American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews in Glendale, AZ

American Furniture Warehouse
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305May 26, 2019
Warehouse manager is horrible man. He is clearly not medicated. He wants you to get into personal conversations about your life and problems. Nothing sexual. To my knowledge. He wants you to tell him your story, as most do, but he wants the problems you have, Like personal issues. He wants to give you his advise so he can feel important. If he doesn’t like you. He will put you at night in a horrible position until you quit. If he can’t find a way to fire you first. So you don’t get your sick time or vacation, stuff like that. All companies protect their money and what they offer first before the people. We should all know this by now.
Pros
Money, Hours
Cons
Management team.
Work is easy but the management is horrible.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2018
The management and leads have got to be the worst I have worked for. If you do not wear a dark blue or yellow shirt you do not matter and your opinion doesn’t matter.
Pros
Easy money, benefits
Enjoyable
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 18, 2018
This was a good place to work at. It has a fun environment for the employees. Management needs some work, not everyone knows how things are suppose to work.
Pros
Good place to work for
Great Place
Receiving Team Member (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 6, 2018
This is probably one of my favorite jobs to work at just because it is always fast paced. The company shows that they really care about its employees and they are always making sure that we are ok.
Horrible place to work not worth it
Pulled (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 21, 2018
Poor management, you have to be a brown noser to move up or know someone high up, pullers have to do everyone’s job, most intense and risky job in warehouse and get paid low, for the kind of work you’ll do, heavy things all day everyday, if you get injured they get upset, a lot of people on their high horse thinking they are someone, when you quit manager will text you saying how bad of employee you were lol plus note... they make you stay late for overtime and than make you kill your overtime at lunch lol... scam
Pros
Going home
Cons
Entire warehouse management
Positive customer satisfaction guaranteed
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 8, 2018
I loved working for AFW. I actually wish I was still there. Management was great, strives to make you a better employee as well as a family type of or deal with in the AFW warehouse. Cares deeply about the customers so we got it done rightthe first time so we wouldn’t have to do it again and the customer is happy.
Horrible place to work
Cpu loader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 2, 2018
Bosses play favorites this company hires felons all day long they break Arizona labor laws by not giving 15 minute breaks this company also breaks labor laws if u get overtime they make u cut it on longer lunches
Cons
Bosses everything
Amazing Company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 19, 2018
American Furniture was an amazing place to work at, I enjoyed going to work and knew I would have a great day. Management was absolutely the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. The entire company, from ownership on down, was able to maintain a perfect balance between family and work. I hated having to leave, due to circumstances beyond my control I had to relocate. I would recommend AFW to anyone looking for great employment.
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

productive environment with fast paced attitude and learning curves for quick advancement.
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 18, 2018
-normal 8hour shifts
-costumer service is a must
-a lot of micro managing
-multi cultural awareness was above standards
-manual labor
-employees make it a fun and peaceful environment
April 3, 2018

We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, and diversity. Thank you again for your feedback and we wish you luck in your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

The best furniture store to work at.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 5, 2018
As an associate you would open the store three days in a week, and close two days. You were responsible for cleaning and maintaining you specific area of the store each and every shift.
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. We wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

Paid weekly and benefits
Delivery Check in/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 1, 2018
Overall great place to work at. Just as any job there is drama and disadvantages. I loved the position that I worked in as I was able to work 4 10 hour days with 3 days off. Met some amazing people, but it is a younger group to work with. With that being said there is more drama than there should be. It is not as professional as I would have preferred it. Kind of reminded me of high school. Like I said overall, great place to work.
Pros
paid weekly, benefits
Cons
younger crowd so there is more drama than usual, no advancement
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our company. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy the wage, benefits, and hours. We strive to offer our team members a competitive pay and benefits package and are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you again for your feedback, as it helps us make AFW a better place. Thank you again, AFW

Worst place to work
Lift Operator, trash pitt, janitorial (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 20, 2018
I got terminated for making one little mistake, i got disrespected from 2 managers, and they had me doing othrr jobs that was not part of my own job, jobs that arents even listen to do on the apllication!!! To top it off they had me on machines that i wasnt even certified on!
Fun place to work great people poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305October 3, 2017
American Furniture Warehouse is a fun place to work but I ended up leaving because of new management. They would try into personal life that was not work related. Also, for job advancement they play a lot of favorites. They normally already have who they want but still allow other people to apply. You could point out issues and hostile environment but would tell you to move to a different department instead of fixing the issue.
A place to just get by for the moment.
Driver/Builder (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 19, 2017
This place is good for having a job while you are trying to finish your education or get to where you need to but not to just commit to just this company. Good luck.
Productive, Caring overall great establishment.
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time at AFW, they taught me a lot and helped me grow in the right direction. Great company the company gives back what you put into it. I would recommend them to anyone!
Great Environment and People
Delivery Prep Assistant Supervisor/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 23, 2017
By far one of the best companies i have had the pleasure working for, theres room for advancement, great pay, great benefits, and great people. What more could you ask for
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
Cons
Clean environment, comfortable selling environment, great customers!
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 16, 2017
A beautiful store with talented designers to showcase the show floor.
Management could use a more mature approach to the entire sales force and be more committed to fairness.
Delivery personnel and warehouse employees are really the shining stars of the operation with their friendly, considerate and positive attitudes. Their pay scale is unmatched in the industry.
Excellent sales force with no pressure sales.
There is a LOT of walking for sales associates. Takes a toll physically.
Working with the customers in such a clean store with beautiful and plentiful merchandise is the best part of sales with this company.
Pros
Customers love the store and shopping experience.
Cons
Store hours are too long. Not industry standard by closing at 10 pm.
Management is so unprofessional, right hand has-no idea what the left is doing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Company, when there was ethics, morals, and honesty, unfortunately it went away less the a year of opening, then the Company opens another showroom, hires a lot of the younger generation, whom really does not care about ethic just a small paycheck. ( still living at home) gas money, but the people really trying to support their family can not.
The Showrooms are a open floor concept not a up system, so use your imagination! No common sense or respect for your Co-worker.
Management is terrible, if their not dating their Employees, their hiring their friends.
72 - 75 sales representatives on the open sales floor every week-end, week-days 25-30 , when there is a down time you were required to clean , sometimes on hands and knees, they don't care as long as they look good! Usually 2 -4 managers on duty, by the end of the typical day, if your area of cleaning is not done to that managers liking (white glove) you could spend up to 1 1/2 hours later, please keep in mind you are commissioned not hourly! That would be the hardest part.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the Customers, and if you got a good paycheck that would be nice.
Pros
Customers
Cons
All day cleaning
Good Company
CDL class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 26, 2017
I love the job i do now i help load and unload, then drive trucks nationwide to deliver furniture. its a great job however there are times i miss my family being over the road so much.
Great work enviroment and alot of positive people there
Puller/Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work at and grow within. Great opportunities to take care of your family. If you can get in, I advise you doing it. This opportunity changed my life, and it can change you too.
Pros
Family feeling, Job security, Benefits
Cons
sometime poor management calls

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight