American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews in Thornton, CO

Very hostile environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 6, 2019
The guys that have been there are very rude. They dont train you properly. Management is a joke leads lack of leadership. It's not a fun place to work
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Coworkers
Fast paced got to be productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 14, 2018
Like any employee I had my ups and downs but it takes away from family time and family is important the pay was great drivers are paid commission so that means you can work for hours
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management not enough communication
Good company
Customer Service Manager and Sales (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 10, 2018
Grass roots and a great job with great security. Work life balance is not great as there are minimal paid holidays. Good benefits and great culture, lots of good community outreach.
Not A good place to work at
Dock Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 6, 2018
Worked for about 2 years here and they replace you like it’s nothing, hardly any chance for moving up in management. Management is a laughing stock, warehouse managers literally would tell you to get to get off your phone and they would hang out in front of customers and be on their phones. Countless times that has happened.
Pros
Cons
Too many to put
Productive workplace with poor management
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 20, 2018
The workplace culture is very poor with a low work/life balance. Much is expected of management with little leadership, limited resources, no vision, poor planning.
good enviroment
Customer Check In Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 19, 2018
American furniture warehouse is good company to work for they have great benefits, people are great i got my 4 year customer service skills from my position.
Productive and Efficient
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 11, 2018
Amazing benefits, excellent management, great opportunities to move up within the company, good pay and good hours. Amazing employees you can get along with as well as work as a team with to accomplish tasks.
Overworked and underpaid
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 24, 2018
Management is horrible and doesn't even try to help/work with you. Every worker there works hard and not even for the cost of what they pay you which ends up affecting everyone there.
Furniture sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 26, 2018
Good place to work and make money. Good benefits family owns.
Great culture. Management is good. Good coworkers and good customer service. Good product and best price.
Stressful Workplace
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 5, 2018
A typical day at work is fun majority of the time. Other times is stressful. I learned how to communicate with other associates and managers. Management are really easy to talk to and take care of things that are a problem very quickly. The workplace culture, depends on where and who youre working with. Everyone has a different taste of how they do things and you learn what they learn and its a good place to be social though. The hardest part of the job is when unloading these trailers, I see so many people standing around while I'm doing most of the work. Struggling to get stuff done so I can leave on time.
Pros
guarentted 38 to 40 hours a week with possible raises
Great money, VERY POOR management, communication
Drivers Helper/Driver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 1, 2018
Is enjoyed my job (and pay) The communication from the top is scary at best and upper management is awful! As a driver, there are no "raises" and the hours can be excruciating! Most times drivers and helpers are on mandatory 6 day schedules as they lose drivers nearly as quickly as they hire them. A "long term" driver at AFW is over 6 months. The vast majority of the drivers leave after 2-3 years
Great Company Poor Location
Customer Check in (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 17, 2017
Its a great company overall. Takes care of its employees and customers. The thornton location has a lot of workplace drama and the warehouse is under poor management. Great showfloor management.
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances to the appropriate supervisor. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback. Sincerely, AFW

Great Private Company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 1, 2017
If you are a hard working individual, this is a great place to work. Some positions are hourly, and others are commission, but all have full benefits. You work hard, but you can make a very comfortable living.
Pros
Full benefits, good pay
Cons
Busy season can be very demanding
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our organization! I’m glad to hear that you enjoy the wage and the overall atmosphere within the company. We strive to offer our team members a competitive pay and benefits package and are always looking for ways to improve. Sincerely, AFW

American Furniture Warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 26, 2017
I worked a short time at American Furniture Warehouse, not much room to grow with a set pay at 13.00 dollars an hour but enjoyed learning inventory and unloading furniture and stalking the furniture into its scanned location. I had to quit to find a job that paid better income.
good people
Deliver Driver/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 31, 2017
it was always a good time working for that warehouse . people were good the culture was good and was always different what we did so that made it better
Pros
easy fridays all the time
Cons
sometimes the weather sucked to deliver
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

fun job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 15, 2016
This was a very physically demanding job. But in the end it was worth it. the pay was not the best but if your willing to work even harder the bonus is worth it,
Pros
ok healthcare
Cons
travel
Unorganized
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 18, 2016
They really need to decide who is what. What I mean by that is that they have to many people walking around with yellow shirts. At any random time can someone in this shirt tell you to do something and even though you have no clue to who they are, according to the rules you would need to do what they ask just because they are in a yellow shirt. Don't get me started about someone being in a red shirt! They need some order and they need it fast.......I mean fast! This place is a nightmare, a true one. For truck drivers the supervisors are even worst. If you are a truck driver don't no, no, DO NOT APPLY. They treat you like garbage. It is so bad that when you go to apply for unemployment from them they will automatically approve you. This is how many people they get rid of.
Pros
Nice trucks, and good benefits
Cons
Unorganized
A fast growing company with an outdated business mentality
Corporate Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 23, 2016
AFW is a company that has successfully developed a niche market in the furniture industry, and has grown vastly over a short period of time to become a strong contender in the market. The company is lacking for new-aged management and business development, which will not hurt the company in terms of long term standing, but serve to limit its continued growth.
Many entry level employees are treated as disposable, incompetent, or irrelevant to company development. The company offers slightly higher wages than many of its competitors, but the training is lacking at best, and the advancement of employees is based primarily on personal preference and appeal from upper management, not on skills for the position.
Turn over rates in almost every department are steady, and many skilled leaders and knowledgeable employees have been denied advancement opportunities, so that other candidates with a personal appeal to the hiring manager could fill the position.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, comfortable environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, High employment turnover, Menial Management development
nice to work learn lots of stuff
Garage Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 8, 2015
nice to work, working on trailer everyday and try to keep busy when there nothing to do, learn lots of stuff. management, not so grate,
Don't care about employees.
Warehouse Merchandise Puller (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 31, 2015
This company only cares about making the customer happy. Employees aren't very happy with how they themselves are treated. Company has a high turn over rate with regards to the employees.
Pros
Consistent work.
Cons
Poor employee moral/encouragement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight