American First Finance Employee Reviews

Very productive and enjoyable place to work
Payment Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I felt very appreciated at this company. The benefits were amazing and so was the pay. I wouldn’t mind working for this company again
Pros
Benefits, pay, luncheons, etc
Cons
Na
Not a terrible place, but neither a great one also
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2018
My time at AFF was filled with the knowledge that bad management and an inability to properly educate and train employees will lead to a negative work experience.

Supervisors are constantly missing or gossiping when they should be assisting their team members. Gossip and rumors can turn into investigations that don’t turn up any useful information. Managers, supervisors and team leads can ruin your career advancement by making up reasons to have you written up and prevent lateral or vertical job promotions. Management is unwilling or unable to actively help its own employees outside of very specific circumstances.

They will not pay you more money for added responsibilities and an increase in job duties in your current job title. Voicing your opinions and suggestions is not encouraged since they will tell you to put them in a suggestion box. And overall disciplinary actions vary by supervisor. Some write you up for whatever reason they see fit, others actually want to rectify the situation without the need of write ups or punishments.

Job culture is pretty lacking and aside from the usual spirit week event or the monthly “employee of the month meetings” not much else goes on in AFF. Phones are prohibited and doing anything other than what a supervisor or team lead tells you will usually lead to disciplinary actions or “coaching” as they call it.

Balancing work and your personal life can be very difficult if you work the shifts that start later in the afternoon (1pm to 10 pm) and some managers and supervisors will cooperate with you if you need a day off or have
  more... a day that you need to be off work for family functions or as simple as a mental health day. You're late if you don’t clock in within 10 minutes of your scheduled clock in time and any absences or late clock ins are treated as points. No exceptions. Build too many of these up and you can’t miss work for 90 days or they will suspend you pending an investigation to see whether you will be fired or not. If you’re sick and have a written note from the doctor stating you CAN NOT be at work they will still count those days you CAN NOT be at work against you.

Now onto the good things, great benefits which include dental, venison and health insurance as well as disability. They cover 90% of the insurance premiums which is amazing.
Their bonus structure rewards hard work and a willingness to apply yourself to become more proficient at your job. Some team leads are better than your average supervisor which really helps if you’re in a tight spot and need assistance.

Parking is always full but here’s never a lack of parking spaces. Lots of restaurants around the building but also terrible amounts of traffic during lunch time hours. Building has roving security officers and they will escort you to your car if you request it later on at night.

On site gym that requires key card access from your employer. Gym is very simple and really only has 4 treadmills, a dumbbell set and a cable machine that can be configured for different muscle groups. Gym bathrooms have showers a lockers with no locks. On the weekends key card acces is required to get inside the building so security is light but restrictive.

The break rooms are simple with the exception of the newest break room that has a pool/ping pong table, foosball table, and 60 inch tv’s that always seem to play BET channels. Refrigerators and a Starbucks coffee machine. Be careful with your lunch in the break rooms because even with cameras the lunches get stolen. Vending machines have a nice selection of snack items and they get constantly replenished.

All things considered, if you have worked at a call center before and are used to that kind of work then American First Finance will be a good fit for your job experience. If you get your work done, stay on the phone and do exactly as you’re told and instructed to do so the you will probably enjoy your time at American First Finance and eventually either find the opportunity to seek employment at another department or team. Or you will find another, more profitable job and use the experience gained at American First Finance to promote your personal career growth in the customer service field with slight financing knowledge.
Pros
Great benefits, stable bonus structure
Cons
Bad management, favoritism, micromanaging, no raises
Fun place
AFF Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2018
Fun break room. Monthly catered lunches. Good benefits. Casual dresscode. New company, but growing really fast. Lots of opportunities to advance.
Pros
New hire lunch with leadership team, 3 weeks of new hire training
Cons
Not a lot of lunch locations nearby
break room
COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2018
break room is nice. managers are not helpful would rather be sitting around gossiping about employees that either got fired or quit. Team leads are much more helpful. The job growth within is ridiculous the only way to move up is if you know somebody but will not be moved up for your hard work done.
productive workplace
Special Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2018
President of the company is an amazing man to work for. The most humble, and caring man. Truly cares for his employes and is there for them when needed.
Pros
monthly catered lunches
Cons
promotion opportunities and experienced supervisors
Fun work environment
Payment Solution Specialist (Collections) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
It’s a very nice and fun work environment it’s really slow at times but over all with the core it’s very fun but time goes really slow and hard to advance when it comes to getting another position
Pros
Hr lunch
Cons
New company with great oppurtunity for growth, but is experiencing growth pains
Sr Corporate trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 7, 2018
Get in now if you can endure the stress. future opportunity is great. They have GREAT medical benefits and the company pays 90% of the premiums. Bonus are unlimited and growing.
Pros
Excellent Benefits package
Cons
Stressful environment exacerbated by management and faveritisim.
Last place to work!
Customer Service Representative/Collections (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here unless you just really need a job! They DO NOT care about their employees! The work environment is cool/laid back, but the upper management treats their employees like they do not care! I honestly think the good reviews they do have on here came from the management because everyone knows this place is full of it! It’s a new company and if they keep treating their employees like they do, they will be a memory!!!
Pros
They feed you once a month
Cons
Pay, no room for advancement, rude boss
Great place to work. Great Benefits, Employees, and Management.
Operations Admin Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2017
Great company to work for. I look forward to reporting to work every morning. "Servant Leadership" is what comes to mind when I think about the management. By far the best company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Great benefits, Great culture, Onsite Gym, Onsite Cafeteria
Great Culture, Great Leaders and Super Growth
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2017
This is a great place to work - it is fast paced and ever changing - the growth is tremendous. The culture is great, open and honest and we get to dress casual - all the time!
Great Place to Grow a Career
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
Best healthcare benefits premiums and compensation package I've ever seen at any call center. The office is in a great location and employees have access to a gym and lounge right on site. Plenty of opportunity for growth in the company.
Pros
Healthcare benefits premiums are low, flexible working hours, opportunity for advancement, fun and positive environment
Cons
None: AFF has made me fully content in my career
asddvadvgcfgve
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2016
Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow on the job. The management cares greatly about the quality of the job as well as the work life of the employees
Unprofessional
Underwriter / Dealer Supposrt (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2016
The work place is very unprofessional and unorganized. The one week training class for this job was pointless because none of it made any since. You would really be learning as you go once you get on the floor. However, I did love the job that I was doing once I learned the business. The management team was very unpleasant, dishonest, and made differences based off your gender identity. The team I worked on was very close knit because we all started together and helped train each other. The hardest part of the job was getting help from management and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to be a underwriter and having a great team to work with.
Good People
Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2015
This is a start up company that opened in 2013. So far has been a great place to work. Not only has it provided me with an income, I have also gained experience that I can use in the finance world. I love the people I work with, it is more like a family. The only thing I can say negative is the parking. I hate the fact that birds use the restroom on my car.
Pros
great people, great start to help jump start a career
Cons
pay is okay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American First Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about