American Financial Network Employee Reviews

Typical mortgage officer
Transitional Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 29, 2017
A typical mortgage loan officer where you go look for your own clients and try to prequalify. No help from the company with leads or anything. Full commission based
This Industry isn't for everyone but this company might change your mind
Junior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 13, 2017
I've worked at AFN for 10 months and I have never been so happy and comfortable in my professional environment. Everyone is helpful and always willing to teach you new things. We all support each other and we're like a family. It's great to have such a comfortable environment to come to every day. Where you're taken seriously and not micro-managed.
Pros
No micromanagement, competitive pay, amazing coworkers
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Bank Processor
Bank Processor - FHA (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 4, 2017
Knowledge of All aspects of the mortgage business based on Federal, State and Local laws.
Originated all types of loans for bank submission
Packaged and organized clients for home purchase or refinance
Efficient on FHA, VA, Conventional, Sub-Prime Non QM
Construction to Perm Specialist
Great Place to Advance Career
SENIOR LOAN OFFICER-RICHARD CAMP (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2017
great place to work! Managment is always helpful. Fun work environment. Beautiful Office in the heart of Plano. They put their clients first. Trusted advisors.
Worst Mortgage Company In My 20 Years of Experience
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 23, 2017
I have been in the mortgage industry for over 20 years and never worked for such a horrible company. They provide you with a week of training, however, you learn nothing about their operating system or work flow/process. Management is extremely unhelpful and you are made to feel demeaned if you simply ask a question. You are immediately thrown to the wolves and expected to know how to do your job yet you are given no support. If you make a mistake (and you will if you're human), even if that mistake is due to lack of upper management support, you will take complete blame and pay dearly. It takes one year just to accrue three days off so I hope you don't have a family you care about. You will work over time, have LO's dictate your day, and you have no choice but to comply. From day one they set you up to fail and you are left feeling like you have no credibility though you have done the job for years and done it well. They are by far the most unprofessional, unrealistic, manipulative company for which you could ever work. They preach teamwork but will only hang you out to dry. Stay away from AFN.
get to work from home
Senior Loan Processor Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 23, 2017
I like this company because my manager offer me to work from home. There's benefits but they do not pay out your sick time. I lost my sick hours. I didn't get paid out when they laid me off. A bit disappointed.
Easy place to work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2017
Not enough support for loan officers. I have to pay for my own leads and generate 100% of my business. That would be fine if that was the way it was presented to me in the beginning.
Pros
Its a great company
Cons
No support on leads
Constantly working
Jr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  AnywhereAugust 21, 2017
You constantly work even off clock and you are expected to generate your own leads. For a Rookie going into the business I would recommend that you find a place that is willing to really train you and that would generate leads for you while you sit a desk.
Pros
Possibility of working from home
Cons
Micro-managed, always working and never really any down time with family
Unrepresentative Sample
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 3, 2017
I would prefer not to delve too deeply into my experience with AFN, as it is not the standard experience associates may have. If it was a representative sample, I would be more than happy to.
Very Anglo-Saxan Friendly
Assistant Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJuly 14, 2017
Being a minority at the office, especially the Chino Hills office was tough since I was singled out often and the culture was a bit too relaxed at times. There are times when it was very fun and other times I had to bite my tongue since I didn't want to alienate myself just because I was tired of being called constant racist monikers. Such is life in that part of town, though.
Pros
Learning the trade
Cons
Just about everything else.
Growing established company
Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 23, 2017
Okay work experience. Best part of it was snack time when they would bring a cart around the office with snacks, and they had a kitchen stacked with a few goddies.
They couldn't close a door
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 30, 2017
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Shame on me I gave these knuckleheads a 2nd chance. Underwriting, management, pricing, just awful. They tell you to go out and get realtors to trust you with their pay checks and then every chance they get they mess up your loan.
Pros
None I can see
Cons
The fact they're allowed to be in business
Great Company
Sr. Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 24, 2017
Recent employee to new to leave a review. However I will leave a comment after time tells me more, etc.
However the CRM system seems good with the marketing.
Pros
employment
Cons
leads are not provided
Loan processor
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 8, 2017
At afn I worked on disclosing initial loan disclosures, I trained others on this as well. I was then promoted to working on set up and submission, taking disclosures that were sent back to us and setting up the file (I.E. Ordering docs, setting up the file...Etc...) I would also adjust the loan info and loan amount to get the file ready for submission and I would submit it to be approved
Pros
Loan processing
Cons
Pay
Great company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 7, 2017
The people here are great to work with. It is definitely a family atmosphere. Very flexible when it comes to work life balance. Commission structure is very competitive.
Great Place to Work
Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work and a fun environment. The people are very friendly. The workplace culture is awesome. The only downside no vending machines in the building.
Not a great company to work for.
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 21, 2016
This company will hire you and tell you that they will give a salary increase after 90days. Once the 90days are up they wont follow up you have to remind them and once they give it to you the manager will tell you that the company does not give raises and that they could possibly review you within 1 year for another salary increase. They do not provide the training needed yet they will come back and tell you that you did the work wrong and also if you get any fees applied by the investor to the loan it could affect your bonus. They expect you to be able to handle a pipeline of over 200 loans at a time and still follow up on conditions from other departments and if you have fees applied by the investor of over a certain amount a month that will disqualify you from obtaining bonus. NOT A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
Do not work here
Human Resources Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 25, 2016
If you want a family orientated company than yes this a great company to work for, but the insurance is not great and very very expensive, its not about the experience you have its about who you know, and you cant even trust to go to Human Resource boss because you will feel she cant be trusted. I highly recommend you work for a branch if possible.
Pros
They seem to be family orientated
Cons
This company is what who you know, not what you know.
Review of AFN
Collateral Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJune 14, 2016
My review is that the owners of the company are very professional, the management and HR dept. was very difficult to communicate with.
Pros
close to our home
Cons
HR was not organized
A great place to start
Processor (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAApril 7, 2016
A great mortgage company to learn the basics and serve as a stepping stone into larger mortgage companies. Great work atmosphere and decent pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Financial Network. Our community is ready to answer.