American Financial Network Employee Review

View all American Financial Network reviews

Consistently Inconsistent - SkySong Branch
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2018
Constant changes to the comp plan, inconsistent marketing which was not structured in accordance to the branch manager's plans to create healthy profit margins. Attempted forcing loan officers to suggest specific loan programs which were better for the branch but completely disregarded the best interests of the customers.

During my time of employment we had reached almost 40 loan officers, a few weeks later there were less than 15, which should provide a good indication of how poorly planned and executed this branch was from the beginning. (they'd set daily goals, then give excuses as to why the phones weren't ringing, why we didn't have leads)

The production managers, processors and loan set up people worked with what they could which wasn't much but they were all helpful and kind.

I believe these branches are run like a franchise so this review is specific to my experience at the SkySong location.
Pros
Ping pong and a putting green, great for the majority of time without leads.
Cons
Poor branch management, lack of leads, bi-polar meetings

Other American Financial Network Employee Reviews

good company bad franchise owners
Transaction coordinator (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 22, 2019
the company is a good company but I worked through a DBA which was not fun, bad culture bad management, and under paid gives AFN a bad name should look into DBA's more cautiously
Good People
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHAugust 20, 2019
Nice people, relaxed environment. Smart Loan Officers, the staff all had great experience/knowkedge in the industry. just wasn't a good fit for me. I need more structure, . Couldn't get a good processing flow with bits and pieces of needed information to help do my job. Good fit for someone with encompass training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Financial Network. Our community is ready to answer.