American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews in Grand Junction, CO

cutthroat place to work, management is drunk and hostile
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 29, 2018
Would not recommend, seems like the lazy people get paid the most and management is a joke, drunks that do not care for their employees, the pay is decent, but if you are a good worker and not a brown noser you will be passed up in no time
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Almost everything
exciting with customers and their proyects
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 10, 2017
wait on any and all customers coming into the store, qualify their needs and wants and direct them and help them on their decision making. great product knowledge at the place when it comes to furniture. the most enjoyable part is to have a happy and satisfied customer
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
not flexible at work
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, AFW

Retail hours are the worst
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 5, 2017
Good company, good setup. The hours are what kill you. Saturday closing shift for sales is 10:45-10 PM at night every weekend. Not complaining too much because I know that many occupations work similar long hours but know what you are getting into beforehand.
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 12, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time of employment with AFW. They are a wonderful and caring company to work for. They provide an excellent benefit package and the ability to move up within the company.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful managment
DELIVERY DRIVER/SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 31, 2017
Awesome Job to have, I worked in delivery and every day was a new day and was very enjoyable. Compensation for work was great and would work there again.
friendly and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 23, 2017
I loved working there. The managers and other employees were amazing to work for. They were always willing to jump in and help when needed. The customer was always our main priority.
Good money but really didn't feel they cared for employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 26, 2012
We had to deliver heavy furniture, sometimes items weighing more than 400 lbs without the use of dollys, back braces, ect. I felt that they were more concerned about the customer than the employee, which I didn't agree with. I fell the company is only as good as the employees, and if your employees always get hurt due to bad practices than the company is hurt.
fun and exciting full of oprotunity
Puller (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 24, 2012
daily inspection of my equiptment get a scanner put away shipments pull customer orders organize racks
Pros
good pay decent benifits
Cons
no overtime no set schedule expect you to drop everything for them if they call you
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 5, 2012
Go in and either count the safe or my cash drawer.
Answer phones. Key tickets, returns and exchanges.
I learned how to be professional in an irate customer situation. How to talk to customers to calm them and keep them at ease and much much more. You always get the easy laid back managers and the more stiff managers. The hardest part of the job was in the begining. When I first started the job the company was getting ready to switch from one system to another so I had to learn on system and then in a couple months I had to relearn a whole new system but it was fun learning the new system together as a team and figuring it all out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. All of them were very nice and excepting of me when I first started and still keep in touch with them.
Pros
the people.
Cons
the price of the insurance and the availability of where the insurance was excepted