American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

41.5K
31.1K
Found 4,015 reviews matching the search See all 4,488 reviews
good part time job
STOCKROOM MANAGER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJuly 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my coworkers at my store. I loved the discounts that I received and my managers were fair and fun. It was sad when our store closed in Mason City.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PAJuly 17, 2018
I like working here. I relate a lot to the customers and my coworkers are very friendly. I know how to talk to the customers and get them what they need.
Pros
10 minute paid break
Cons
Angry customers
Great Place to Grow
Assistant Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
American Eagle is a great company if you're looking for growth in a retail store.

They provide you with the right tools necessary. Great team orientated environment
Very Competitive Environment
Secretary; Uniform Coordinator and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJuly 17, 2018
Basically, my job was to replace any Secretary, Coordinator or Clerk who was on vacation. This position helped me gain a lot of administrative experience since I worked in different offices with different tasks.

Lots of benefits.
Pros
Lots of Benefits
Fast-paced and collaborative effort
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJuly 16, 2018
The day can get stressful, but there is a large sense of teamwork and managers are understanding if you need to call out of work/leave early. The atmosphere is a great one!
Pros
discounts and rewards for great work
Cons
no healthcare benefits as far as I know
Enjoyable work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
a typical day at - cleaning the store, refolding/restocking the jean wall, making sure all displays are to standard, greeting every person, working the cash register. I learned to be a team-player and better to assist customers find what they are looking for. Management was always supportive and great at coaching and guiding you. The hardest part of the job was during seasonal events/sales and then also floor-sets. The most enjoyable part of the job listening to the stores playlist while working.
just a job for a paycheck
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 16, 2018
Not a career, just something to put food in your belly, and gas in your tank in between careers. Filled with good people, but no way to make a living.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
poor hours, poor hourly pay
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 16, 2018
Typical day: talk to coworker. have fun with customers
Learned customer service and how to work cash register.
Hardest part of the day is dealing with a difficult Customer.
Great place for entry job
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 16, 2018
Ameircan Eage is a good place for high school seniors and college age people to work. There is more benefit to working there if you are pursuing a degreee in business, sales, fashion, or marketing.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
I had a great time at American Eagle but sadly I just wasn’t making enough money and I had leave but it was great time many memories made mangment want too bad
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Not great pay
Great place with great discounts
Lead Merch/Lead Stock (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 15, 2018
Overall is a good place of work, high pace, lots to do and you don't get bored. There is always something to do and is a great work to start learning the retail business. It has a lot of training programs but not a lot of opportunities to grow
Pros
break time, discounts, chance to win articles of clothing.
Cons
making changes in sales floor last minute, changing marketing last minute
Aeo
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLJuly 14, 2018
AEO was an Ok opportunity it was always slow on working days, but there were times we get customers and we have fun and help out customer within their needs.
fun,Fast pace work with organized, friendly managers
Sales Associate/ Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJuly 13, 2018
Working with American Eagle was a great experience, not only did I enjoy helping customers pick out gifts, outfits, and last minute items to wear out. I had friendly coworkers, great teamwork, and organized managers. The team worked like a well oiled machine each shift all while having fun!
Okay first job
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 13, 2018
For someone who likes fashion and to work in retail then this might be a good first job but besides that there isnt much to entice someone to work here.
Good company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 13, 2018
I love the company, I've read good things about what they do. Not a huge fan of the co-workers I had. A lot of them seemed either fairly stuck up, or were high school kids who had no regard for anyone but themself. That seems to sort of be the norm. I got a job there because I look like I dress at American Eagle. I enjoyed the music! Love the clothing!
Pros
The music
Cons
The pay
extremely dissapointed
Sr Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2018
no much to say. the company's culture is like cult. to me, it is weird to have tech team in tons of marketing and sales. not good support from management
Okay
Inventory and Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJuly 12, 2018
The company was a great company to work for. People and the culture were fantastic and there was a lot of room to learn and grow. This company has provided many opportunities for my betterment.
Pros
Growth and Education
Cons
Fun place to work, great culture and people.
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2018
American Eagle Outfitters is a wonderful company to work for. Every day is different and the employees are great. The hardest part of the job is that there is not much room for advancement. The store only has so many higher-up positions and you have to start from the bottom, so most managers are hired externally. The pay also does not change unless you are promoted or receive the annual living and working raise, which is not very likely for all associates.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Difficult to moved up in company
Amazing discounts and great people but no advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 12, 2018
AE is a great retail job for someone looking to work part time while they are in school but after that, it becomes a dead end retail job. There was no room for advancement beyond a sales associate without relocation and even if you receive full time hours, you won't receive full time benefits without a manager title. The company does treat its employees well, though, with a 401k plan, amazingly unbeatable discounts, and a fun work environment. The AE managers gave me the opportunity to try out some basic visual merchandising once I had gained some tenure with my store which was not only fun, but made me feel valued.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 11, 2018
Helped with customer service and interpersonal and communication skills. Also helped with leadership and working as a team in a fast paced environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight