American Food & Vending Corporation Employee Reviews

Standard cafeteria style service
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
If you need a job it's an okay job to work but if you care about your character,if you care about being demonized underappreciated and working in a professional environment than this isn't the job for you. if you're looking for someone to teach show and grow you this is not the job for you.

the expectations are set very high and you are expected to follow them with no example with no Guide and no training.

And recipes suck
Pros
The pay
Cons
Poor training...poor management. Understaffed. Unprofessional.
Fast paced with little or no down time.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 10, 2018
Poor management. No chance for advancement at all. Favoritism across the board. No action ever taken from HR. Not a diverse workplace. Very few men or people of color work there. No time for breaks. Not given adequate time to finish tasks but being pushed to do more. Always cutting hours but expect you to stay and finish without paying you for the hours you were there. Your working in an outdated factory. So it's very hot and stuffy at times with temps around 95 degrees. The uniforms are uncomfortable and hot. It's a cafeteria but you're serving food from frozen or canned so this job is not for a serious minded front of house professional.
Pros
Free lunch paid time off for FT employees
Cons
Terribly managed. No breaks. Doesn't pay you for hours not schefuled.
Typical work day
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Herkimer, NYJune 19, 2018
I arrive at work with uniform in hand. After getting dressed in uniform I walk out to the line and prepared for service. I use good customer service and treat each customer with respect.
Pros
Good staff members
Cons
uneven service speeds
they don't pay
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  DFW airportJune 15, 2018
BEWARE of unprofessional staff interviewing you and then telling you at end of day....just seeing if you like it, on clock but do not intend to pay you for your work.
Pros
liars
Cons
more liars
not a good place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  McelhattenJune 8, 2018
not much training,expected to do many jobs at one time plus wait on customers,poor management,always seem to be a shortage of food to serve. No regular reviews,pay raises,free lunch provided but some days no break to eat lunch..would schedule you for 9-10 days straight but make sure you never got 40 hours a week.Management would never work weekends,sometimes let one person alone to work at night with no help. co workers were nice,my advice just DON'T!!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short or no breaks, very few benefits
Very intimidating place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 9, 2018
you are constantly made to feel as though you are beneath managers and you have no input. Due to the volume of work and the uncomfortable environment there is alot of turnover
Pros
There were some great people & Managers
Cons
Very hostile work environment
Not the best environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 7, 2018
Management does not communicate with one another or with staff. Yearly evaluations are almost never done. If a manager is producing higher sales, they are not reprimanded for anything ever. They are allowed to run wild. Higher level management pretends to care, but offers no follow through. The lower level employees are not valued. All in all, not a great working environment.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
only one break- unpaid through 10+ hour shift, no proper management
typical corporate setting
Chef/Caterer (Former Employee) –  binghamton nyApril 17, 2018
its a great place to learn. you will deal with most atypical corporate cultures. great for high school kids and felons. a neat thing about this job is seeing the sports teams and concerts
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MO 63640April 10, 2018
Its an excellent place to work, if you can work in a fast paced environment. You have very few co-workers to help get Jobs done in the amount of time you have.
Unprofessional
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYMarch 31, 2018
The management at this facility is strictly unprofessional. They don’t care about their staff and they talk about them behind their backs. They don’t care when it’s winter time and people have trouble getting to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor management
Great company to work for!
Vending Machine Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tremont, PAFebruary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for American Food. My supervisor was always available if I had any problems. Very easy to work for. I was pretty much allowed to make my own hours.
Pros
free lunch
Job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INFebruary 21, 2018
come in and start making all breakfast food for steam table. If catering I started what I need for the function and as time gets close I had to make sure all decorations was packed and ready to be put together.
my job
Cook/ prep (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOFebruary 1, 2018
I love my job but unfortunately there will be another company taking over. one a daily basis I take care of 350 or more employees. waiting on them is the best part of job and looking for a different job is the worst part of the days. I work with a laidback group of girls. its never a dull moment and our company is the best I have worked for yet.
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
half hour lunch
Good work environment
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Friendly people, lenient work schedule, not very competitive pay. I enjoyed my time at american food and vending and if they had more competitive pay I'd consider trying to advance in the company.
Cafe's in factories
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewistown, PAJanuary 21, 2018
As manager I would do all the inventory, orderingan paperwork for the week. i also had to do all the cooking. Because it was in a factory and thats all the was served I was everything.
Lack of Experience
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2018
They use the experience of good relief managers to do all the work and still pay the ones that limp along and do bad job just to keep staff. Bad communication all around from top to bottom!
Pros
Not much
Cons
Bad upper Management and IT department
I love this company
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOJanuary 14, 2018
Had we not lost the bid for Centene, I'd never even be looking for another job. My boss is irreplaceable, my crew is more like family than coworkers, and I can't imagine working with a better team.
Vending Machine Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Run, run far, far away! They do not treat their employee's very well. You will get very little training if any, so be prepared to hit the ground running.
Pros
Cons
No job security, running joke was most would not survive 6 months
A good place to be
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYJanuary 10, 2018
American Food and Vending is a good company to work for. Each kitchen is different and benefits vary per company but the opportunity exists to travel a bit and work under a few different situations.
Great pay yet overwhelming.
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 8, 2018
Working 80+ hours a week filling vending machines non stop. Driving a big box truck. Loading all your own product into the truck in the middle of the night in the cold. It makes sense that the pay was high but not high enough to consume my life.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No balance between work and life because of work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Food & Vending Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.