American Furniture Warehouse Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work, with Great pay
Front Office Lead and Cashier/ Financing (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 16, 2017
This is a great place to work. They pay well even starting. Everyone is treated equally, and you can count on the same schedule weekly, so that planning and a family can work together.
Pros
Discounts and paid time off, sick or vacation
Cons
Weekends and holidays
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW! Sincerely, AFW

Stager
Lift operator and Staging (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2017
Not the great of all places to work at but still did it for 4 years. Management was ok not the best and could do better had to leave because I moved to California or else I would still be there.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
25 cent raises
April 3, 2018

We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. Sincerely, AFW

Great Benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZNovember 8, 2017
They give you good benefits and you continue to accrue vacation and sick time. You have the ability to move forward in a position and they show recognition for your hard work.

tough but fun workplace
Warehouse Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Firestone, CONovember 2, 2017
Some days can be slow and some can be hard and fast. Most of the departments are working on minimal hands and can sometimes end up being short-handed some days. This means workdays can get hard and stressful but otherwise work here is good and steady full time work. Management sometimes treated like didn't know how to do my job or like I didn't know that something I was already working on needed to be worked on. Work days usually went by fast though with steady work.
Pros
Exercise Room, Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
No overtime, Understaffed departments
April 3, 2018

We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve, so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances to the appropriate supervisor. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback, AFW

Great Private Company to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 1, 2017
If you are a hard working individual, this is a great place to work. Some positions are hourly, and others are commission, but all have full benefits. You work hard, but you can make a very comfortable living.
Pros
Full benefits, good pay
Cons
Busy season can be very demanding
April 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member of our organization! I’m glad to hear that you enjoy the wage and the overall atmosphere within the company. We strive to offer our team members a competitive pay and benefits package and are always looking for ways to improve. Sincerely, AFW

Its a great place to learn about furniture to get started
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSOctober 5, 2017
I've learned a lot about furniture from the frame all the way to sending the furniture and its parts. I don't believe I've been given a decent salary for the work I've put into the company but I have had a lot of great co workers and some supervision.
Retail hours are the worst
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 5, 2017
Good company, good setup. The hours are what kill you. Saturday closing shift for sales is 10:45-10 PM at night every weekend. Not complaining too much because I know that many occupations work similar long hours but know what you are getting into beforehand.
Great Company
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 12, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time of employment with AFW. They are a wonderful and caring company to work for. They provide an excellent benefit package and the ability to move up within the company.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful managment
Cons
Very productive and easy going people .
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work . Good benntifits Also. I loved my job. I would deffiently go to work there again . I had a amazing supervisor. And I always done my very best . All the work I did was fast pace . I running welp .
Pros
Food stand . For lunch
Cons
Health care an dental
Very lax work environment, great potnetial to grow, great way to accell your sales knowledge.
Sales Representative/Warehouse help (Former Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 8, 2017
I would have to say American Furniture Warehouse is a great company to work for. Great management team, good money, and a very comfortable working environment!
Pros
100% commission
Cons
100% commission
DELIVERY DRIVER/SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 31, 2017
Awesome Job to have, I worked in delivery and every day was a new day and was very enjoyable. Compensation for work was great and would work there again.
Great Environment and People
Delivery Prep Assistant Supervisor/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 23, 2017
By far one of the best companies i have had the pleasure working for, theres room for advancement, great pay, great benefits, and great people. What more could you ask for
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
It is good
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 9, 2017
Overall not a bad place to work, fair pay decent benefits, worked here for going on two years and I would recommend it to anyone that does not mind retail and working holidays
gym provided
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJune 12, 2017
I would work 4 days out of the week, 10-11hr shifts per day. Everything was good, the only bad part about this job was the walking.There was slow days, and on these days the day just seemed like it was never going to end. What I liked about this job was being able to learn about furniture, I learned stuff that I didn't know. Overall it was a good experience, and the managers were a great help!
Pros
we had free food on some days
Cons
short breaks, 30 min for lunch
Great work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 11, 2017
One of the best jobs I had but when I worked here gas was 5.00gallon and at the time I didn't have my own car and had pay someone take me Burlington to Greensboro
Pros
Free lunch on saturday
Cons
Worst job I've ever worked for.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COJune 9, 2017
youre required to work with horrible management that will NOT have your back when there is an angry customer yelling in your face, everyone working there is only working there because the pay is good and benefits are great, this job will suck the soul out of you. If you're ready to get used and stepped all over then apply for this job :)
American Furniture Warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMay 26, 2017
I worked a short time at American Furniture Warehouse, not much room to grow with a set pay at 13.00 dollars an hour but enjoyed learning inventory and unloading furniture and stalking the furniture into its scanned location. I had to quit to find a job that paid better income.
Furniture place
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSMay 12, 2017
Bag up furniture was the hardest job I ever had! It was fun but hard. I like fast pace work but not that fast. They paid 8.00 the pay was too low for me too keep doing it.
Good work place
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 1, 2017
Like to help people move thing very polite people good an grate tips when being a mover no one slacked got the job done also helped consumer display things
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long breaks
It alright,not the greatest
Customer Pickup/ Lead (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COApril 28, 2017
This is a good place to work if you need a job. Not a lot of chance for advancement, managers sometimes suck, but the job itself isn't too bad. Very steady work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight