American Eagle Outfitters
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from American Eagle Outfitters:

American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA62 reviews
Inconsistant Hours
The hours are not really consistent and they pay is pretty low. However, a typical day of work is a lot of faced paced tasks and multitasking. You are given goals each shift which may be a pro or a con for you.
Pros
Very nice managment
Cons
Pay, Inconsistent hours, rude costumers
Horrible job
We got a new manager and I’ve worked there for two years and I’ve never received a raise. On top of that, new employees were paid more than I was. The manager has no respect for you and the other employees and every shift there’s new work drama involving the manager. She doesn’t do a lot and will take frequent “smoke” breaks. Overall, not a good environment. If it’s a different American Eagle go for it, it’s a great job. But it’s not a great job when there’s poor management. You won’t be treated girly here and you will never be recognized for the work you do. You also won’t get hours unless you don’t have school, don’t have sports, or don’t have a family to be home with. I highly don’t recommend it and I could rant for hours but I wont lol
American ea
American Eagle
The team was very sweet but the management was a little less understanding. We were working long hours even during school. They didn’t pay amazingly for the work that we were required to do
Awesome Benefits
It was really fun working at American Eagle everyone is super nice and energized. I believe the pay is a little low considering all there merchandise is on the expensive side.
Good
I actually enjoy going to work, my coworkers are some of the best people I have ever met and the dress code is casual and flexible, allowing me to be comfortable on my own terms while being fashionable.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Please read very important
I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT work at this location. The management overall is awful. One of the managers has clear favorites and they’re normally the employees who suck up to her, and try to get on her good side. She shows no appreciation or recognition for the hard work expected and put in by the associates. She also sets unrealistic goals for the store team and often puts down associates if the goals are not met. Another manager abuses her management power, abuses the policies (decides when she wants to follow the policies), does whatever she wants, and makes the associates do all of the hard work. She does not recognize her own responsibility as a manager which puts a great deal of pressure on associates. The management also talks down on you, even if you are doing your job well.
The pay here is incredibly low, ridiculous and nonsensical for all the work you are expected to do on a daily basis. The hours are very inconsistent and low. The management is incredibly unorganized. They only care about the number of sales, money made, and credit card applications, and as I said, they will often put you down if those goals are not ment. Considering this, the lack of appreciation from management, low hours and pay, I would not recommend working here. There are far better jobs out there where you will make more and be more content.
Overall American Eagle is a great company
I loved working at American Eagle but it has its issues, i was often disrespected by managers. They were also not adapting to my disability and refused to let me take breaks to eat.
fun place to work
Nice place to work great people and good management however I did not get paid fairly and what I deserved for how munch dedication I had to my job. I liked my co workers and meeting and interacting with new customers is always good
A good place to work to get started i feel like every one should at some point should do retail
i have been at american eagle for 3 years and i have had some good days and i have had some bad but all of them have been making me a better person overall
Good intro to retail
I enjoyed my brief time at American Eagle. The people were friendly and management was overall nice. It was just too much work for too little pay that ultimately turned me away.
Everyone made sure that they were doing what they were supposed to be doing.
There was 80 employees over the season which was crazy because not everyone was getting the hours that they needed. I noticed that Everyone was able to get there job completed when they were told and there were someone people who were very helpful to the people that needed helped wither they needed helped and they asked or not but they helped.
Management was very co-operative
As a College student taking classes, management was very understanding of my responsibilities outside of work and allowed a lot of flexibility which I was very grateful for.
Unorganized and lacking of detail
There were some good things about working here, but for the most part I didnt gain much from the experience. I was barely able to reach the manager, but it seemed like every other employee had her contact information but I was never given it. It’s hard to get on the schedule. My first week I only worked one day for 3 1/2 hours. Wasn’t put on the schedule for the following week. My training provided little detail about specific things.
Not a great place
I have always admired American Eagle's line of clothing, but the one thing they lack as a company is the willingness to stop investing so much into the clothing, and focusing on their own employees. During my time at AEO, I had my fun, but the fun came with a price of no salary compensation no advancement in the workplace.
Horrible Changes
During my last few months working as a selling manager, so many company changes were made and we were expected to make a complete 360 also immediately. On top of not having support from my district manager when it came to issues with other managers on my team, my store manager left and we didn't get a new one until almost a month later, so the store was complete chaos! By the time we finally did get a new store manager, I was completely burnt out and the issues on the management team did not get solved, so I had to walk away despite building strong relationships with my other staff members. WORST COMPANY TO BE A MANAGER FOR!!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of conflict resolution, No support from upper management, Too many changes at one time
nice place to start working as a teen
my first job ever. easy enough from what I remember. was hired to work for the busy season of winter. management was a little complicated, never really knew who was manager or shift manager or floor manager etc...
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
pay
Loved my job
I loved working here. You have to be diligent about maintaining work/life balance though because they will eat up every ounce of your free time if you let them.
the people
it was fun working because the people there were so joyful and fun. Of course we'd work but they made cleaning and stocking clothes enjoyable. Very nice place to work.
Pros
15-30 break
Not a horrible place to work during high school. They take themselves too seriously.
Most of the employees were teenagers/in their 20's and didn't care much about the job, but the managers were always pushing us to sell more and more which is why I say they took themselves too seriously for what they were, which is a high school job. But over, not a horrible place to work. Good discount, cute clothes, I enjoy the customers, and if I'm having a bad day, it's usually not caused by the job but caused by my own problems and only inflamed by the job.
Good first job to have being young
Would clock in and have a group meeting with all oncoming employees and floor manager. Would discuss who was doing what (ie, dressing rooms, cashier, working the floor). Always had something to do unless slow during the morning hours
Pros
30 minute breaks, good starting job
Cons
Not a long term job
Decent// very underpaid
For the work done here the associates are very underpaid and some operations held at the store are unplanned and much too difficult to accomplish efficiently.
Pros
Good management, good discount
Cons
Bad planning, underpaid
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Eagle Outfitters. Our community is ready to answer.
2K
2K
1.4K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight