American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Relaxed and no pressure approach to sales.
SALES (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 30, 2019
Relaxed and no pressure approach to sales. It is a comfortable work environment with no sales quotas. Earning potential is unlimited based on individual effort.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
10+ hour days on hard cementy floors/working weekends and holidays
Great job
Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 10, 2018
You can make a lot at this job. The weekends get to you if you have a family, but the pay is amazing for what you do. No sales quotas, but in sales everything is your fault.
Pros
Low pressure sales
Cons
People running to management with problems rather than discussing
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

We're glad to hear that you had an overall positive experience at our organization. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us make AFW a better place. We wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

i would not recommend
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 15, 2017
i worked as a sales rep, and a friend of mine was fired because of a customer complaint. My friend said something along the lines of "nice weather we're having" and the customer somehow took that the wrong way and complained to corporate. My friend was fired the next day. The management sucks, they say its an open door policy but that just means they want a reason to fire you. All they care about is the money.
Pros
pay, benefits, food
Cons
everything else
No comment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2017
My experience at AFW is one Id rather forget as it was a very cut throat environment and poor management. The only positive thing was benefits which was helpful.
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our company. I am disappointed to hear that not all of your experiences have been positive with AFW. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees and please know that your comments are seen by the Human Resources department in order to help AFW improve as a company. Sincerely, AFW

Retail hours are the worst
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 5, 2017
Good company, good setup. The hours are what kill you. Saturday closing shift for sales is 10:45-10 PM at night every weekend. Not complaining too much because I know that many occupations work similar long hours but know what you are getting into beforehand.
Very lax work environment, great potnetial to grow, great way to accell your sales knowledge.
Sales Representative/Warehouse help (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 8, 2017
I would have to say American Furniture Warehouse is a great company to work for. Great management team, good money, and a very comfortable working environment!
Pros
100% commission
Cons
100% commission
sales associate
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907April 26, 2017
great co workers & management. a lot of walking. the most enjoyable part of my job is the smile on my customers face when they get a great deal on furniture and can create a beautiful setting for any room.
You are required to work every weekend and every holiday.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 9, 2017
Ok job if you don't have a family. Mandatory overtime. You must work phone duty with no pay, must clean the store for free. You can not talk to other employees unless in the break room or they will give you a review. You are required to buy an IPad , however they do not have any need for one. You can check stock with it. You still need to go to a desk top to key an order. Management staff are clueless.
Pros
You get paid every Friday
Cons
The job is a dead end-no future there.
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2016
My typical day, is working with customer coming in to buy for their home. I educate them on furniture, qualify them to see what they are looking for, brainstorm ideas for a specific room. Gratifying position by helping others envision possibilities in their home old or new.
Pros
I'm on my own to manage my time and be as productive as I want to be.
Cons
We get 4% of sales with no possibility of raise percentage in the future.