American Furniture Warehouse Culture reviews

Great Environment and People
Delivery Prep Assistant Supervisor/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 23, 2017
By far one of the best companies i have had the pleasure working for, theres room for advancement, great pay, great benefits, and great people. What more could you ask for
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
sales associate
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80907April 26, 2017
great co workers & management. a lot of walking. the most enjoyable part of my job is the smile on my customers face when they get a great deal on furniture and can create a beautiful setting for any room.
friendly and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 23, 2017
I loved working there. The managers and other employees were amazing to work for. They were always willing to jump in and help when needed. The customer was always our main priority.
good people
Deliver Driver/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 31, 2017
it was always a good time working for that warehouse . people were good the culture was good and was always different what we did so that made it better
Pros
easy fridays all the time
Cons
sometimes the weather sucked to deliver
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

Okay Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Working here was fun i loved helping customers. the only problem working here was that everyone is so competitive over nothing but each others look, in which that was not professional.
Pros
Learning each day
Cons
Not enough pay
Official response from American Furniture Warehouse
February 28, 2017

We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

Would've been better if management actually did their jobs.
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2017
I liked working here in the beginning. I enjoyed the people I worked with minus a certain few. Our store manager was under par. I am wave certified and lift certified. The store ran pretty smoothly when the store manager was not around. I learned every department within the store with only some sales training. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my co-workers. They were awesome.
Pros
Healthcare, enjoyable co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Fun workplace for motivated individuals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 21, 2016
You're basically your own boss. You have to be self motivated but it is a fun place to work and management and training is amazing. The hardest part about the job was being required to work weekends.
great paying job and a fun place to work
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 27, 2016
American Furniture Warehouse is a good place to work. The sales people are nice and also the warehouse team. The pay is exceptional and they also have benefits available.
Great
Greeter and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 26, 2016
Good place to work, benefits, weekly pay. Colorado owned, Management is ok, you must train yourself, or rely on your co-workers. Enjoyed selling furniture to customers, and making them happy.
productive and a great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 9, 2016
Great place to work at , managers are also great . love working in sales get to meet a lot of people that's what I enjoy the most , helping others .
My Review
Puller (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 22, 2016
I would clock in at 1:30 every day, I learned how to use a scanner. The management there was great, great group of guys, and whenever I needed help,they were quick to helping me out. My co-workers that works there still I am still friends with. Cool and great people. The hardest part of the job was maybe reversing into the upstairs of the warehousing building with my puller being over 15 feet in the air. I enjoyed everything there for real, by far the best job I've ever been.
Pros
I could sit anywhere doing lunch.
Cons
Had to pay for lunch there and it was expensive .
Great work place
warehouse worker/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2016
Great coworkers along with great management. Learned many different certifications. The hardest part of the job was having all the customers come to pick there stuff up at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was going on delivery.
Designer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work. Great pay. Steady schedule. Get to be creative. Great company to work for. Not very many complaints.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Tiring
Great compensation with a lot of walking
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 13, 2015
Enjoyable place to work and meet people from all around the world. If you enjoy being on your feet for 10-13 hours a day it is a great place to work. Walking was one of the best parts of my job.
Pros
Exercise and pay
Cons
14 hour days
confusing and rude
Customer Pick up/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 21, 2015
training was not training. Picking favorites. not working as a team. only allowed to speak coworkers that were in your pay grade. Non family oriented. I learned how not to treat others like they we beneath me.
the hardest part of the job was being dropped in a department with no training, and when asked for help was not available.
the most enjoyable aspect of the job is when the customers come in and ask for you by your name. Also when they let you know that you are doing a great job and you are the reason that they are doing business there.
it was ok
Front Office Associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 2, 2015
it was ok but didn't like all the politics involved. would be a great place to work if you fit in. pay is good and great benefits, but stay away from the politics
Competitive Sales - Not For Me
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 9, 2015
I was a sales associate for this company, working with customers in the store and over the phone to ensure they have a satisfactory experience.

I learned about being in sales and having more continuous and follow-up communication with customers.

Management was mostly unseen and unheard from unless there was a problem to be dealt with, unfortunately.

Some of my co-worker were difficult to form good professional relationships with due to the high amount of competition in sales.

The hardest part of this job for me was being a salesperson. In this position I discovered that I am uncomfortable in a sales position that requires me to pressure customers and fight co-workers for my income.

The most enjoyable parts of this job were the hours and ability to separate my work life from my home life. It was also nice to be active and constantly working on tasks throughout the day - I never felt bored!
Pros
Hours, flexible scheduling, active work environment
Cons
Unseen, overly negative management, competitive environment, pressure selling
great place to work
Receiving Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 2, 2015
a typical day would be unloading furniture from the trucks. I've learned that not everyone has the same work ethics and also coworkers learn at different paces and different ways. A little patience goes a long way. Co-workers at American Furniture are really easy going and great to work with. The hardest part of the job I would have to say being short handed and having so many trucks to unload. But even then the only thing we can do is buckle down and get the job done as best we can. Management is great about getting help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the day is the great atmosphere and work environment coming off the co-workers and managers and the fact that there is a gym is a big plus.
A great place to work.
Wood Tech (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 10, 2014
It is a wonderful company. They do whatever it take to make work very productive and fun. The best place to work.
good income potential
Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 16, 2013
Enjoyable to work for a company that offers best value for home furnishings and accessories, helping people to create a better home environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight