American Freight Furniture and Mattress Employee Reviews

Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2018
Good pay very competitive working atmosphere very professional atmosphere if you are good with people great place to work for as far is the warehouse is concerned you can work out for free by jus doing your daily tasks
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
Stable company that guarantees the permanence of its employees, offering them the opportunity of promotions and reviews in the compensation, provides training in relation to industrial safety and other associated to the tasks of the position.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Short brakes
Sloppy Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOJuly 4, 2018
They don’t care about their people and they use you till you’re no longer convenient for them. They pay you next to nothing unless you hit your commission goal to work in a hot metal building that floods. Their merchandise gets destroyed and mold growth occurs constantly from the indoor flooding. I was doing sales, warranty claims, HR and managerial tasks for my store manager, and more. I even promoted the store on my personal & business Facebook accounts. Less than minimum wage for he work I did. If you want stability and job security this is not the place to work. There is in fact opportunity to make money and advance to higher positions... if you want the headache that goes along with it.
Pros
Awesome coworkers & opportunity for advancement
Cons
Work for next to nothing & get used by the company
Corporate sounded great at first...
Corporate Staff (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 26, 2018
No chance of advancement.
Seniority does not make a difference- you never get valid raises.
Insurance was a joke.
HR is a nightmare and so is doing the payroll- no breaks from that- even on holidays and don't even get me started on holidays there aka they don't exist.

Corporate is not what it's cracked up to be. Be prepared for some crazy phone calls and even crazier people at the corporate office... I have been told by a long time employee that they have gone the direction of hiring temps and that there is no such thing as job security there now. Lots of mystery firings.
Pros
Cons
Slave Work
Upsetting Place to Work
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 20, 2018
Very conservative work environment with catty staff and employees who gossip all day. An open office with no privacy to make a phone call, and very strict 30 minute lunches. There is no sick time, 401k, or vacation. People come to work sick a LOT, and it's pretty gross. Company-wide, there are hard workers who do all the work, and bullies who take the credit. Those bullies then seem to become the management.

While my specific manager was a good guy, the higher management was aggressive, sexist, sales-y, and unprofessional. As far as creative jobs go, this isn't one. You will be directed exactly what to do, only after various inefficient meetings and emails where nothing is accomplished. Most, if not all, new ideas are considered to be insubordinate. Customer service doesn't occur once they have received payment, and employees who put the customer first get disciplined for not protecting the company and the bottom line.

Warehouses don't have AC or heat. They are inhumane environments, not only to work, but to shop. You just feel bad for the people working in the stores, especially as commission only. They are trained to lie and do anything for a sale. They sell items that have already been purchased, and lie to both customers to get both sales. If inventory or other problems arise because of this, they blame manufacturers, delivery, or anyone they can point the finger at to keep the money and not take blame. They claim not to do this externally. If asked internally about it, they say everyone does this and it is normal. I really don't think that's true...
Pros
Group Health Insurance at corporate level, hire military veterans
Cons
Unprofessional, dishonest, low pay, inhumane working environments, inflexible, no time off or 401K
Working at AF
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHJune 18, 2018
I have been with the company for a short time and I moved up fast however they don't really work with you if you are new and need medical time of nor do work with family time.
Fun place to work, co workers are excellent to work with
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 15, 2018
Great place to work. Management is great. Hard word until you get use to it. Everyone gets along well. We work as a team to get the work done. When unloading trucks everyone step in to help out. Great job if you don’t mind working in the heat.
Pros
Give raises, take on the clock breaks
Fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 14, 2018
Easiest job I ever had! You have to have alot of physical strength to work there. The cowokers and managers got along great! The most enjoyable part of the job is that sometimes they would buy us lunch.
Pros
sometimes free lunches
Cons
constantly busy
Never again
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJune 14, 2018
Their furniture is cheaply made and they don't care about the employees at all. ALl they care about is the bottom line and the almighty dollar. This company is eventually going under
limited work life balance
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJune 11, 2018
good sales training,few perks,limited work life balance good
managers generally. this company is focused on sales but
could care less about getting any input from people in the trenches
who might be able to give insight about merchandise or the
vagaries of local markets or local preferences.
Pros
good deals on furniture bedding
Cons
no air conditioning, limited marketing and advertising support
Decent company horrible manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 29, 2018
Decent environment, but the manager is a bully, mocks you, talks at you and raises his voice at you. Very high. But the HR department called me and they listened to me. I've done this for 33 years. Never experience something like this.
Pros
Decent company.
Cons
The store manager at Albuquerque
Nice work environment, very good job for young people
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 22, 2018
American freight will give its employees the necessary tools to move up within the company and other companies as well. Working there was a very good learning experience for me.
Commisson based sales
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2018
make as much as you can sell. Create your own paycheck. The company is ran in a way that is more about who you know than what you can do. Upper management is never truly comfortable in their role or security of job.
Decent place
Sales (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 11, 2018
Good place to make money if you don't have a gf or bf or kids. Hours are good pay is good as well as the work environment. Have to be a go getter to advance in this job.
Pros
Good hours and pay rate
American Freight
Warehouse Assembler (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace without being micromanaged. I disliked the lack of organization the most. The workplace culture was friendly and inviting.
Pros
Fun and Friendly Work Environment
Cons
Unorganization
terrible
Warehouse Specialist/Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 18, 2018
terrible environment, terrible management, terrible equipment, terrible product, terrible hours, terrible atmosphere, terrible everything. I don't recommend this place to anyone.
NO Comment
Sales Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 15, 2018
I would not like to comment on this company due to the fact how i was terminated , the managment suckes at this company. if it goes under new managment this would be a great company overall
Harsh Starving Work Environment full of potheads
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 14, 2018
They fired the one competent salesman, the managers offer you pot and steal your sales on account of knowing the computer system and not teaching you.
Pros
Cons
They make you work 11 hours a day 6 days a week even when no customers are coming in, it's very ghetto and poorly ran, middle of nowhere warehouse, you would struggle to make 40k a year here and there's little to no benefits, i'd really rather sell phones or make beds at a hotel.
It was stressful working there
Sales (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMarch 14, 2018
We had a goal to make each month for commission and selling furniture with the customers. We also had to make phone calls and post online to get customers.
Decent
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Fun place to work. Deffinently a work out moving all the furniture. If you cant lift anymore then 75 to 100 lbs then i wouldnt recommend working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Freight Furniture and Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.3

1.2Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight