American Freight Furniture and Mattress Employee Reviews

Not a good place to advance in your career or keep a job for very long. Co workers are cool. But definently not the Sales team.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2019
0 stars if I could do that. Dont work for them! You are waisting your time on a job that doesnt pay well. And that doesnt recognize what youve done before and the quality of work that you can provide. And because Arizona is a Right to Work state. They dont have to tell you why they chose to let you go except for because they can.
Pros
Cool Co workers.
Cons
Bad managment, no career advancements, easy to lose your job for no given reason.
Not fun very hot and management is horrible
Manager/Salesman (Former Employee) –  GADecember 28, 2018
This place was good at first but after realizing I worked for a drug addicted regional manager that had unrealistic expectations and seemed racist I had to leave.
Pros
You learn transferable skills
Cons
No one cares
I sub contracted deliveries
sub contracter (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 24, 2018
The job was very difficult due to lack of pay which in the long run I never had gas or cash to spare for anything I needed outside of work. I was paid for each delivery which were very few then blamed for everything that went wrong somehow so I quit.
Cons
Not s good place to work if you need to balance a family life
Manager/ sales (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 19, 2018
High paced cut throat company where if you are a well driven individual and single with no other obligations, you can advance within the company. Not for a family oriented person
Pros
Cons
Very little flexibility
It's ok I guess
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNOctober 7, 2018
It's a great job to have if u have no kids and nothing else to do... Very long hours but if u work hard and listen ur paycheck will show it. And make sure u clean at the end of the night so things aren't so frustrating in the morning.
Pros
About 50% discount after 3 months
Cons
Have to work weekends
American freight
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, OHSeptember 11, 2018
American freight is a good job to have if you are prepared to work for your money it is a straight commission based job which at sometimes becomes cut throat but the more time you out into the job the more likely you are to make more money.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and is mandatory weekends with
American freight is a great company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 10, 2018
This company is a fast growing company but it strives of seasons in the year fall and winter the sales lower by the time february the company is back to its normal businees. I am looking for another job to maintain personal and family expenses for the time I am not at american freight where I have a flexible schedule and awsome work friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of hours fall and winter due to business slow down
Fast paced work enviorment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work! This is a wonderful company with a great atmosphere. They definitely push you to maximize your career.
the Regional Managers are hands on with your growth.
Pros
Pay
It was a fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 4, 2018
I had to unload company shipment truck on delivery days, I kept all of the boxed furniture in numerical order and cleaned the warhouse, I also had to load and unload customer vehicles
Pros
Discount on furniture
Cons
No paid lunch
Job life is not for anyone with a family life style
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2018
Could be a great job for the correct person that does not have or want to have a family life. Pay is good during tax time but not worth it during the rest of the year.
Pros
Could make good money
Cons
No real training by manager. Tickets (your paycheck) can be taken without a way to be tracked, spend 9+ hours a day no real lunch break. Manager don't lead by example
Basic day at work
Accounts Payable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 16, 2018
The company went through ownership changes. I was there for about 6 years. The new management brought in outside people instead of promoting within.
The day consisted of working on invoices that were due for payment within a 10, 15, and 30 day time limit.
I would also be involved in monthly accruals which were directed by the finance manager.
Pros
Working with the store managers to solve issues.
Cons
Managers that do not utilize employees experience.
Seasonal job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 3, 2018
It was a physical job as far as lifting furniture, using hand cars to move furniture, organizing the whole warehouse. Also keeping the warehouse clean.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Seasonal
It was a great journey I had while I was there
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHJuly 31, 2018
It was a great expercience for me at American frieght because of the skiIl i encountered while I attended there and it really helped me in the long run
Pros
very beneficial
Cons
labor
Fun place to work for i got alot of experience and would work there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 26, 2018
I would recommend people to shop and work there great environments i would work there again i leaened alot of different kinds of mattress and there quantity
Overworked
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Penn Hills, PAJuly 23, 2018
Management was always pressured and overworked as well as the staff. The conditions of the building were far from acceptable with no heat or ac concrete floors and no lunch areas this job was the worst in that nature. The best part about working here was the people I worked with
Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2018
Good pay very competitive working atmosphere very professional atmosphere if you are good with people great place to work for as far is the warehouse is concerned you can work out for free by jus doing your daily tasks
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees, offering them the opportunity of promotions and reviews in the compensation, provides training in relation to industrial safety and other associated to the tasks of the position.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Short brakes
N/a
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 8, 2018
it was always something wrong with the store whether it was a water fountain messing up to bathrooms flooding or customers returning merchandise and not being dealt with properly.
Sloppy Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOJuly 4, 2018
They don’t care about their people and they use you till you’re no longer convenient for them. They pay you next to nothing unless you hit your commission goal to work in a hot metal building that floods. Their merchandise gets destroyed and mold growth occurs constantly from the indoor flooding. I was doing sales, warranty claims, HR and managerial tasks for my store manager, and more. I even promoted the store on my personal & business Facebook accounts. Less than minimum wage for he work I did. If you want stability and job security this is not the place to work. There is in fact opportunity to make money and advance to higher positions... if you want the headache that goes along with it.
Pros
Awesome coworkers & opportunity for advancement
Cons
Work for next to nothing & get used by the company
Corporate sounded great at first...
Corporate Staff (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 26, 2018
No chance of advancement.
Seniority does not make a difference- you never get valid raises.
Insurance was a joke.
HR is a nightmare and so is doing the payroll- no breaks from that- even on holidays and don't even get me started on holidays there aka they don't exist.

Corporate is not what it's cracked up to be. Be prepared for some crazy phone calls and even crazier people at the corporate office... I have been told by a long time employee that they have gone the direction of hiring temps and that there is no such thing as job security there now. Lots of mystery firings.
Pros
Cons
Slave Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Freight Furniture and Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight