American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

My work day
SALES (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2019
Very relaxed environment, easy to talk to people and make sales.
Enjoyed interacting with others, the day was always interesting.
The hardest part, I think were the mandatory holidays to work.
No comp time or overtime offered for working holidays
The company is always training to make sure you understood the products to help with the sale.
For me the hardest part of the job was the slow days, being on commission that was tough and we could not go home.
Working like this caused us go into draw especially during the holidays.
What I enjoyed most where my customers, I really liked what I did.
Pros
No scheduled lunches or breaks.
Cons
Commission rate was 4% and no incentives for increase.
Place is a sweat shop!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2018
You get to work EVERY HOLIDAY, WEEKEND AND UNTIL 10PM! You are not allowed to sit down, unless on a timed break. You must keep walking, on concrete. Not allowed to use the elevator, must use stairs. Not allowed to talk to other employees while on the sales floor. Must clean store every night for free. You have an area that is inspected by a manager. Must answer phones for 30 minutes a day for free, while front cashiers look.at Facebook and giggle. They are hourly employees. If you do not make enough sales for commission, they pay a small draw, which they take back out of your next check!
Do not shop here, stuff is Vietnamese junk!!
Pros
Cons
Hours, management.
Do NOT work at this Slaveship
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsNovember 5, 2018
Ran just like slavery. If you want to hate your life for a 15$ hour job than here you go. I got food poisoning from THEIR own cafe. So i had to call in because I was on the brink of death. When I called I was told I had to get a Dr note. It was a Sunday and no urgent cares or any doctor offices were open except the ER.. I am not going to wait 6 hours in the waiting room with no insurance yet, while I’m throwing up and the other thing at the same time every 15 minutes just so they end up telling me it’s food poising and to rest and get hydrated. So i didn’t go to the dr. I show up to work next day (still sick) and they have the nerve to tell me I should have gone to the Er and did not care that I got food posion from their own cafe. This place should be ashamed how they treat their employees
Pros
Cons
Management, and too much stuff to list
Favoritism and setting morals aside looking the other way is key
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
Unfortunately management is oblivious and let's his minions make major decisions and has let a culture of covert bullying and handles problems like a ostrich. There is no loyalty to hard working employees only to those who fit in to the inner circle. Members of management abuse there positions customer service manager spend most of her time face booking service shop lead gets paid to do his home work and steels supply's the safety manager gets drunk on the job. Sexual harassment among the warehouse employees runs ramped and no mind is paid wile those who are truly dedicated get squeezed out because they don't fit in. God forbid you take a stand or go to management they will find a way to fire you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management and work culture
This Job depends on your attitude
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
I worked for AFW going on 3 years. It’s a great job, it really is. You get paid weekly. Not hard to accrue vacation time, sick time and personal days. Hours are long like any job. The training is GREAT! Doing it right the first time is a great business model to live by in life. This job is dependent on your attitude. You get out of it what you put into it. Don’t focus on anybody else. Be positive and you will do great!
Pros
Furniture Prices make it easy to sell equals good pay
Cons
Lots of co workers to compete with, work every weekend
overall good place to work
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 13, 2018
great benefits PTO is good Hours kind of suck with a family always working weekends and some nights till 10pm. management cares about you for the most part some of the safety stuff is a little stupid
Fun place, fun atmosphere
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 22, 2018
This was the most efficiently run place I have EVER worked at! If you do your job, write clean orders, and stay out of the drama the managers will leave you alone and you will make good money! Inventory availability is excellent! If I could stand the heat in AZ or tolerate the overcrowded Denver/Colorado Springs area, I would go back to work at AFW in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great pay, efficiently run
Cons
Watch your back for associates who steal
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. Sincerely, AFW

never a boring day at work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 14, 2018
There is always something to do. When you finish a task you will aways find another. to cleaning up the truck to building a bed. When you're finished move on to the next stop. By the time you look at the time, you find yourself done with a route.
Pros
Lots of freedom on the road.
Cons
physically demanding on the body.

i would not recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2017
i worked as a sales rep, and a friend of mine was fired because of a customer complaint. My friend said something along the lines of "nice weather we're having" and the customer somehow took that the wrong way and complained to corporate. My friend was fired the next day. The management sucks, they say its an open door policy but that just means they want a reason to fire you. All they care about is the money.
Pros
pay, benefits, food
Cons
everything else
No comment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2017
My experience at AFW is one Id rather forget as it was a very cut throat environment and poor management. The only positive thing was benefits which was helpful.
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our company. I am disappointed to hear that not all of your experiences have been positive with AFW. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees and please know that your comments are seen by the Human Resources department in order to help AFW improve as a company. Sincerely, AFW

Laid back company with good benefits and good pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2017
My overall review of American Furniture Warehouse is good. I learned to be a good team player and engage and build rapport with customers. I also learned a number of clerical skills.The management was okay but I felt it needed to be a little more equality between departments. The culture was very upbeat and friendly with over 100 employees. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was being 100% commission and having inconsistent paychecks, but the most rewarding part of the job was being able to help people make beautiful homes with our selection of furniture.
Pros
Easy going, minimal supervision
Cons
working holidays and every weekend
sales associate
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907April 26, 2017
great co workers & management. a lot of walking. the most enjoyable part of my job is the smile on my customers face when they get a great deal on furniture and can create a beautiful setting for any room.
You are required to work every weekend and every holiday.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 9, 2017
Ok job if you don't have a family. Mandatory overtime. You must work phone duty with no pay, must clean the store for free. You can not talk to other employees unless in the break room or they will give you a review. You are required to buy an IPad , however they do not have any need for one. You can check stock with it. You still need to go to a desk top to key an order. Management staff are clueless.
Pros
You get paid every Friday
Cons
The job is a dead end-no future there.
Great job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 3, 2017
I do a lot of inventory and deliveries. I love how i get to challenge myself everyday and look forward to moving up in this company. I have become lift certified and box truck certified.
Compensated for your work
DOT certified driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2017
A good place to work, full time only. Delivery is very physical in nature, but once adjusted it is very manageable. Honest labor for an honest earning.
Ok
Merchandising/ Staging (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 1, 2017
Management needs oversight. Environment can be toxic because of management and employee relationship.Very Steady job, always job security.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2017
Good company to work for hours flexible and room to grow upper management easy to work for they take really good care of there employees.
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

Great place to work if you aren't a desk type person
Designer/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2017
I loved creating showrooms and displays. You were constantly on your toes with the fast pace and changes every day. I didn't like the drama with working with so many different people and felt like the managers didn't have control of some situations. Some departments did more than other departments. I would work for them again.
Pros
Fast work day and something new every day.
Cons
Back stabbing and poor benefits.
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors . Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

Decent workplace but bad management and selfish sales associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2016
Overall, AFW is a decent place to work but the management does not do their jobs. They play favorites more often than should be allowed, and the favorite people are the only ones that ever get what they need/want and get away with way more than should ever be allowed. Most of the management that I came into contact with was pretty nice, but they are never really on the same page and it makes the store kind of inefficient when you have four managers all telling you different things. All the sales people want to do is sit around and gossip about each other, whine how they don't make enough money, and steal other people's sales. Out of about 50 sales associates, there's maybe five honest ones that have actual integrity. All they care about at the end of the day is their own paycheck, not how they just screwed somebody else out of their own money. This is a 100% commission sales job, so if somebody steals your sale, you don't get paid no matter how much work you put into it. And when it's brought up to management, there is usually nothing that gets done about it.
Pros
Paid training, choose when you go on break, decent benefits
Cons
Incompetent management, sales people are greedy, required to work every weekend/holiday, long/late hours
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2016
My typical day, is working with customer coming in to buy for their home. I educate them on furniture, qualify them to see what they are looking for, brainstorm ideas for a specific room. Gratifying position by helping others envision possibilities in their home old or new.
Pros
I'm on my own to manage my time and be as productive as I want to be.
Cons
We get 4% of sales with no possibility of raise percentage in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight