American Fidelity Assurance

American Fidelity Assurance Employee Reviews

United States136 reviews
Innovative and competitive work environment. Paid holidays off and a great benefits package. Bonus incentive annually. Many opportunities for continued education and training. Performance based salary increases available annually.
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!
Horrible management
Good ole boy system

Stab people on the back galore

No training yet expected to do job with little assistance and minimal errors

Toxic environment

Must kiss butt to get ahead
Pros
Work from home option on some jobs and pay
Cons
Poor Management, benefits, lack of training, poor communication
I do not work directly for American Fidelity. I am contracted through a temp agency. I have been on assignment there for the last 6 months and it has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have encountered in my 20+ years of experience. It is a bit challenging to get hired full time as nobody ever leaves once they are employed! lol The culture is relaxed and everyone has the ability to telecommute. The company prides itself on and does a phenomenal job in recognizing and appreciating their staff. Everything has a "team approach" and management is very present and supportive in the day-to-day operations. I have absolutely nothing at all bad to say about this company!
Used to care about customers. Now it's just like every other company; very impersonal. Next you impossible for promotion unless you work in home office in Oklahoma.
I did not enjoy it as much I wanted to. The projects I worked on were not real life work experience. They were more afraid that we could crash their data. However, I have learned about SQL and SSRS.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This is a decent place in the beginning, also depending on your manager and team lead. It is extremely micromanaged and EVERYTHING is nit picked where after so long you begin to realize you are setup for failure. The benefits really aren’t that great but it’s better than nothing. It is best to get in the door and IMMEDIATELY transfer to another department. Customer engagement department is definitely well known as the worst department to be in.
January 27, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the Customer Engagement/Operations leadership team.
Managers seem to favor men. Lots of travel is required. You do however, get a company car, expenses, etc. and can make decent money. Not good in the areas of training or one on one support. You are kind of thrown out there and not understood if mistakes are made.
Working with a variety of customers in various location. Lots of travel but also exciting and never boring. Management styles will vary depending on your immediate manager
Pros
expense account, company car, phone & tablet. Good pay. Travel
Cons
Travel and sales quotas
The job came with great benefits and bonuses. They do demand excellence and will push you to do your very best. It can be emotionally/mentally draining.
If younwant to make thisvwork you hsve to get along with certian people or your day there will be short. They use upper msnagemet to intiminate you. This compay

offers great benefits to use them to control you because you fear the loss of job. Agian you wont last long unless you are liked by certian reps.
Pros
Benefits and company car
Cons
Lots of over night stays and good ol boy network. They see you as a number not a person
AFA has some great benefits and perks if you are willing to work through the culture change due to retirement of some of the executive management team.
This is probably one of my favorite companies to work for. The only reason I'm not working there now is due to a car wreck I was in. I absolutely loved this job!
Working with American fidelity has been a great experience. I do a lot of travel but they compensate well for your time. I enjoy the people I worked with in Arkansas.
September 30, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate it!
No thanks. I do not choose to write a review for this company. It was a good place to work up until they eliminated my manager's position after she worked there for over 20 years. Approximately two years later, they eliminated my position.
This was a great place to work. The environment was wonderful, they really took care of the employees. The trainer was great took her time in showing you everything you needed to know
September 30, 2019
This is great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Very toxic environment. They reward people for bad behavior. I was bullied by a coworker and nothing was done about it. Didnt get the proper training I needed to be successful. This was the worste experience I ever had. I cried to and from work for the last couple of months I worked there. They treat people very poorly. I would not recommend working here.
benefits
Cons
negativity
September 12, 2019
American Fidelity strives to keep its workplace free from all forms of harassment. It is American Fidelity’s policy that Colleagues maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes civil and congenial relationships among Colleagues and is free from retaliation and violence. We hope that you shared this information with company leaders, HR, Legal or the anonymous, third-party run hotline we provide Colleagues. We have shared this review with the division leadership.
They provide little to no training, require you to work a lot of overtime and the pay is relatively low. Management is incompetent and promotions are given to the undeserving and unqualified.
September 12, 2019
We are sorry to hear this and hope that you shared details in your exit interview. Our Customer Service team receives extensive training due to the vast amount of knowledge these positions need to have to help our Customers. All Colleagues attend an initial two-day general Company training. Colleagues in the Customer Service area then attend a three-day training course focused on serving Customers and our company culture. These Colleagues then attend product-specific training to learn more about our products and services and includes completion of a Product Certification. After the initial training, ongoing training is provided to cross-train Colleagues, learn more about specific topics, technology, keeping our Customer information secure and more. Our training programs have led to us being recognized as one of Training magazine’s Training Top 125 for 15 years.
Great place to work with amazing culture. The are very socially divers as well as very kind and understanding. Leadership here is amazing. I would definitely work there again.
A typical day at work started at 8:00 AM and was a very busy work environment everyday all day. Constantly learning and working out problems. Processing cash items for return. Direct Billing, data entry.
You have the opportunity to seriously and positively impact the lives of the employers and employees we serve. While doing that, you can be well taken care of and well compensated with great benefits.
Cons
lot of long days and travel
This would be the first company I worked for that I was truly blessed to be at work every day and even the benefits of having good employees and bosses. Only reason for leaving was because of me being able to Homeschool my children but would definitely return if ever looking for a full time position again!!
Pros
Bonuses, Work From Home, Family Oriented
Cons
Consistency
Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Fidelity Assurance. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight