American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews

Great Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 16, 2019
I really enjoyed my time here, lots a really great people. Managers are great, you get to meet a lot of cool people including customers. the store brings in so many people you are really always busy if you choose to be.
Pros
No cap on commission
Cons
Not knowing what your next paycheck will be
Good environment. Fair expectations. Fair wage.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 11, 2019
I am very happy with AFW overall. In my experience, you show up, on time, do your job, treat others well and you will do fine here. Benefits are great. AFW pays about 70% of my health ins. premium. Quarterly raises if you do your job. At least $1 per year, usually more. They hire for various dept's from within. Heck, delivery drivers make $60,000 per year! I highly recommend AFW.
Pros
too many to list.
Cons
no overtime
They play favorites
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2019
Do not work here. You don’t do good unless you are a top seller and bend the rules all the time. Employees that do well “stack” constantly and when you call them out on it management doesn’t care. The hours are garbage and honestly when you aren’t doing good there is NO training they do to help the struggling. They don’t care about tour personal life at all. Your kid ends up in the emergency room they still expect you to come in for your shift. Commission only and they expect you to work on all holidays and even come in and work even if it’s your day off. They don’t pay you anything on holidays they are closed.
Very hostile environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 6, 2019
The guys that have been there are very rude. They dont train you properly. Management is a joke leads lack of leadership. It's not a fun place to work
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Coworkers
Horrible Management.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 2, 2019
Horrible management. Company policies are not follow. Favoritism between managers and certain employees. No support/guidance from upper management. Poor work environment. CEO very old school, not up with the times of current competitive work-places. Hostile work environment. Bullying from management. Warehouse managers do not help coach employees into doing correctly, starting paper-trails with written reviews is their solution to get employee out and try again with a new hire. Hardest part of the job is wanting to even try because nobody cares to pull their weight. Nothing enjoyable of job. Daily headaches from lack of support, outstanding pressure and hostile work environment. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
You have to be in the right "clique" to have guidance, learn, progress, or move up. Otherwise you're just another expendable person.
Reasonable goals but does not really have a value for employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2019
American furniture is a great place to acquire some sakes skills, but seeing as the top earners work every day 10 hrs it's not realistic long term job. The commission has not changed since it opened 40+ yrs ago but cost of living has.
Unstable environment
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 14, 2019
The company as a whole is decent, you get benefits, earn vacation and sick time off. Different store locations are run differently depending on the manager. As for Aurora, you never know what mood you'll be walking into. When it's good, it's ok. When it's bad, it's being put down, threatened, and demoralizing. Most employees try to steer clear of the main manager due to the hostile nature of encounters. Most of the co-workers are fine hard-working people.
Benefits
Cons
Poor managers
My work day
SALES (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2019
Very relaxed environment, easy to talk to people and make sales.
Enjoyed interacting with others, the day was always interesting.
The hardest part, I think were the mandatory holidays to work.
No comp time or overtime offered for working holidays
The company is always training to make sure you understood the products to help with the sale.
For me the hardest part of the job was the slow days, being on commission that was tough and we could not go home.
Working like this caused us go into draw especially during the holidays.
What I enjoyed most where my customers, I really liked what I did.
Pros
No scheduled lunches or breaks.
Cons
Commission rate was 4% and no incentives for increase.
Threatening and deamenor work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 25, 2019
Physically threatened by co-workers, management disregards these situations, employee's get drunk across the street at the Roadhouse and smoke weed in their car. Workers come to work under the influence of drugs and alcohol leading to unsatisfied customer service and giving out the wrong merchandise with attitude. Management needs revaluated, and workers need to be drug screened!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Co-workers, management, no overtime
Great company, okay management
Pulling Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 25, 2019
The company has been great to me and my family for 6 years, however the management has been lack luster. Leads and Department Managers are treated at the bottom of the load. Managers also do not get paid enough for the work the are responsible for.
For the trucking industry - its fair employment
Over-the-road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 21, 2019
Management has predetermined that the driver is always at fault regardless of the of the situation or the circumstances. Unless there is a family tie to the company, a couple of speed-bumps will rapidly spell the end of hopes for a future with the company. Promises made, are not promises kept. Best to stay off the radar and accept the roll of the dice, don't try to stand up for yourself.
The work place was decent. The people there were rude, the management were rude as well.
Roller (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSFebruary 18, 2019
The pay was alright, would I work there again. Only if I had to, the work place was not the best. There very few breaks, and the breaks were short. The management were always upset.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, mean people, nasty work area
Relaxed and no pressure approach to sales.
SALES (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 30, 2019
Relaxed and no pressure approach to sales. It is a comfortable work environment with no sales quotas. Earning potential is unlimited based on individual effort.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
10+ hour days on hard cementy floors/working weekends and holidays
It was to , upclose and personal
Pulled (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 28, 2019
Did feel comfortable working there , felt like everybody was watching me and if I did one thing wrong I get yelled at and cussed out. They take everything extremely serious there
One man work expectancy
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Arapahoe, COJanuary 26, 2019
Do not like work there furniture was heavy than most for one person the keeping track of how many orders you complete determines your raise that they say should be giving very 3 months
Pros
Poor lunches
Cons
Got off early enough
Good job but didn't agree sometimes
CPU dock (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2019
The working envirnement was cool my managers were cool I guess I kind of messed up with being responsible and reliable so I really can't blame the job
Great team mates but horrible management
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJanuary 18, 2019
I started working at American Furniture Warehouse because my aunt worked there and she recommended me to apply because they were hiring. Well I applied and got the job but my manager I was assigned to worked with my aunt and hated her, so since I was related to her, day one he always gave me a hard time. It was so bad that once I had quit because I was sick of it, one of his fellow managers took a picture of the text and posted it on Snapchat. I had also called him and talked to him but he asked me to text him it for "paperwork purposes". I called human resources about it but nothing was done.
Great place to work!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81008January 10, 2019
I fixed furniture and I really enjoyed what I did! The employees were great and I had a awesome boss! The only part about working here that I don't agree with it that if you quit, even if it was on good terms, they don't hire you back. I would definitely go back here if I had the chance.
Jake Jabs is a genius
DESIGNER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 10, 2018
He has created a fantastic envrionment to make money and offers training programs to really allow people to land on their feet. There are upper management issues, that have been taken care of to my knowledge and there are a number of areas in which you can grow and even create job opportunities.
Very poor management.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 7, 2018
It has been said before here. Favoritism here runs rampant. At least on the warehouse side. Be buddy, buddy with the warehouse manager and you will go far. Do your job the best you can, and you will held back. Lower managers are just as bad, it is like high school there. Be part of the club or get passed over. As for the general employees as in every company there are good and bad ones.
Pros
Higher pay then most companies
Cons
Leak of any real management, and favoritism with upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight