American Esoteric Laboratories Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant to CEO/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 22, 2018
The culture and management was great! Everyone worked as a team which helped the company thrive. Management was wonderful and we were compensated well.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Company aquired
Worst job ever.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 10, 2018
I must say that working at AEL has been the worse. The SMD department has the most unprofessional manager and supervisor I have ever seen. The manager has no idea how to run a Laboratory, doesn't believe in listening to his employees. The so called supervisor is very unprofessional in every way possible. She doesn't even communicate with her employees let alone support them. Just awful.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything thing else
MLT that loves her job no matter what or where.....
MLT/ASCP cm (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ALFebruary 6, 2018
Start out the day reviewing labs and charting on patient charts. QC and all maintenance, Then day begins with patients. Collecting, analyzing and resulting specimens. I work alone and do it all from beginning to end. My lab is CLIA and state licensed and everything is clean and in order. I see someone from management about once a month, they go over all paperwork to check for accuracy. There is nothing that I dislike about this job. I love to interact with all sorts of patients. It is a Hematology/Oncology Clinic. The hardest part of the job is losing patients to a devastating disease. I stay positive, friendly and humorous for their sake and they appreciate that.
Pros
I run the lab by myself and get all work done.
Cons
No cons
great place to work
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 31, 2018
Great place to work, the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the patients. The hardest part is getting attached to patients then they pass away.
Productive and fun place to work
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2017
A great place to work but the pay is very low. If you looking for experience this is a great place to work. They are the biggest reference lab in Memphis, TN and the surrounding areas.
Pros
you get great work experiences
Cons
the employees are underpaid
Not stressful, good benefits, pay could be better
Patient Service Technician (Phlebotomist) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2017
My hours were cut from 40 to about 35 without warning, I traveled quite a bit with mileage pay, which was also cut without warning, cutting my pay in half.
Pros
Benefits, layed back
Cons
pay was a little low for skills required, poor management
Stressful
LAB SPECIMEN PROCESSOR ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2017
This job was definitely a stressful job. If you make little errors they will be mad and make you do more work. Definitely a lot of pressure and a stressful environment.
Overall good place to work
Hard worker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 13, 2017
Better than working in hospital environment. Management fairly relaxed and will work with you if you put in the effort. Pay competitive. Busy at times, can have times waiting on work to come in. Pretty good teamwork environment.
Pros
Team environment, employees get along well
Cons
Advancement is limited
fast paced setting
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2017
There's always a lot of work to do which is good because it makes the time go by quickly. The downside to that is, there isn't adequate staffing to handle the workload, so a lot of work gets passed on to a few people.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
lots of work to be done and not enough staff
Doctor's office setting- Oncology/Hematology
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2017
Work environment is great. Doctors office settiing and have interaction with the patients. Low stress level and employs work together to accomplish the work in a timely manner.
Relaxed work enviroment
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant View, TNAugust 28, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. The training provided and customer service was excellent.If there was any concerns with processing the lab techs were always reachable and knowledgeable.
One of the best jobs
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2017
I was contracted out to a Urology clinic in Cleveland and would draw in house, spin them down and prep for pick up. I would draw around 10 to 20 people a day.
Pros
Wonderful work enviroment
Cons
N/a
Terrible Place
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  MemphisAugust 15, 2017
Terrible place to work at if in SMD Department. Management is terrible and unfair. Management choose favorites. They like to micromanage your work. They hire way more people than needed so when there is no work to do you get in trouble for not doing anything when there is nothing to do. I have never seen so many grown people that treat each other so rudely. Management also gossips about their employees. Many people gossip about each other and be rude and unprofessional. They under appreciate their unemployees. I necessarily don't mind the work but how the management is set up i absolutely hate working here.
Poor Communication
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2017
Enjoyed the ability to be able to perform your without being micro managed. The lack of communication was very poor since each phlebotomist would be placed in different clinics and it was difficult to get the necessary equipment to perform your job.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Poor management and communication.
Something isn't right
Patient Service Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 21, 2017
Something just isn't right with this company. You can't good vacation time. The way they calculate their vacation is awful. They will not allow you to take your sick time. You have to be sick sick for more than three days to get your sick time, but will take your pto/vacation time before sick time is allowed, that is not a good thing. They do not have quarterly mandatory meetings, where you can get to meet your fellow coworkers. The turnover rate is ridiculous. Honestly they really need better management and they need to work on the vacation time to accommodate their employees. You may get two to three hours a pay period and that isn't good! The hardest part of working with ael is the pay and vacation time.
Pros
None really
Cons
Pay, Vacation, Healthcare and management
Can't complain
Phlebotomist/Courier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSMay 11, 2017
Work life here is great. Monday through Friday, 8 to 5:30 is hard to beat. The pay isn't great, but the more experience you have the bigger chance you'll have to start off at a higher pay rate.
amazing company
Intra office lab processor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 9, 2017
AEL treated me wonderful. I could not have asked for a better company to work for. I had all the bells and whistles a job could offer. I had a great schedule and amazing people to work with. I just wished they had been in Fl when I moved here.
Pros
set schedule, good people, great pay
Cons
consistant training
Enjoy working
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 26, 2017
Great family-like atmosphere. Colleagues some of the best I've worked with. The culture was great and promoted a great environment for growth. Good place to work
great work place
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37814April 14, 2017
Ingles is a great place to work while going to school, they work well with your schedule. Lots of opportunity for growth in the company. Great way to enjoy your job.
no advancement
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2017
good Job to work for side job, There is not advancement you are pretty much stuck where you are when you are hired in. No tuition reimbursement, and minimum team work.