American Eagle Outfitters
Happiness rating is 65 out of 100

American Eagle Outfitters Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
The hours are not really consistent and they pay is pretty low. However, a typical day of work is a lot of faced paced tasks and multitasking. You are given goals each shift which may be a pro or a con for you.
Pros
Very nice managment
Cons
Pay, Inconsistent hours, rude costumers
I worked there for a few months and quickly learned that the hours weren’t reliable and pay wasn’t good. There’s one manager who is always getting mad at everyone and who picks on all the staff. nothing has been done about it and that combined with the terrible pay is why i quit. the store manager is probably the best manager i’ll ever have but many of the staff stopped getting hours which was an issue. overall if you’re looking for a place to not get scheduled a lot and to not get good pay then this is for you. i will say that the discount is good but it makes you spend all of your money on clothes you’ll never wear. DONT WORK HERE.
Learned a lot in regards to customer service and working in retail. Everyone is super friendly and it’s a great environment. Hours shift throughout year, but management is fair with scheduling.
This job had some great benefits like discounts on clothes, however the job could be a hit or a miss depending on the management. At certain times, when working with certain people the job was very enjoyable. But at times, management would sometimes not respect certain hours that I was not able to work. Additionally, I did not feel like I was accurately paid enough for all the hard work I put into this job. It's a great opportunity to gain customer and selling experience but know what you're getting yourself into.
We got a new manager and I’ve worked there for two years and I’ve never received a raise. On top of that, new employees were paid more than I was. The manager has no respect for you and the other employees and every shift there’s new work drama involving the manager. She doesn’t do a lot and will take frequent “smoke” breaks. Overall, not a good environment. If it’s a different American Eagle go for it, it’s a great job. But it’s not a great job when there’s poor management. You won’t be treated girly here and you will never be recognized for the work you do. You also won’t get hours unless you don’t have school, don’t have sports, or don’t have a family to be home with. I highly don’t recommend it and I could rant for hours but I wont lol American ea
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The team was very sweet but the management was a little less understanding. We were working long hours even during school. They didn’t pay amazingly for the work that we were required to do
It was really fun working at American Eagle everyone is super nice and energized. I believe the pay is a little low considering all there merchandise is on the expensive side.
I actually enjoy going to work, my coworkers are some of the best people I have ever met and the dress code is casual and flexible, allowing me to be comfortable on my own terms while being fashionable.
I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT work at this location. The management overall is awful. One of the managers has clear favorites and they’re normally the employees who suck up to her, and try to get on her good side. She shows no appreciation or recognition for the hard work expected and put in by the associates. She also sets unrealistic goals for the store team and often puts down associates if the goals are not met. Another manager abuses her management power, abuses the policies (decides when she wants to follow the policies), does whatever she wants, and makes the associates do all of the hard work. She does not recognize her own responsibility as a manager which puts a great deal of pressure on associates. The management also talks down on you, even if you are doing your job well. The pay here is incredibly low, ridiculous and nonsensical for all the work you are expected to do on a daily basis. The hours are very inconsistent and low. The management is incredibly unorganized. They only care about the number of sales, money made, and credit card applications, and as I said, they will often put you down if those goals are not ment. Considering this, the lack of appreciation from management, low hours and pay, I would not recommend working here. There are far better jobs out there where you will make more and be more content.
I loved working at American Eagle but it has its issues, i was often disrespected by managers. They were also not adapting to my disability and refused to let me take breaks to eat.
Nice place to work great people and good management however I did not get paid fairly and what I deserved for how munch dedication I had to my job. I liked my co workers and meeting and interacting with new customers is always good
i have been at american eagle for 3 years and i have had some good days and i have had some bad but all of them have been making me a better person overall
I enjoyed my brief time at American Eagle. The people were friendly and management was overall nice. It was just too much work for too little pay that ultimately turned me away.
There was 80 employees over the season which was crazy because not everyone was getting the hours that they needed. I noticed that Everyone was able to get there job completed when they were told and there were someone people who were very helpful to the people that needed helped wither they needed helped and they asked or not but they helped.
As a College student taking classes, management was very understanding of my responsibilities outside of work and allowed a lot of flexibility which I was very grateful for.
There were some good things about working here, but for the most part I didnt gain much from the experience. I was barely able to reach the manager, but it seemed like every other employee had her contact information but I was never given it. It’s hard to get on the schedule. My first week I only worked one day for 3 1/2 hours. Wasn’t put on the schedule for the following week. My training provided little detail about specific things.
I have always admired American Eagle's line of clothing, but the one thing they lack as a company is the willingness to stop investing so much into the clothing, and focusing on their own employees. During my time at AEO, I had my fun, but the fun came with a price of no salary compensation no advancement in the workplace.
During my last few months working as a selling manager, so many company changes were made and we were expected to make a complete 360 also immediately. On top of not having support from my district manager when it came to issues with other managers on my team, my store manager left and we didn't get a new one until almost a month later, so the store was complete chaos! By the time we finally did get a new store manager, I was completely burnt out and the issues on the management team did not get solved, so I had to walk away despite building strong relationships with my other staff members. WORST COMPANY TO BE A MANAGER FOR!!!!!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of conflict resolution, No support from upper management, Too many changes at one time
my first job ever. easy enough from what I remember. was hired to work for the busy season of winter. management was a little complicated, never really knew who was manager or shift manager or floor manager etc...
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
pay
I loved working here. You have to be diligent about maintaining work/life balance though because they will eat up every ounce of your free time if you let them.
it was fun working because the people there were so joyful and fun. Of course we'd work but they made cleaning and stocking clothes enjoyable. Very nice place to work.
Pros
15-30 break