American Financial Resources, Inc. Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Remote DE Underwriter/SAR Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 24, 2019
excellent place to work. great management team and training. Good competitive salary and benefits. Would recommend to anyone. Very knowledgeable staff
February 27, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your time in sharing your experiences.

Great overall company!
Loan Setup Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 21, 2019
The AZ Branch was the best. Managers and coworkers as well as c-suite managers very helpful.

My concern was training was a month at roughly 3-4hrs a piece. I was trained remotely from NJ office. Offered to work their schedule for the training aspekt however was turned down.. everyone works 0900-1800. With that disadvantage I still greatly admired my local coworkers and local management. Another concern was remote manager. Very bright and caring person. Just didnt seem to grasp timezone differences well or so the impression I got. NJ is 2-3hrs depending on season ahead of AZ. I was at a disadvantage from the getgo as the manager would progresscheck her team. Being from AZ made it appear as if I didnt completely finish my tasks. Though I couldnt stay later nor come in earlier to take care of business. Everyone from that department worked 0900-1800.

Despite all of this, I love the company! I would work there still were I not laid off... though would be working my way to IT department. Coworkers were like family! Managers were helpful and there when you had questions or needed clarification. Truly was warm environment.

Job detail in a nutshell: Trained only on FHA at the time.
Work through loans ensuring proper documentation was included and properly filled out according to FHA guidelines. Were some documentation missing or incomplete I would contact the LO to get the missing documents. Upon completion I would sent the loan to the next step in the process. Easy peasy!

Though the toughest part was that the LOs were sometimes busy and phonetag was an oft played game
  more... or things from clients would take awhile to get. Such is life though! Nothing negative there! The fun was in talking to the people and establisching rapport!  less
January 29, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences. We do take all feedback into consideration as it helps us to continue to enhance and refine our processes and management. Thank you for sharing and we wish you the best of luck in the future.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

good company to work for
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 2, 2019
Hectic workplace which is normal for a mortgage company. I had daily interaction with customers both outside and inside the company. Management was always responsive to questions and were always available
Pros
work from home
January 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the contributions you have made and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Wholesale Account Executive
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 27, 2018
This was a national position focusing on 203K and renovation loans. There was no client base and clients that were in your city and doing business with AFR were not given to local representatives.
January 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

No commet
Senior Mortgage Processor / Level (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 30, 2018
No comment, I have nothing to comment and am filling this in so I can continue through the site and secure employment. This requirement is ridiculous.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Poorly managed
UW (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 23, 2018
Skills and hard work mean nothing, loyalty wins. Fake management, all about the numbers, no effective training, no structure - processes all different. Makes for a stressful work environment.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We do take the feedback that is shared with us in serious consideration in order to continue to improve our processes, culture and management. Your feedback helps us continue to do that and we appreciate your time in sharing it.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

AFR doesnot care about their employees. they never gave me a raise in the 5 years is was there but kept giving more responsibility for my position.
MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER/PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 22, 2018
AFR doe not care about their employees. They never gave me a raise in the 5 years is was there but kept giving more responsibility for my position. Nothing more to say about this company. They are a disgrace to the mortgage industry.
Pros
work from home
Cons
AFR doe not care about their employees
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I would love the opportunity to speak to you to discuss your experience with AFR. My door, phone and email are always open so please reach out to me so that we can ensure your concerns are addressed. We appreciate your contributions to the company.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

productive and with a play room
Post Closing Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 13, 2018
AFR has potential to be a great place to work at, if management be more under control. Some manager didn't take job to serious and others took job extremely serious.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the information that you have shared and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

Decent pay but lack of culture
Processor II (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2018
I was one of the few "long term" employees having been employed for over 2 years. Unfortunately the management was uninvolved and the culture was nonexistent. You were supposed to do your work and not speak to anyone. The pay was decent but I was also able to find better pay elsewhere and went to a company were the employees were appreciated. The CEO and his son are a joke, as most people in the business know.
September 10, 2018

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences with us and the contributions you’ve made to the company and wish you the best in your future ventures.

Great atmosphere!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 28, 2018
Friendly workplace with understanding management. It's easy to show up to work each day when you know what your responsibilities are and have a good team.
Pros
Co-workers
August 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Working with great people does make a difference and we value our team members who make AFR a great place to work. We look forward to our continued success and appreciate your time in sharing your experience.

Love it here!
Processor (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 14, 2018
Great people, love the environment. I actually enjoy going to work everyday and working with the people in my group. Management is encouraging and provides support to our team. We do fun themed lunches and potlucks. Great place to be.
Pros
The team and the management
August 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage team work and innovation at AFR and maintain an open-door environment for our team members. Thank you for spending a few minutes of your time to sharing your experience with us and thank you for your contributions to our team!

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

Fun workplace with good people!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 7, 2018
AFR is a great workplace filled with friendly co-workers. One of the most important things as an employee for me is the work environment (being treated as an adult, with respect, etc.) and this has surpassed my expectations. Whenever you are offered a position and accept, you usually know what you're signing up for in regards to the work... other than that, you don't usually know what you're walking into as far as personality ... I'm grateful to be with a great group!
Pros
Close to home, friendly environment, management
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Team work and strong relationships between team members and management are one of the many things that make AFR successful. Our team members are the backbone of what we do. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us, we appreciate your contributions to our great team!

A Great Family Company and a Great Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 7, 2018
The environment is collaborative and team oriented and thinking outside of the box is encourages. Open door policy and access to all management levels including partners is great. You have opportunity to contribute and be noticed for it. Great place to work and happy to still be part of the team.
Pros
Great people and management.
Cons
Benefits but they seem to be the same everywhere.
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. AFR does strive to maintain an open-door environment. Ingenuity is acknowledged and encouraged as well as collaboration with others. From creating new process flows, to refining our technology and customer service, collaboration and ingenuity are key. Thank you for taking the time to share your views and for your contributions to the team.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

Great place to get into the industry
RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 26, 2018
Offered step up positions and decent management on site. Worked with people to balance home and work. Good compensation. Offsite higher management made pooor decisions leading to huge layoffs.
August 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. AFR focuses on providing opportunities for our team members via career paths and development. As a result, we have a team of highly skilled and trained team members ensuring that we continue to offer top notch service to both our clients and our team members. Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience, we wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors.

Summary of my day
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 5, 2018
My day consist of:
Job workflow of employees
Delegating work for vacations/high volume workload
Training employees on updated procedures
Resolve Closing, Processing issues
Job reviews
Meetings
Approving time sheets & vacations
Review of employee monthly bonuses
Client satisfaction
Pros
Bagle Fridays
Cons
Health Insurance is high
July 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the contributions that our team members make as we continue to refine and improve our efficiencies. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

very close knit
Post-Closing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 11, 2018
everyone is very nice. very cut throat. if they think you are not producing enough you will get replaced and laid off quick. my manager was very nice.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everyone is very replacable
June 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. AFR provides and supports a team and family-oriented environment at all levels of management. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed working with your manager and colleagues, and we appreciate the contributions you have made to the team.

Professional and supportive management
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJFebruary 13, 2018
Process loans assigned to me by management. Learned about the LOS platform they used at the time. Management was very supportive and will guide you through the process. co workers were very professional and ready to assist you for whatever reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job is not having to deal with traffic going to work since the job is telecommuting. The hardest part of the job was navigating their customized LOS system. Their LOS system at the time was not the standard LOS system used in the mortgage industry. Management will provide you all the support needed to successfully function as a loan processor. Team meetings for guidelines updates are a common occurrence. Coordination among team members and support for the team is common. Co workers are ready to assist in whatever capacity they can.
Pros
work from home
Cons
customized LOS
February 20, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with AFR with us and appreciate your contributions. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Corey Dubnoff

Unsecure place to work
Customer Client Representative/ LP1 (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 18, 2018
It was a good company other than the management was not very professional and talk about an employee personal information with another employee. IT was not a secure job you never knew what day would be your last.
Pros
free lunch and department fun
Cons
healthcare
January 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. AFR does provide an open-door environment and we encourage all team members to share their questions and concerns with us. I am disappointed to hear you did not reach out to discuss the issues that you had concerns with when you were with us. However, we do appreciate your contributions and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

management
Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 15, 2018
This had to be one of the best companies I've ever worked for. The management team always wanted you to do whatever you could to move up and improve yourself. They were always very positive.
Pros
free lunches when in office, able to work from home
Cons
healthcare
January 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you have shared your experience at AFR with us, and we also appreciate your contributions to the team. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

Fun place to work with great people.
Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 3, 2018
American Financial Resources d/b/a eLEND was great experience for me, and an even better place to work. The people excepting and always willing to lend a helping hand. I had no intention on leaving, but, unfortunately due to recent layoffs from decline in business, I was cut from the team. There are no hard feelings. If opportunity arose, I'd go back, as well as recommend this company as a great place for others to work. Everyday was a new day with very little stress. A typical day at the office consisted team building activities to ensure for a more productive work day. I, myself, learned the ins and outs of the beginning and conclusion of a loan. Management's door was always open, and was never "too busy" to help, from your direct Team Lead to top Office Manger of the branch. Not that there was many, but the hardest part of the job, for me, was learning something new week-to-week. There was always something new that was implemented. It was trial and error. Sometimes it was useful, other time, not so much. But, I think, that's what helped us learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of the job was being happy about going into the office because you enjoy the people you work with.
Pros
Free lunches often
Cons
Healthcare coverage could've been better
January 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you have shared the experience you had with the AFR/eLEND Team and we will continue to strive to ensure our management and processes are efficient, collaborative and supportive of our team members. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Corey Dubnoff, CAO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Financial Resources, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

American Financial Resources, Inc. Reviews by Location