American Fence Company Employee Reviews

Was a good company to work for
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2018
Was with the company for about a long time. Good company to work for and great people to work with. Fast paced but always something new and not the same old boring thing over and over.
american fence
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2018
cool place, coworkers great, management could be better, many benefits offered, and schedule flexibility is great, management is the only downfall, but getting better
Supportive and friendly workplace
Commercial Sales, Estimator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2018
The people whom I work with are some of the best I've ever met. The work atmosphere is supportive and we are always working out ideas with one another.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Schedule conflicts
Very productive and fast paced place to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIMay 10, 2018
Excellend company to work for. Company has been around for over 30 years and is a leader in the industry. Work environment is very clean and colleagues enjoy working at the company.
Pros
hours
N/a
Lead generation (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2018
The pay is great and you get paid weekly. You also get a lot of vacation time. The people are really nice and it is an overall environment most of the time.
Lost my pto when I quite
Welder/Fabricator loader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2018
I’ve been working for America for over 14 years and when I quite to get better pay job they told that I lost all my pto and will not get paid for it but if I will stay 2 more months then I will ...
I never took any breaks with this company
Pros
Work for 40 hours a week
Cons
Health care was bad loose pto on leaving sometimes get no breaks
Good money if you can keep up
Construction Foreman (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 1, 2018
As an installer the company isn't bad. You show up to your projects and do the best you can. There are long days and lots of time out of town but the compensation is usually fair. Provided there were no problems with your particular projects, there are incentives in saved labor time by the way of monthly bonuses.
Average Fence Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2018
Typical fence company with adequate equipment. Covering the whole state. problem with management not paying bills and being cut off with suppliers frequently
Hard but fulfilling work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 15, 2017
Manual labor is never an easy task, but it is made enjoyable with a good leader and fun employees. I enjoyed my time at American Fence Company and I would recommend it.
Company owned
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2017
I have enjoyed working for AFC for almost 7 years. practices maybe out dated but are moving in the right direction. Te Support from the corporation office on contracts is amazing.

Want to know more about American Fence Company?

Ask a question
20 years ago it was a fun place to work.
Sales, Project Manager, Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at American Fence Company. It's been far too long for my rating of compensation, Management etc. to be relevant.
Pros
Sales meetings at breakfast restaurants
Cons
High management turnover
Stable and enjoyable workplace.
Crew Foreman Rent A Fence (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Very physical demanding work place. If you can keep up your coworkers will help you gain the strength needed to make it. This job will give you management and leadership skill you were unaware you had, all while making you a much stronger version of yourself. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people you get to work with.
Pros
Ability to manage your own time schedule with little supervision.
Cons
Hard labor.
i loved this job
Fence Installer (Former Employee) –  Oreana, IL 62554January 2, 2017
i loved working with my co workers and bosses there was nothing hard about this job and and i enjoyed everything about this job the job is well worth working there
Pros
i loved everthing abou this job
Cons
there was nothing wrong with this job
Not as advertised!!!
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 28, 2016
The company reviews shown are not for the Omaha, NE based company. There are a couple of American Fence Company's in the US. Be careful when applying for the Omaha base Co. The work environment is toxic at best. If you like to be treated unkindly and have your talents belittled, have at it. Otherwise stay clear.
Productive workplace
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2016
Worked as a Cost Analyst under the Executive VP. Management was completely hands off and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it was difficult to ascertain certain tasks in the most efficient manner. Everyone there has worked in fencing for many years, and as such the expectation is that you have the same experience. With this in mind, no one has the time of day to answer questions and the patience level is non existent. Best advice is for someone to be an independent thinker and not afraid to find answers to questions by themselves. Also, the corporate purchaser is very unpleasant to work for and is very condescending and quite rude. Best advice is to put on a smile and act like you care about how great he thinks he is, worked for me. Benefits are not good. To put this into perspective, the company has been in operation for over 50 years and just gave employees access to a 401k program in 2015.
Pros
Stable Environment
Cons
Poor benefits, work volume, hands off management
Care for emplyees
Fence Installer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2015
Report to yard and received my job assignment for the day. I would load the materials, organized and plan my route. At job site I would provide assistant to my crew and supervisor their work, assuring deadlines were met. overall rating for this company they treat the employee good, but the pay increase verse the type of work was not equal.
Pros
working and meeting different people
Cons
low paid
Small Branch Big Corporation
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 7, 2015
Served in all branch administrator duties on a daily basis including payroll, inventory, collections, contracts and billing. This company helped me expand my knowledge on construction and office managing.
Pros
401k added in 2015
Cons
System outdated and in need of upgrades
Well known company that has been around 50+ years
Purchasing Agent / Oversee Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 10, 2015
American Fence Company has been around for 50+ years and is the biggest fence company in the region. We have 8 branches in the midwest in 5 states.
Enjoyable work place
Welder and Installer (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIMay 8, 2015
This company is owned by 3 different people all of whom I had to communicate with on a regular basis, all were very helpful.
A typical day would consist of pulling work orders, loading and unloading trucks in the morning, welding and building of gates, proper use of a tape measure, mig welding, use of a colleens cutter, chop saws, and torches.
The worst part of the job was dealing with the weather.
Learning how to do the job was the most enjoyable part.
Long hours with little recognition
Sales, Estimator, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2015
Working with co-workers at American Fence Co is the best part of the job. We all try to keep the atmosphere pleasant. The hours are long. Little recognition for a job well done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Fence Company. Our community is ready to answer.