American Furniture Warehouse Culture reviews

They have great starting pay!
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CO 80229May 14, 2019
I worked with this company for 6 years. The pay was great and I felt valued and respected. I was able to form close relationships with my coworkers and felt it was a supportive team environment.
Great Place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 16, 2019
I really enjoyed my time here, lots a really great people. Managers are great, you get to meet a lot of cool people including customers. the store brings in so many people you are really always busy if you choose to be.
Pros
No cap on commission
Cons
Not knowing what your next paycheck will be
Horrible Management.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 2, 2019
Horrible management. Company policies are not follow. Favoritism between managers and certain employees. No support/guidance from upper management. Poor work environment. CEO very old school, not up with the times of current competitive work-places. Hostile work environment. Bullying from management. Warehouse managers do not help coach employees into doing correctly, starting paper-trails with written reviews is their solution to get employee out and try again with a new hire. Hardest part of the job is wanting to even try because nobody cares to pull their weight. Nothing enjoyable of job. Daily headaches from lack of support, outstanding pressure and hostile work environment. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
You have to be in the right "clique" to have guidance, learn, progress, or move up. Otherwise you're just another expendable person.
Good company
Customer Service Manager and Sales (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 10, 2018
Grass roots and a great job with great security. Work life balance is not great as there are minimal paid holidays. Good benefits and great culture, lots of good community outreach.
Productive workplace with poor management
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 20, 2018
The workplace culture is very poor with a low work/life balance. Much is expected of management with little leadership, limited resources, no vision, poor planning.
Favoritism and setting morals aside looking the other way is key
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
Unfortunately management is oblivious and let's his minions make major decisions and has let a culture of covert bullying and handles problems like a ostrich. There is no loyalty to hard working employees only to those who fit in to the inner circle. Members of management abuse there positions customer service manager spend most of her time face booking service shop lead gets paid to do his home work and steels supply's the safety manager gets drunk on the job. Sexual harassment among the warehouse employees runs ramped and no mind is paid wile those who are truly dedicated get squeezed out because they don't fit in. God forbid you take a stand or go to management they will find a way to fire you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management and work culture
Good company too work for!
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2018
I enjoyed working for this place and I would have loved to continue working their. It's a great place to work and the managers are very helpful. There was always people their to help you whenever you needed help.
Pros
Cons
Pay is not very good
Great pay
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMay 18, 2018
Great pay, varying schedules. Alot of competition to advance. Great training anf incentives. Company is growing and expanding rapidly and the owner activley participates in the culture of the company.
Furniture sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 26, 2018
Good place to work and make money. Good benefits family owns.
Great culture. Management is good. Good coworkers and good customer service. Good product and best price.
Stressful Workplace
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 5, 2018
A typical day at work is fun majority of the time. Other times is stressful. I learned how to communicate with other associates and managers. Management are really easy to talk to and take care of things that are a problem very quickly. The workplace culture, depends on where and who youre working with. Everyone has a different taste of how they do things and you learn what they learn and its a good place to be social though. The hardest part of the job is when unloading these trailers, I see so many people standing around while I'm doing most of the work. Struggling to get stuff done so I can leave on time.
Pros
guarentted 38 to 40 hours a week with possible raises
Cut-throat
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 8, 2018
Cut-throat commission sales.. I don't recommend this company to any one. management is partial to long time associates and riding the sales staff to produce more
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
April 3, 2018

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our company. I am really sorry to hear that you have had some negative experiences here at AFW. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees and your comments were shared with our Human Resources department in order to help AFW improve as a company. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you, AFW

Laid back company with good benefits and good pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 13, 2017
My overall review of American Furniture Warehouse is good. I learned to be a good team player and engage and build rapport with customers. I also learned a number of clerical skills.The management was okay but I felt it needed to be a little more equality between departments. The culture was very upbeat and friendly with over 100 employees. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was being 100% commission and having inconsistent paychecks, but the most rewarding part of the job was being able to help people make beautiful homes with our selection of furniture.
Pros
Easy going, minimal supervision
Cons
working holidays and every weekend
it all depends on the location
Sales Associate and trainer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 8, 2017
great place to work but its all based on the effort you put in to suceed, great for those who have strong work ethics and are looking for a place where you are given the tools to make a good income
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 12, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time of employment with AFW. They are a wonderful and caring company to work for. They provide an excellent benefit package and the ability to move up within the company.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful managment
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 1, 2017
A typical day at work - tag and assembled furniture.
Management - was great, fun to work for.
Work place culture - was great and fun.
Hardest part of the job - is that they went out of business.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
no longer in business
DELIVERY DRIVER/SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 31, 2017
Awesome Job to have, I worked in delivery and every day was a new day and was very enjoyable. Compensation for work was great and would work there again.
Great Environment and People
Delivery Prep Assistant Supervisor/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 23, 2017
By far one of the best companies i have had the pleasure working for, theres room for advancement, great pay, great benefits, and great people. What more could you ask for
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
sales associate
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907April 26, 2017
great co workers & management. a lot of walking. the most enjoyable part of my job is the smile on my customers face when they get a great deal on furniture and can create a beautiful setting for any room.
friendly and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 23, 2017
I loved working there. The managers and other employees were amazing to work for. They were always willing to jump in and help when needed. The customer was always our main priority.
good people
Deliver Driver/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 31, 2017
it was always a good time working for that warehouse . people were good the culture was good and was always different what we did so that made it better
Pros
easy fridays all the time
Cons
sometimes the weather sucked to deliver
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight