American Furniture Warehouse Pay & Benefits reviews

The greatest place i ever worked at
Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 5, 2019
Hands down this is one of the greatest place i have ever work at. first off all the proper trianing you get when you start, they dont miss any details with you. then you have your 3 month raises every 3 month you have a chance for a raise. Coworkers are just the best to work with too. one thing that AFW loves is saftey first
Pros
raises every 3 month
Cons
30 min break
Fun place to work if you like commission work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 26, 2019
Potential of making a lot of money, meet lots of people, off to days during the week back to back it split days off up to you, weekends and holidays mandatory except Easter, Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Cons
Working every weekend and holiday
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSApril 17, 2019
Other than the production manager its the best place to work in north Mississippi, factory wise. But I loved my job, other than the racial remarks made by PM.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of Leadership
Good environment. Fair expectations. Fair wage.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 11, 2019
I am very happy with AFW overall. In my experience, you show up, on time, do your job, treat others well and you will do fine here. Benefits are great. AFW pays about 70% of my health ins. premium. Quarterly raises if you do your job. At least $1 per year, usually more. They hire for various dept's from within. Heck, delivery drivers make $60,000 per year! I highly recommend AFW.
Pros
too many to list.
Cons
no overtime
Reasonable goals but does not really have a value for employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 18, 2019
American furniture is a great place to acquire some sakes skills, but seeing as the top earners work every day 10 hrs it's not realistic long term job. The commission has not changed since it opened 40+ yrs ago but cost of living has.
Unstable environment
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 14, 2019
The company as a whole is decent, you get benefits, earn vacation and sick time off. Different store locations are run differently depending on the manager. As for Aurora, you never know what mood you'll be walking into. When it's good, it's ok. When it's bad, it's being put down, threatened, and demoralizing. Most employees try to steer clear of the main manager due to the hostile nature of encounters. Most of the co-workers are fine hard-working people.
Benefits
Cons
Poor managers
My work day
SALES (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 5, 2019
Very relaxed environment, easy to talk to people and make sales.
Enjoyed interacting with others, the day was always interesting.
The hardest part, I think were the mandatory holidays to work.
No comp time or overtime offered for working holidays
The company is always training to make sure you understood the products to help with the sale.
For me the hardest part of the job was the slow days, being on commission that was tough and we could not go home.
Working like this caused us go into draw especially during the holidays.
What I enjoyed most where my customers, I really liked what I did.
Pros
No scheduled lunches or breaks.
Cons
Commission rate was 4% and no incentives for increase.
The work place was decent. The people there were rude, the management were rude as well.
Roller (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSFebruary 18, 2019
The pay was alright, would I work there again. Only if I had to, the work place was not the best. There very few breaks, and the breaks were short. The management were always upset.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, mean people, nasty work area
One man work expectancy
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Arapahoe, COJanuary 26, 2019
Do not like work there furniture was heavy than most for one person the keeping track of how many orders you complete determines your raise that they say should be giving very 3 months
Pros
Poor lunches
Cons
Got off early enough
Fast paced got to be productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 14, 2018
Like any employee I had my ups and downs but it takes away from family time and family is important the pay was great drivers are paid commission so that means you can work for hours
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Bad management not enough communication
Poor Management
Furniture Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COOctober 25, 2018
I've been working for Afw for years now and honestly if you want to move up or get a raise you will have to suck up to the boss. You are always being watched by management and by your Co workers. If there was any common sense in management it would make work life a whole lot better, They give everyone weekends off and complain why nothing gets done on the weekends, everyone who has been here for years now and making atleast 18-20 dollars an hour are probably going to get capped soon since the starting wage is now 18 an hour and all those years working are basically gone now since they dont give raises anymore due to management not making more than 23-25 an hour.
Pros
Benefits, Ceo
Cons
Management, Horrible Scheduling, No Common Sense, Favoritism
Great Place to work with competitive pay.
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 20, 2018
Great company to grow in and move up in the company. Very good benefits. Good people to work with and help you learn about the furniture business. Good competitive pay.
Good company
Customer Service Manager and Sales (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 10, 2018
Grass roots and a great job with great security. Work life balance is not great as there are minimal paid holidays. Good benefits and great culture, lots of good community outreach.
Work is easy but the management is horrible.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 23, 2018
The management and leads have got to be the worst I have worked for. If you do not wear a dark blue or yellow shirt you do not matter and your opinion doesn’t matter.
Pros
Easy money, benefits
good enviroment
Customer Check In Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 19, 2018
American furniture warehouse is good company to work for they have great benefits, people are great i got my 4 year customer service skills from my position.
This Job depends on your attitude
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 8, 2018
I worked for AFW going on 3 years. It’s a great job, it really is. You get paid weekly. Not hard to accrue vacation time, sick time and personal days. Hours are long like any job. The training is GREAT! Doing it right the first time is a great business model to live by in life. This job is dependent on your attitude. You get out of it what you put into it. Don’t focus on anybody else. Be positive and you will do great!
Pros
Furniture Prices make it easy to sell equals good pay
Cons
Lots of co workers to compete with, work every weekend
Funnest Job I've Ever had
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 25, 2018
If this company would have budged even slightly on their work hours for me to finish my college education I would probably still be working there. The management and employees are all joyful and concerned with you, their is availability of advancement, especially if you have a formal degree, it just didn't happen to work out like I would've wanted it to. No complaints with the company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay and work/life balance.
Cons
Not much room for the advancement you want without the education.
Unsat conditions and poor management
Delivery driver to furniture loader (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 19, 2018
Management had no communication or leadership skills. The job was relatively easy, but no room for error. Management literally compared us to robots and expected us to act as such. Contingency was a foreign language to this company, protocol was unheard of. Workplace conditions were horrific.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
management, workplace conditions, constant denied PTO
It’s a furniture factory
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Ecru, MSJuly 17, 2018
Show up do your job get payed go home and survive the layoff time of year. Save your money from the busy time of year for the slow time of year. Overall decent place to work.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Pay is good, everything else needs work.
Deluxer/Delivery prep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
Ever heard of the term; too many chiefs and not enough Indians? Paycheck is nice. But management has a hard time appreciating their employees. They very quick to let you know when you messed up. But getting them to tell you good job after a busy day of work is unheard of
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Managers, scheduled days off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight