AMERICAN ENGINEERING TESTING INC Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNAugust 24, 2018
Great place to work, great manager. Great schedule to balance work and home life. Fun at times but serious at times also. Learned a lot with this company.
fast passed, challenging
Sr. Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Challenging environment with lots of opportunities for daily growth in knowledge of testing environment. Can be very stressful at times with multiple jobs to attend and limited staffing. Long hours during the construction season and daily activities can change hourly based on contractor needs
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
stressful
A materials testing company that attempts to have a soul
Engineer in Training (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 3, 2018
The company is fighting against cut-throat competitors. As a result, hours are long and unpredictable. Furthermore, the company is mired by a financial officer who I believe is erring on the side of being too conservative when it comes to investing, not only in talent but also in equipment. As a result, vehicles and computers are out of date. Personnel leave after only a few years to pursue higher-paying jobs from contractors and the public sector. That being said, insurance and other benefits are excellent.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, outdated equipment, Dollar sign vs name
Depends on your view of management and productivity
Cement Physical Tester II (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNSeptember 9, 2017
very poor management skills from the top down. more worried about being a social club than a business.They worry about productivity but want employees to stop work to participate in there little scavenger hunts. They also to worried that they may offend employees to tell them to do their jobs. Employees spend more time socializing than working.
Good team environment
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 4, 2017
American engineering testing always had someone I could ask to answer questions to ensure the job was done correctly. The workload was always split up evenly making sure no one person got overwhelmed.
It was fun until my position was eliminated.
Administrative Assistant to Sr. Eng. (Former Employee) –  St, Paul, MNJuly 5, 2016
I supported a gentleman who had owned his own company for 25 years. He merged with another company, and he and I went along with the merger. I continued to support him and enjoyed working for the man when others found it difficult. He was/is extremely driven in his profession. I also learned quite a bit from him in the field of geotechnical engineering.
Pros
Bagels once a week!!
Cons
No salary increases for three years.
Good people
Technician - Level II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 9, 2016
To travel to clients work to perform NDT testing on the items that needed it. We would perform UT, RT and other NDT Testing on the items.
nice place to start
Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 9, 2014
I got a lot of experience of civil engineering since I worked here.
Established Engineering Firm
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 22, 2012
If you are in management this is the company for you but if you are a laborer this company will take advantage of that. No place for advancement for laborers.
Pros
knowledgable people to work with
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMERICAN ENGINEERING TESTING INC. Our community is ready to answer.

AMERICAN ENGINEERING TESTING INC Reviews by Location