American Enterprise Institute Employee Reviews

I haven't been at AEI for many years.
Resident Scholar (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2018
Therefore, many of the questions in your survey are questions that I can't answer on a current basis. More than that, I was not an employee but a resident scholar, with sources of income outside AEI.
A collaborative, encouraging workplace.
Summer Honors Academy Student (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2018
Everyone I came across at AEI from the security guards to the senior fellows were encouraging, friendly, and eager to collaborate. A great work environment with excellent catering services and plenty of wonderful people.
Al-Qaeda Intern, Critical Threats Project (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2018
Very busy, but rewarding. You have to be able to balance a lot at once in a job like this, but you learn and adapt very quickly. Also, the job provides free breakfast and lunch, which certainly helped with morale.
I had a horrible boss
Computer and Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2018
Just coming from college you expect to learn a lot from you boss but I really didn't learn much. It was very low key job but was not guided very well by my employer.
Great Experience
Intern - Iran Team (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2018
This was a semester long internship with the CTP's Iran Team. I was tasked to contribute to Iran's Daily News Roundup, provide weekly briefings to the team, and provide research assistance to the program analyst.
Pros
Direct feedback and mentoring from the program director.
Cons
Length of internship too short.
Good place if you like research
Full time Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2017
AEI is a well-respected institute and a great stepping stone for entry-level job seekers interested in a career in policy research or academia. Things are very slow-pace (depending on department) and there's not a whole lot of accountability from management. Things are done a certain way only because they've been done that way in the past. Work perks are amazing - 5 star cafeteria, gorgeous building and a lot great opportunities to interface with scholars.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2017
Great internship experience and interesting subjects. The work given to interns could be more relevant and more responsibility would have been appreciated.
Communication with customer is important
Building Block Associate - Part time(Remotely) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2016
I meet interesting customers every day. Most of my daily job is taking care of the coming customers. Sometimes I also need to give out investment suggestion.
The organization was excellent
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2015
The organization was doing excellent work regarding the US foreign policy research all over the world. I was working with the Iranian studies team for three months. I learned a lot about iran domestic policies and politics.
Great place to work.
Executive Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 29, 2015
My typical day at work involves a lot of team work and I have trained so many people who worked with me to make all of our jobs run smoothly. This position not about one person its about team effort the hardest part f the job is when people do not want to work or come to work, then I have to step up and work that much harder; but that can also make my part of the job enjoyable because it keeps me on my toes and my staff knows that everyone must pull together to make things work properly.
Pros
Health care and retirement.
Cons
Sometimes very late hours.
Outstanding
Research and Data Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2015
AEI is a very resourceful organization. Interns can learn much from there. My technical and data analysis skills have been enhanced, and my research and communication skills got improved as well.