American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyable
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 18, 2018
This was a good place to work at. It has a fun environment for the employees. Management needs some work, not everyone knows how things are suppose to work.
Pros
Good place to work for
This Job depends on your attitude
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
I worked for AFW going on 3 years. It’s a great job, it really is. You get paid weekly. Not hard to accrue vacation time, sick time and personal days. Hours are long like any job. The training is GREAT! Doing it right the first time is a great business model to live by in life. This job is dependent on your attitude. You get out of it what you put into it. Don’t focus on anybody else. Be positive and you will do great!
Pros
Furniture Prices make it easy to sell equals good pay
Cons
Lots of co workers to compete with, work every weekend
Great Place
Receiving Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 6, 2018
This is probably one of my favorite jobs to work at just because it is always fast paced. The company shows that they really care about its employees and they are always making sure that we are ok.
Straight Commission
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 3, 2018
AFW is a very busy company and very rarely is there time that one cannot be with a customer. Walk the showroom floor to assist customers in their selection as well as answer questions.
There is a lot to know about selecting the correct size furniture and mattress for customer satisfaction.
Management was normally available to assist if there were questions that could not be answered.
If you are not a self confident self starter this is not the place to be.
Sales people are generally pleasant and fair.
The hardest part is continuing to walk the showroom floor.
The most enjoyable part was having customers return and say everything they purchased was perfect! Customer satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent pricing and traffic
Cons
Working every weekend and holidays
Good company too work for!
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working for this place and I would have loved to continue working their. It's a great place to work and the managers are very helpful. There was always people their to help you whenever you needed help.
Pros
Cons
Pay is not very good
Funnest Job I've Ever had
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 25, 2018
If this company would have budged even slightly on their work hours for me to finish my college education I would probably still be working there. The management and employees are all joyful and concerned with you, their is availability of advancement, especially if you have a formal degree, it just didn't happen to work out like I would've wanted it to. No complaints with the company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay and work/life balance.
Cons
Not much room for the advancement you want without the education.
Unsat conditions and poor management
Delivery driver to furniture loader (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 19, 2018
Management had no communication or leadership skills. The job was relatively easy, but no room for error. Management literally compared us to robots and expected us to act as such. Contingency was a foreign language to this company, protocol was unheard of. Workplace conditions were horrific.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
management, workplace conditions, constant denied PTO
It’s a furniture factory
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSJuly 17, 2018
Show up do your job get payed go home and survive the layoff time of year. Save your money from the busy time of year for the slow time of year. Overall decent place to work.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Pay is good, everything else needs work.
Deluxer/Delivery prep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
Ever heard of the term; too many chiefs and not enough Indians? Paycheck is nice. But management has a hard time appreciating their employees. They very quick to let you know when you messed up. But getting them to tell you good job after a busy day of work is unheard of
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Managers, scheduled days off
Good
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Very good place to work execllent people and they really cafe about there employees good pay easy going freindly job I reccomend everyone apply for this carrer

Want to know more about American Furniture Warehouse?

Ask a question
buddy system
Janitorial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 20, 2018
its the buddy system if your not in good with the managers you don't have much to go on... they will cut your job or position for a friend and if your not in the group you don't get to move up
Pros
great pay
Cons
have to have a friend in management to move up
Horrible place to work not worth it
Pulled (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 21, 2018
Poor management, you have to be a brown noser to move up or know someone high up, pullers have to do everyone’s job, most intense and risky job in warehouse and get paid low, for the kind of work you’ll do, heavy things all day everyday, if you get injured they get upset, a lot of people on their high horse thinking they are someone, when you quit manager will text you saying how bad of employee you were lol plus note... they make you stay late for overtime and than make you kill your overtime at lunch lol... scam
Pros
Going home
Cons
Entire warehouse management
Seamstress (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSMay 17, 2018
This company used to be an amazing place to work. Over the past few years they have had a change in management that made it hard to work for the company. Not very interested in the employees themselves.
Pros
Team Members mostly worked well together
Cons
Some employees received special treatment.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2018
There was always work to be done, my days went by fast. the hours were good for my schedule, management was pretty good. I really liked the people I worked with.
Productive and Efficient
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 11, 2018
Amazing benefits, excellent management, great opportunities to move up within the company, good pay and good hours. Amazing employees you can get along with as well as work as a team with to accomplish tasks.
Positive customer satisfaction guaranteed
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 8, 2018
I loved working for AFW. I actually wish I was still there. Management was great, strives to make you a better employee as well as a family type of or deal with in the AFW warehouse. Cares deeply about the customers so we got it done rightthe first time so we wouldn’t have to do it again and the customer is happy.
Fun workplace comfortable and relaxed
Puller/Stocker, shipping and receiving,deliverys (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 3, 2018
I really like working at American Furniture Warehouse it was a good job and I really enjoyed it only working 40 hours a week and still making enough if I could I would go back.
Pros
They had a workout room for you in the warehouse
Cons
Managers weren't that great they let anybody be a manager
Good workplace productive building and repairing center
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COApril 24, 2018
Working at American was fun I loved the people the management were strict but also cool at times. Steady workflow on slow days it was very boring.and the work on the dock was pretty easy not too hard
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Short lunches
Overworked and underpaid
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 24, 2018
Management is horrible and doesn't even try to help/work with you. Every worker there works hard and not even for the cost of what they pay you which ends up affecting everyone there.
Great position for a student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COApril 11, 2018
In this position I handled payments from customer's for merchandise in the store. Also, we would close out our drawer's cash and credit card transactions for the day's sales.
Pros
Low stress position
Cons
Alot of down time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight