American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Fun place to work if you like commission work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 26, 2019
Potential of making a lot of money, meet lots of people, off to days during the week back to back it split days off up to you, weekends and holidays mandatory except Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Cons
Working every weekend and holiday
Great Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 16, 2019
I really enjoyed my time here, lots a really great people. Managers are great, you get to meet a lot of cool people including customers. the store brings in so many people you are really always busy if you choose to be.
Pros
No cap on commission
Cons
Not knowing what your next paycheck will be
Reasonable goals but does not really have a value for employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2019
American furniture is a great place to acquire some sakes skills, but seeing as the top earners work every day 10 hrs it's not realistic long term job. The commission has not changed since it opened 40+ yrs ago but cost of living has.
Jake Jabs is a genius
DESIGNER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 10, 2018
He has created a fantastic envrionment to make money and offers training programs to really allow people to land on their feet. There are upper management issues, that have been taken care of to my knowledge and there are a number of areas in which you can grow and even create job opportunities.
Place is a sweat shop!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2018
You get to work EVERY HOLIDAY, WEEKEND AND UNTIL 10PM! You are not allowed to sit down, unless on a timed break. You must keep walking, on concrete. Not allowed to use the elevator, must use stairs. Not allowed to talk to other employees while on the sales floor. Must clean store every night for free. You have an area that is inspected by a manager. Must answer phones for 30 minutes a day for free, while front cashiers look.at Facebook and giggle. They are hourly employees. If you do not make enough sales for commission, they pay a small draw, which they take back out of your next check!
Do not shop here, stuff is Vietnamese junk!!
Pros
Cons
Hours, management.
It was a bit stressful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 9, 2018
Retail sales work environment. Like working in a shark tank. Sales team was looked down upon by all other departments (as is usually the case) and work days could be very long if business was slow.
Management could be better trained
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 5, 2018
The management at the southwest location could have better training . Drama was too much and the moral was low. The company values were not shown at this location.To bad jake has great values.
Pros
Values
Cons
Management making their own values
High earnings potential, but lack of leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2018
Direct and advise consumers on home furniture and decor. Process orders and follow up when product was delivered.Cleaning and maintenance of storefront merchandise
Furniture sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 26, 2018
Good place to work and make money. Good benefits family owns.
Great culture. Management is good. Good coworkers and good customer service. Good product and best price.
good money
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 27, 2018
it requires a lot of walking. commission based only. good management. working schedule is not family oriented. work holidays and weekends. co-workers not always nice
Amazing Company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 19, 2018
American Furniture was an amazing place to work at, I enjoyed going to work and knew I would have a great day. Management was absolutely the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. The entire company, from ownership on down, was able to maintain a perfect balance between family and work. I hated having to leave, due to circumstances beyond my control I had to relocate. I would recommend AFW to anyone looking for great employment.
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 19, 2018
Good company to work for management is really good to learn and work for. I would recommend Ferguson Enterprises to friends and family for employment opportunities.
exciting with customers and their proyects
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 10, 2017
wait on any and all customers coming into the store, qualify their needs and wants and direct them and help them on their decision making. great product knowledge at the place when it comes to furniture. the most enjoyable part is to have a happy and satisfied customer
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
not flexible at work
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. Sincerely, AFW

sales maintaing area given to each and every salesperson
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2017
commission sales learning all the various different pieces of furniture maintain the area given to you and keeping it clean, tagging or retagging for different sales different shifts early or late
Pros
pay was good, nice surrondings
Cons
had to work weekends
First step into sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 25, 2017
The margin is about 35% above cost. Sales Associates receive 4% of the subtotal upon reception of the merchandise by the customer. So there is nothing on the sales floor which will make your day or week. You are trying to grind it out with 50 other sales people.
Laid back company with good benefits and good pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2017
My overall review of American Furniture Warehouse is good. I learned to be a good team player and engage and build rapport with customers. I also learned a number of clerical skills.The management was okay but I felt it needed to be a little more equality between departments. The culture was very upbeat and friendly with over 100 employees. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was being 100% commission and having inconsistent paychecks, but the most rewarding part of the job was being able to help people make beautiful homes with our selection of furniture.
Pros
Easy going, minimal supervision
Cons
working holidays and every weekend
Fun place to work great people poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305October 3, 2017
American Furniture Warehouse is a fun place to work but I ended up leaving because of new management. They would try into personal life that was not work related. Also, for job advancement they play a lot of favorites. They normally already have who they want but still allow other people to apply. You could point out issues and hostile environment but would tell you to move to a different department instead of fixing the issue.
no respect for workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 24, 2017
I would say this company has no respect for its workers. Its the lowest commission ever, 4%. They have over 80 salespeople.

If something goes wrong, its your fault. If something goes right, its because of the owner.

If they like you, you can get away with anything.

There is no upward mobility and your input is not welcomed.
Pros
Cons
management, corporate attitude, no rules
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 1, 2017
A typical day at work - tag and assembled furniture.
Management - was great, fun to work for.
Work place culture - was great and fun.
Hardest part of the job - is that they went out of business.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no longer in business
It is good
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 9, 2017
Overall not a bad place to work, fair pay decent benefits, worked here for going on two years and I would recommend it to anyone that does not mind retail and working holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

American Furniture Warehouse Reviews by Location