American Furniture Warehouse Pay & Benefits reviews

Compensated for your work
DOT certified driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2017
A good place to work, full time only. Delivery is very physical in nature, but once adjusted it is very manageable. Honest labor for an honest earning.
This job was very nice place too work for!
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2017
I rarely had any problems with this company. There were always people wiling too help you whenever you needed help. It was a great company too work for. The job was alittle stressful espically when they got really busy. Other than that it was a nice place to work for.
Pros
Long lunch break!
Cons
Short breaks!
February 28, 2017

Thank you for reaching out and leaving feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

good people
Deliver Driver/ Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJanuary 31, 2017
it was always a good time working for that warehouse . people were good the culture was good and was always different what we did so that made it better
Pros
easy fridays all the time
Cons
sometimes the weather sucked to deliver
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors. Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

alot of hours
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ecru, MSJanuary 15, 2017
its a good place to work for to get a check you have multiple tasks to do and thats ok for me because i do what i need to do in order to keep my job.Overall theres alot of lazy people there and alot of favoritetisom there
February 28, 2017

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and being a team member with our company. I am disappointed to hear that not all of your experiences have been positive with AFW. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all our employees and please know that your comments are seen by the Human Resources department in order to help AFW improve as a company. We also encourage you, and any other employee, to report grievances. Please consult your Personal Policy Manual and follow the steps in order for us to help us make AFW a better place to work. Thank you, LaRae Richards.

Great place to work if you aren't a desk type person
Designer/Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2017
I loved creating showrooms and displays. You were constantly on your toes with the fast pace and changes every day. I didn't like the drama with working with so many different people and felt like the managers didn't have control of some situations. Some departments did more than other departments. I would work for them again.
Pros
Fast work day and something new every day.
Cons
Back stabbing and poor benefits.
February 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and I'm glad to hear that you had a positive experience here at AFW. I wish you the best of luck in your new role and your future endeavors . Sincerely, LaRae Richards.

great paying job and a fun place to work
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 27, 2016
American Furniture Warehouse is a good place to work. The sales people are nice and also the warehouse team. The pay is exceptional and they also have benefits available.
Great
Greeter and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 26, 2016
Good place to work, benefits, weekly pay. Colorado owned, Management is ok, you must train yourself, or rely on your co-workers. Enjoyed selling furniture to customers, and making them happy.
Great work enviroment and alot of positive people there
Puller/Lift operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2016
Great place to work at and grow within. Great opportunities to take care of your family. If you can get in, I advise you doing it. This opportunity changed my life, and it can change you too.
Pros
Family feeling, Job security, Benefits
Cons
sometime poor management calls
fun job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 15, 2016
This was a very physically demanding job. But in the end it was worth it. the pay was not the best but if your willing to work even harder the bonus is worth it,
Pros
ok healthcare
Cons
travel
Decent workplace but bad management and selfish sales associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2016
Overall, AFW is a decent place to work but the management does not do their jobs. They play favorites more often than should be allowed, and the favorite people are the only ones that ever get what they need/want and get away with way more than should ever be allowed. Most of the management that I came into contact with was pretty nice, but they are never really on the same page and it makes the store kind of inefficient when you have four managers all telling you different things. All the sales people want to do is sit around and gossip about each other, whine how they don't make enough money, and steal other people's sales. Out of about 50 sales associates, there's maybe five honest ones that have actual integrity. All they care about at the end of the day is their own paycheck, not how they just screwed somebody else out of their own money. This is a 100% commission sales job, so if somebody steals your sale, you don't get paid no matter how much work you put into it. And when it's brought up to management, there is usually nothing that gets done about it.
Pros
Paid training, choose when you go on break, decent benefits
Cons
Incompetent management, sales people are greedy, required to work every weekend/holiday, long/late hours
Nice place to Shop not Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2016
There is no typical day of work, your always having management on your case, because someone returned an item because it did not match their color in their room, or it was the wrong size, yes we the sales person forgot to read the customers mind, come on grow up, the customer still gets charged for returning it(15%) . It is a up systems> customers go to who ever they would like to have them help them, if they choose you , if you have to answer the phone or even turn around, your so called Co-Workers will approach your customer and when you return, the Co-Worker will tell you they worked with your guest a week ago, but when the customer approached you in the beginning they never asked for that Co-Worker, so there really is not a Typical day.
Management walks around taking picture of you and your area to make sure your not just standing around talking to your so called Co-Workers ,your suppose to be cleaning at all times when your not with a guest. The hardest part of a sales job is keeping Management away from you, if you can do that, you can actually make money. The most enjoyable time there is Friday's when you get paid.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management is Horrible
Unorganized
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 18, 2016
They really need to decide who is what. What I mean by that is that they have to many people walking around with yellow shirts. At any random time can someone in this shirt tell you to do something and even though you have no clue to who they are, according to the rules you would need to do what they ask just because they are in a yellow shirt. Don't get me started about someone being in a red shirt! They need some order and they need it fast.......I mean fast! This place is a nightmare, a true one. For truck drivers the supervisors are even worst. If you are a truck driver don't no, no, DO NOT APPLY. They treat you like garbage. It is so bad that when you go to apply for unemployment from them they will automatically approve you. This is how many people they get rid of.
Pros
Nice trucks, and good benefits
Cons
Unorganized
A fast growing company with an outdated business mentality
Corporate Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COFebruary 23, 2016
AFW is a company that has successfully developed a niche market in the furniture industry, and has grown vastly over a short period of time to become a strong contender in the market. The company is lacking for new-aged management and business development, which will not hurt the company in terms of long term standing, but serve to limit its continued growth.
Many entry level employees are treated as disposable, incompetent, or irrelevant to company development. The company offers slightly higher wages than many of its competitors, but the training is lacking at best, and the advancement of employees is based primarily on personal preference and appeal from upper management, not on skills for the position.
Turn over rates in almost every department are steady, and many skilled leaders and knowledgeable employees have been denied advancement opportunities, so that other candidates with a personal appeal to the hiring manager could fill the position.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, comfortable environment
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, High employment turnover, Menial Management development
Dreary atmosphere with more work than is compensated for
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 25, 2016
Very good job if you are single, very very fit and are willing to be at work most of your life. I never had any free time and the pay was less than the hours you put in. Its very hard to get trained as they are all on a tight schedule.
Pros
paid to work out
Cons
deal with irritabe customers/coworkers all day and long long long hours
Sales
Sales (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 16, 2016
My typical day, is working with customer coming in to buy for their home. I educate them on furniture, qualify them to see what they are looking for, brainstorm ideas for a specific room. Gratifying position by helping others envision possibilities in their home old or new.
Pros
I'm on my own to manage my time and be as productive as I want to be.
Cons
We get 4% of sales with no possibility of raise percentage in the future.
ping
Furnace repair (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2015
fun work place with good benefits ; is big company;for your first time you find most co worker their to help you
i good experience for me
Cool co-workers
Front Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 7, 2015
As most companies, this company promotes individuals who should not be in a manager position.
Must work late nights/weekends. Be careful who you trust.
Be prepared to deal with angry customers
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks, benefits
If you love people and don't mind relying on commission only, this is a great place to work
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 30, 2015
Enjoyed selling furniture to the public. I knew nothing about furniture sales prior to this but education is provided. You must work weekends and most holidays. It is commission only. It is the best commission only sales job you could ever have because the furniture really sells itself. The integrity of this company (compared to other furniture sales) is what kept me there for 2 years.
Pros
good management, hassle free, if you work, you make the money
Cons
commission only, pay check varies
Great Company, Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 23, 2015
Worked here for a little over 9 months. The job itself is very easy. Potential to earn alot of commission if you bust your hump. Draw back system is wack. New management every 6 months. Doesn't reward for good behavior only punishes for bad. Great training program though.
Pros
Work at your own pace, Potential to earn Alot, great training program
Cons
work 50-60+ hrs a week, terrible management, Lot of Walking
Challenges in management being organized.
OTR/Transfer Driver (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 15, 2015
My time here has been one of realizing that there are challenges in management. They are not consistently supportive of the drivers and we never are totally prepared for what is to come next.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
compensation and leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight