American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Very hostile environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 6, 2019
The guys that have been there are very rude. They dont train you properly. Management is a joke leads lack of leadership. It's not a fun place to work
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Coworkers
Threatening and deamenor work environment.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 25, 2019
Physically threatened by co-workers, management disregards these situations, employee's get drunk across the street at the Roadhouse and smoke weed in their car. Workers come to work under the influence of drugs and alcohol leading to unsatisfied customer service and giving out the wrong merchandise with attitude. Management needs revaluated, and workers need to be drug screened!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Co-workers, management, no overtime
Very poor management.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 7, 2018
It has been said before here. Favoritism here runs rampant. At least on the warehouse side. Be buddy, buddy with the warehouse manager and you will go far. Do your job the best you can, and you will held back. Lower managers are just as bad, it is like high school there. Be part of the club or get passed over. As for the general employees as in every company there are good and bad ones.
Pros
Higher pay then most companies
Cons
Leak of any real management, and favoritism with upper management.
Do NOT work at this Slaveship
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado SpringsNovember 5, 2018
Ran just like slavery. If you want to hate your life for a 15$ hour job than here you go. I got food poisoning from THEIR own cafe. So i had to call in because I was on the brink of death. When I called I was told I had to get a Dr note. It was a Sunday and no urgent cares or any doctor offices were open except the ER.. I am not going to wait 6 hours in the waiting room with no insurance yet, while I’m throwing up and the other thing at the same time every 15 minutes just so they end up telling me it’s food poising and to rest and get hydrated. So i didn’t go to the dr. I show up to work next day (still sick) and they have the nerve to tell me I should have gone to the Er and did not care that I got food posion from their own cafe. This place should be ashamed how they treat their employees
Pros
Cons
Management, and too much stuff to list
Work is easy but the management is horrible.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2018
The management and leads have got to be the worst I have worked for. If you do not wear a dark blue or yellow shirt you do not matter and your opinion doesn’t matter.
Pros
Easy money, benefits
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 12, 2018
There was always work to be done, my days went by fast. the hours were good for my schedule, management was pretty good. I really liked the people I worked with.
Overworked and underpaid
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 24, 2018
Management is horrible and doesn't even try to help/work with you. Every worker there works hard and not even for the cost of what they pay you which ends up affecting everyone there.
Terrible Job not worth it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 13, 2018
Management has no respect for the little guy, they walk over you and act like you are lazy even though they don't give you your breaks and sometimes make you work through lunches. They are constantly on witch hunts. This company is really the worst.
Pros
15 an hour
Cons
if you gave me a year I couldn't list all the cons.
tough but fun workplace
Warehouse Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CONovember 2, 2017
Some days can be slow and some can be hard and fast. Most of the departments are working on minimal hands and can sometimes end up being short-handed some days. This means workdays can get hard and stressful but otherwise work here is good and steady full time work. Management sometimes treated like didn't know how to do my job or like I didn't know that something I was already working on needed to be worked on. Work days usually went by fast though with steady work.
Pros
Exercise Room, Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
No overtime, Understaffed departments
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances to the appropriate supervisor. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback, AFW

Great place for experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 18, 2017
They are always looking forward canidates to come in and learn the full aspects of the job. Great customer base and much experienced gained through management
Fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJune 12, 2017
Anybody wanting a laid back but fast paced job this is the place long as you get all your work done then you can easily work off the day on your time.
Worst job I've ever worked for.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 9, 2017
youre required to work with horrible management that will NOT have your back when there is an angry customer yelling in your face, everyone working there is only working there because the pay is good and benefits are great, this job will suck the soul out of you. If you're ready to get used and stepped all over then apply for this job :)
Great job
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 3, 2017
I do a lot of inventory and deliveries. I love how i get to challenge myself everyday and look forward to moving up in this company. I have become lift certified and box truck certified.
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2017
Good company to work for hours flexible and room to grow upper management easy to work for they take really good care of there employees.
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

great place to work
Receiving Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 2, 2015
a typical day would be unloading furniture from the trucks. I've learned that not everyone has the same work ethics and also coworkers learn at different paces and different ways. A little patience goes a long way. Co-workers at American Furniture are really easy going and great to work with. The hardest part of the job I would have to say being short handed and having so many trucks to unload. But even then the only thing we can do is buckle down and get the job done as best we can. Management is great about getting help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the day is the great atmosphere and work environment coming off the co-workers and managers and the fact that there is a gym is a big plus.
Best job that I have had.
Warehouse Associate Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CODecember 18, 2013
Great people.
Good pay.
Good benefits.
Excellent management.
Overall excellent company to work for.
Pros
All pros.
Cons
No cons.
Review
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 8, 2012
Great place to get experience as a manager and employees can be as good as you coach them to be. Lots of oppurtunity to move up and a great atmosphere.
Pros
good stable job
Cons
no formal review in regards to raises