American Express Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 784 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
- CEOStephen Squeri
- Company sizemore than 10,000
- Revenuemore than $10B (USD)
- IndustryFinancial Services
What would you say about your employer?
About my job history, What i did in my spare time, told me that since I was getting the job to be prepared to sit on the phone and that I wouldn't be investigating I would just be setting things up. They really talked down about the job.
Many related to Customer Service
Tell us a success story in which you overcame an objection. Customer was adamant about purchase. I acknowledged their concern. I asked then what made them feel the way they did.I asked them what was important to them when they were making a purchase. I applied a needs based selling approach to the sale keeping in mind the clients concerns. I also applied the; feel, felt, found technique; just restructuring it to fit the purchasing scenrio.
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- articleWhat’s it like working at American Express?Published on May 24, 2021
- American Express