American Family Insurance Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Casualty Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 14, 2018
A really great company with very competitive benefits. Pay is reasonable for entry level positions. Due to the nature of the industry work can be extremely stressful and quick passed. American Family does not cause or add to the stress it is simply a nature of the industry. I think the company treats its employees really well.
Pros
Benefits, day 1 vesting, advancement opportunities.
Cons
high stress, high passed.
Would not recommend
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILOctober 12, 2018
Would not recommend (at least not in Illinois and the management at the state office. Typical day is very busy and management does not really help or care.
Former employee
Customer care (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2018
The employees that I worked with we're totally awesome. My manager was horrible. You get punished for using the bathroom as a claims Care representative. It's a very unhealthy environment to work in. Upper management sacrifices the employees for their own advancement in customer Care
Pros
The employees
Cons
The sacrificing of the customer care employees
Na
Sales District Leader (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 9, 2018
Depending on your role American Family can be a wonderful company. I was able to build a strong network across all roles to assist with effectively leading my district. I learned and built tremendous skills in my field.
Review of AMFAM.
Physical Damage Claim Field Manager (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 9, 2018
I would talk to my team in the morning to see if they needed any help from the day before and the new day. Then I would have to write reports from the reinspections from the day before. I learned the company has people in upper mangers positions that have no experience in the job they are in. The hardest part of the culture is they do not like people from the east. When I finish a job task that has taken me a week or so that the task would be changed at the last minute to have to re do it and resubmit it the next morning. The best part of the job was helping train the staff and settle hard claims.
Pros
New people I met
Cons
Upper mangers that don't know there jobs.
Great place to work.
Claim Care Center Auto Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112October 8, 2018
American Family Insurance offers great pay, benefits including 401k. Recently, the company has changed management that has resulted in a huge turn over rate.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Cafe prices are too high and they do not stay open long enough for the night shift people.
Productive and needs lots of patience’s
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
This job is great, it usually has great coworkers and it’s great for team work. In this jobs you need to show your customer service skills and they need to be the best you can give.
Office Support
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 1, 2018
I provided general office support and assisted clients with changes to their policies.
I studied and achieved my property and casualty insurance license to better support clients.
Pros
Worked with my schedule at the time
GREAT Place to work
Insurance Marketing Agent office manager (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WASeptember 28, 2018
Wonderful place to work. I am able to go to school full time as well and my Agent is incredible. I learned so much about the importance of insurance in all aspects from life, auto, home, and business. I made so many incredible clients and love each and every one of them.
Very nice working environment
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2018
Meeting with customers and assisting them with their insurance policies. Working with a diverse clientele and listening to their concerns and daily lives.
I miss the regular customers and the friendly smiles that came with it.
Work Life balance, open for new ideas
SR. BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 28, 2018
Work Life balance,
open for new ideas
Promote culture an ethics
Open discussion and frequent hackathons
Customer focused
Adapting new technologies
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 27, 2018
worked for agency. management was nice and people worked with were nice. no real training involved. got to interact with customers a lot and customer service was key
Good place to work but not always room to grow
Support Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 24, 2018
The work environment in the dept. I work is good. However, once someone is in the Support Center, it is hard to advance out due to the Support Center being such a needed part of the structure.
Pros
Great benefits and vacation time policy
Cons
Extremely monitored time
productive and an educating workplace
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 20, 2018
A typical work day i would do quotes for new and already existing customers. I would help organize paper work. My work place was quiet and quite comfortable. I learned a lot and experienced working with home, life and auto insurance.
not a good place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNSeptember 19, 2018
I would never work there again. the Agent in charge, expected me to do all the work without the compensation. Typical day, input all data, meet with clients get them in and out as quick as possible.
Good company to work for
Intern (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, Missouri, USSeptember 13, 2018
AmFam is a great place to work in general, various kinds of cases and good benefits. Training and management is currently lacking in certain areas and they tend to follow what other insurance companies in the industry are doing instead of leading.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Training and management are lacking in certain areas
Decent products and coverages
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spooner, WISeptember 13, 2018
Amfam as a whole is decent, however, the particular agent I worked for provided no training or pointers that corporate requires her to do as the agent.
Pros
Advancement, job security
Cons
People seem to generally dislike people who work in this profession
Summary
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2018
While I would have previously suggested this a good company to work for, at this time I would not. The changes American Family are currently struggling through have made the work environment very uncomfortable for the employee. There is a constant shortage of qualified available adjusters, therefore placing an unreasonable work load upon the employees. This then affects the ability to provide the excellent customer service that is sought. American Family has changed from caring about the employees and a positive work environment, to focusing on numbers. As a company, they now miss the big picture.
Professional Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68132September 11, 2018
Busy environment, lots of call volumn and variety. Good salary and possibility of commission. Nice people. Offer good service and good products. Management is good to their staff.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 10, 2018
Was very lax, nice managers. Definitely a place I'd look at working at again if I didn't have another place to go. Can't complain; always nice people and great customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Family Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss