living, unless your okay with part time
-Growth, depends on your relationship with your manager
Pros
Doscounts
Cons
Workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at American Eagle Outfitters.

Powered by Comparably