American Fish & Seafood, Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Quick-paced industry, fun sales team, great work environment!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 24, 2018
The office at American Fish and Seafood is full of high-energy salesmen who are extremely knowledgeable on the products. The management is quick to provide employees with the proper tools to be successful, and that's a breath of fresh air!
I can see how this industry may not be a good fit for a more sensitive personality due to the extremely fast-paced business environment, and sometimes blunt communication style; however, as someone with over 15 years working in a manufacturing environment, it's a perfect fit. I look forward to coming to work!
Pros
Seafood lunches cooked by staff Chefs! Open communication.
Cons
Sometimes loud sales office
No one ever leaves here
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 4, 2018
If you get hired, you'll never leave. There are so many long term employees here to help coach and encourage newbies.
The boss expects a lot but he'll do anything he can to help you succeed.
Good discounts on the best fish and seafood.
Pros
Family atmosphere. Co workers are supportive and helpful.
Cons
Pressure to meet goals and deadlines. Pretty typical.
Scary place
Temp (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNOctober 3, 2017
Work as temp employee. Never really told how things work just get in truck and go. Mgr knows little and pays no attention to me since Im a temp. People are unfriendly especially salespersons who get mad if you do anything wrong cause no training provided.
Pros
Get a discount
Cons
Everything else
unprofessional office staff
interview (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 15, 2017
I had an interview at American Fish and Seafood in Minnetonka in late January for a position. When I arrived I was asked to fill out a paper application I then gave my paper application to the receptionist, A few minutes later I looked out door of the conference room and I see 3 office staff from American Fish and Seafood reading the application I just filled out. Unbelievable!!

I wish I would have filmed it on my phone so that I could show it to the interviewer so that he could see my confidential information read by his office staff.
Cons
dirty office, personal information not kept confidential obviously

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Fish & Seafood, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4