American Express

United States4,903 reviews

Found 4,903 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,573 reviews
expressamericancardbalancetravelcultureleaderbenefit

Great Company

Working at American Express was a great opportunity coming right out of college. I was able to get my feet wet with a great company while learning many skills that were useful for the rest of my career.

na

Good company. great pay. great benefits but the flexibility in schedule along with scheduling time off is challenging. More vacation time but not a lot of flexibility to schedule the time off.

Pros

bonus

Cons

schedules and scheduling time off

American Express insights

Based on 1,121 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Great pay and benefits

Great pay and benefits, very caring coworkers and managers as well. I highly recommend taking this job at American Express if offered. They were very flexible and understanding.

What is the best part of working at the company?A lot of talented people.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Everyday, it's a nose to the grindstone type of company. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Workaholic What is a typical day like for you at the company?60+ emails, meetings all day and night. Very meeting happy

Poor Management

From what I can see poor management rolls down from the owner. Communication is terrible and accountability doesn't exist for management. Managers will speak poorly about each other and lower level employees. Steer clear unless you enjoy toxic and cesspool like environments.

Too little work

A typical day of work consisted of morning huddles with all associates to review the branches overall performance to ensure higher levels of customer satisfaction. Throughout the day processing clients transactions accurately and reviewing all teller works to be scanned and forwarded out. Management was not great due to lack of effort in my opinion. The hardest part of the job was having to multi-task and complete all procedures before closing while being short staffed often. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating customer relationships and bringing the highest level of satisfaction.

Productive and Fun work place

Great Benifits, great for work-life balance, awesome team, fun activities, chill queue.Although their HR and back office teams could be a little better but it’s not that bad.

Todo es muy bueno

Las prestaciones son buenas y son muy justos para pagar, pero si es mucho trabajo y mucho estrés

Productive and fin place

Love it there. Coworkers are wonderful and big on teamwork. The managers assist and are available whenever you need them. Promotion comes easy as long as you work hard.

Productive and fun

I have been with Amex for 8 months now and I’ve already been promoted twice. Support from my leaders is amazing, they want to see everyone win. Work life balance is the truth.

Pros

Lots of career development

Nonsensical Trainer

My training was full of fluff and felt more like a corporate sales pitch than direction on how to do the job. The immediate supervisory staff was unapproachable and had a toxic attitude. Very phony culture here at Amex.

Very good experience in this company

American express is the best company for working all employee.I am full enjoyed and go work with company.Overall this company is very reputed and good work platform for employee.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Break

Great Company

Very good company. Benefits are good. Pay is amazing. Very fast paced. Be prepared for back to back calls. Sales is a must as well. They offer amazing pto and leave benefits when needed.

Stressful

The training was 3 months but didn’t cover everything needed to do the job successfully so you’re under constant stress/pressure on phones with card members and they’re very entitled sometimes very rude. Metrics to get incentives make you feel penalized for helping customers.

Good company

Good pay, good vacation time, little possibility to move to new roles out of credit! Pay is quite low compared to the market average. Good colleagues.

Buena convivencia

Es una empresa que vale la pena tomarlo en cuenta para reforzar un equipo de trabajo de igual manera si no eres una persona con facilidad de palabra aquí si vas a lograrlo. Valió la pena a ver trabajo en este gran equipo. Gracias por todo.

Great advancement

I’m new here and looking forward to all the great advancement the company has to offer. The hours are not Work, life, balance and that’s my only con right now. It’s hard to be a wife and a mom when the work hours are so wacky.

Just not for me.

The job stresses work life balance but HOW when you either work 8 hrs 5 days straight or 4 days for 10 hours each ? They are ALL about metrics and numbers etc. so much to learn in so little time.

Good Place to Work

American Express has been a pleasure to work for. Their benefits and work culture has been great and I have no complaints to levy other than not being able to take personal time during training. This is standard at all the companies I've worked for and is understandable.

Management is ruthless, unprofessional and quite clueless

I was in a transitioning (contract to amex employee) position with the company where pay had just been cut. Very disorganized with supervisors being unprofessional up to employee harassment and middle management leadership taking on an intimidating position which just doesn't work for me. Very little communication, compensation promised the world but could not deliver after the point of production. Could be a good place to work but not in the department I was working.

Pros

Benefits, brand, interesting job role

Cons

Management, communication, unprofessional

Mentally draining

The actual work is very easy. Training is very thorough but the calls are constant 100+ a day. Metrics and goals are easy to meet but they are very particular about how you say certain things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

69%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare American Express with

American Express reviews by popular job title

• American Express