American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews in Firestone, CO

Very productive work place,
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COMay 12, 2019
It is a Very productive and relaxed work place, also Very labored. I Would definitely work there again if given the chance. I learned a lot on the job and they worked with me if something personal came up.
Great team mates but horrible management
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJanuary 18, 2019
I started working at American Furniture Warehouse because my aunt worked there and she recommended me to apply because they were hiring. Well I applied and got the job but my manager I was assigned to worked with my aunt and hated her, so since I was related to her, day one he always gave me a hard time. It was so bad that once I had quit because I was sick of it, one of his fellow managers took a picture of the text and posted it on Snapchat. I had also called him and talked to him but he asked me to text him it for "paperwork purposes". I called human resources about it but nothing was done.
Poor Management
Furniture Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COOctober 25, 2018
I've been working for Afw for years now and honestly if you want to move up or get a raise you will have to suck up to the boss. You are always being watched by management and by your Co workers. If there was any common sense in management it would make work life a whole lot better, They give everyone weekends off and complain why nothing gets done on the weekends, everyone who has been here for years now and making atleast 18-20 dollars an hour are probably going to get capped soon since the starting wage is now 18 an hour and all those years working are basically gone now since they dont give raises anymore due to management not making more than 23-25 an hour.
Pros
Benefits, Ceo
Cons
Management, Horrible Scheduling, No Common Sense, Favoritism
American furnitue warehouse
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COOctober 10, 2018
In the 10 years I had a lot of good experiences with this company. It also came with lots of long days. Working at american furniture provided me with lots of unique skills like learning how to drive a 30 ft box truck in sunny weather or blizzards. Dealing with high wind in a high profile vehicle, also taught me good customers service skills. We would run into several problems every day and it was on us to figure out how to solve them. Overall my 10 years at american furniture was awesome.
Pros
Good pay, good people, good exercise
Everyday is an adventure.
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Firestone, COOctober 9, 2018
Have no clue what you are walking into everyday. Never know what mood the bosses are in and how they get along with each other. If most of the managers under the CEO where fired it could be better.
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Firestone, COApril 7, 2018
Work everyday was great due to there always being something to do and staying busy. Unfortunately this year 2018, a lot of changes are occurring in which requires the change of management. Cleaning house if you may.
Pros
Good money and benifits
Cons
Bad management, horrible ways to assist those that have been there for awhile
Good job for people who want to stay active and exercise
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COMarch 5, 2018
This job is a good one not only because it was my first high paying job but because they have benefits they care about you’re safety and they petty much take good care of you overall.
Always keep busy, sometimes play favorites, well paid
Customer pick up (Current Employee) –  Firestone, CODecember 7, 2017
A managers responsibility is to make sure the work place runs smoothly and that everyone is actually working, at AFW they do that but most of the time are extremely rude about it when management does the same thing, yes they are managers but they should be doing the same and have more people skills, they are working retail basically. If you have can get to the good side of a manager they’ll barely call you out on you not doing anything. The thing keeping me here is the good pay!
Pros
After 1 yr yoy get 40 hours paid vacation and after 90 days you are qualified for benefits.
Cons
No over time, 50/50 on management.
tough but fun workplace
Warehouse Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CONovember 2, 2017
Some days can be slow and some can be hard and fast. Most of the departments are working on minimal hands and can sometimes end up being short-handed some days. This means workdays can get hard and stressful but otherwise work here is good and steady full time work. Management sometimes treated like didn't know how to do my job or like I didn't know that something I was already working on needed to be worked on. Work days usually went by fast though with steady work.
Pros
Exercise Room, Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
No overtime, Understaffed departments
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances to the appropriate supervisor. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback, AFW

was ok to work for a first warehouse job
Puller (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJuly 5, 2017
i learned some new things every day when working for afw but schedule wasn't for me in the end. i am pursuing a different warehouse job. since you do not start out in first shift and have to earn it it is different
Pros
learn something new every day and stay active
Cons
scheduling system is different
gym provided
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJune 12, 2017
I would work 4 days out of the week, 10-11hr shifts per day. Everything was good, the only bad part about this job was the walking.There was slow days, and on these days the day just seemed like it was never going to end. What I liked about this job was being able to learn about furniture, I learned stuff that I didn't know. Overall it was a good experience, and the managers were a great help!
Pros
we had free food on some days
Cons
short breaks, 30 min for lunch
Good place to grow. Lots of opportunities
Safety Coordinator/ Management (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CODecember 10, 2015
Many opportunities to learn skills you may not know. Company provides many different career paths. Safe and fun environment to work in.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not enough emphasis on company policies, rules etc.
Best job that I have had.
Warehouse Associate Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CODecember 18, 2013
Great people.
Good pay.
Good benefits.
Excellent management.
Overall excellent company to work for.
Pros
All pros.
Cons
No cons.