American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews in Englewood, CO

The environment is full of bitter gossips
N/A (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2019
Englewood has some of the most gossiping narcissists I've come to know , they dont get poor problems and constantly remind you of your short comings. Intentionally sabotaging or undermining a coworker’s performance
Giving a coworker constant and unwarranted criticism. I try to succeed but was told I wasn't capable. Now I'm stuck in a place where I'm either ignored or alienated.
Fun place to work if you like commission work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 26, 2019
Potential of making a lot of money, meet lots of people, off to days during the week back to back it split days off up to you, weekends and holidays mandatory except Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Cons
Working every weekend and holiday
Horrible Management.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 2, 2019
Horrible management. Company policies are not follow. Favoritism between managers and certain employees. No support/guidance from upper management. Poor work environment. CEO very old school, not up with the times of current competitive work-places. Hostile work environment. Bullying from management. Warehouse managers do not help coach employees into doing correctly, starting paper-trails with written reviews is their solution to get employee out and try again with a new hire. Hardest part of the job is wanting to even try because nobody cares to pull their weight. Nothing enjoyable of job. Daily headaches from lack of support, outstanding pressure and hostile work environment. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
You have to be in the right "clique" to have guidance, learn, progress, or move up. Otherwise you're just another expendable person.
For the trucking industry - its fair employment
Over-the-road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 21, 2019
Management has predetermined that the driver is always at fault regardless of the of the situation or the circumstances. Unless there is a family tie to the company, a couple of speed-bumps will rapidly spell the end of hopes for a future with the company. Promises made, are not promises kept. Best to stay off the radar and accept the roll of the dice, don't try to stand up for yourself.
Good job but didn't agree sometimes
CPU dock (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2019
The working envirnement was cool my managers were cool I guess I kind of messed up with being responsible and reliable so I really can't blame the job
Great Place to work with competitive pay.
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 20, 2018
Great company to grow in and move up in the company. Very good benefits. Good people to work with and help you learn about the furniture business. Good competitive pay.
Funnest Job I've Ever had
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 25, 2018
If this company would have budged even slightly on their work hours for me to finish my college education I would probably still be working there. The management and employees are all joyful and concerned with you, their is availability of advancement, especially if you have a formal degree, it just didn't happen to work out like I would've wanted it to. No complaints with the company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay and work/life balance.
Cons
Not much room for the advancement you want without the education.
Unsat conditions and poor management
Delivery driver to furniture loader (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 19, 2018
Management had no communication or leadership skills. The job was relatively easy, but no room for error. Management literally compared us to robots and expected us to act as such. Contingency was a foreign language to this company, protocol was unheard of. Workplace conditions were horrific.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
management, workplace conditions, constant denied PTO
good money
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 27, 2018
it requires a lot of walking. commission based only. good management. working schedule is not family oriented. work holidays and weekends. co-workers not always nice
worst place to work for!
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 17, 2018
too many managers tell you what to do!!,hostlie work envirment,hard to my job when other employees tell you what to do!! Do not work for American furniture warehouse!!
no advancement
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 24, 2018
it was a slow paced job and hours were kind of unorganized. no chance for overtime. heavy lifting was involved almost always and assisting customers frequently.
April 3, 2018

We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

Cut-throat
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 8, 2018
Cut-throat commission sales.. I don't recommend this company to any one. management is partial to long time associates and riding the sales staff to produce more
April 3, 2018

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our company. I am really sorry to hear that you have had some negative experiences here at AFW. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees and your comments were shared with our Human Resources department in order to help AFW improve as a company. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you, AFW

First step into sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 25, 2017
The margin is about 35% above cost. Sales Associates receive 4% of the subtotal upon reception of the merchandise by the customer. So there is nothing on the sales floor which will make your day or week. You are trying to grind it out with 50 other sales people.
steady pace and alwats stay busy
truck lift operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day was going and getting your scan gun which gave you directs on what you where suppose to being and start pulling orders our stocking materials.
It alright,not the greatest
Customer Pickup/ Lead (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 28, 2017
This is a good place to work if you need a job. Not a lot of chance for advancement, managers sometimes suck, but the job itself isn't too bad. Very steady work
good
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed the work. There was no room for advancement or taking on /changing responsibilities. The company began to lean to only putting people in positions if the had a degree. Felt I had reached the highest level available to me.
Pros
varied duties
Cons
no advancement
February 28, 2017

We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve. I'm glad to hear that you had an overall positive experience here at AFW, however, I do want to address a few of your concerns. The entire AFW management team in all facilities have been promoted from within, AFW prides itself on this. Jake Jabs also makes this a point in all of his new hire luncheons. Management opportunities are also posted through the AFW Job site and all employees are strongly encouraged to apply. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

Sales Training
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 18, 2017
I've been working for American Furniture for over four years now and it has been an okay job. Advancing to a new position or a higher up position is a pain when corporate is completely biased and the human resources department doesn't do anything.
Cons
management, policies
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances to the appropriate supervisor. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback, LaRae Richards.

my thoughts
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 16, 2017
work days consist of none stop back and forth effort the duty in itself makes the day go by faster pretty cool laid back people.
Pros
subway on site
Cons
up early
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you have had an overall positive experience here at AFW. Please know that the Human Resources department reads these reviews and then uses the feedback to help make AFW a great place to work. Thank you again, LaRae Richards.

Fun workplace for motivated individuals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 21, 2016
You're basically your own boss. You have to be self motivated but it is a fun place to work and management and training is amazing. The hardest part about the job was being required to work weekends.
Management is terrible!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 30, 2016
Management will force their hands up your you know what and play you like a puppet. With no rhyme or reason what so ever. They have no clue what they are doing. You will be forced to enforce rules that make absolutely no sense and have to deal with angry customers because of said rules. Everyone will hate you on a daily basis. Everyone will look down on you. There will never be anyone there to support you or have your back. This is the worst company that I have ever worked for. I worked in a building where everyone HATED their jobs, everyone was in the process of looking for other employment. This job has the highest turnover rate that I have ever seen. This is a terrible place to work. This job will steal your soul. Period.
Pros
There is none
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight