American Furniture Warehouse Employee Review

View all American Furniture Warehouse reviews

They play favorites
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2019
Do not work here. You don’t do good unless you are a top seller and bend the rules all the time. Employees that do well “stack” constantly and when you call them out on it management doesn’t care. The hours are garbage and honestly when you aren’t doing good there is NO training they do to help the struggling. They don’t care about tour personal life at all. Your kid ends up in the emergency room they still expect you to come in for your shift. Commission only and they expect you to work on all holidays and even come in and work even if it’s your day off. They don’t pay you anything on holidays they are closed.
Cons

Other American Furniture Warehouse Employee Reviews

great place with great pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 13, 2019
Every position at AFW is paid fairly. It’s a fast-paced BUSY store. Most of the employees have been there for years! One of the best employers in the Springs in my experience. Personally, I would have loved to have stayed but the hours for the Sales team are pretty tough...but if we hustled, there was A LOT of money to be made!
The environment is full of bitter gossips
N/A (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2019
Englewood has some of the most gossiping narcissists I've come to know , they dont get poor problems and constantly remind you of your short comings. Intentionally sabotaging or undermining a coworker’s performance
Giving a coworker constant and unwarranted criticism. I try to succeed but was told I wasn't capable. Now I'm stuck in a place where I'm either ignored or alienated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Furniture Warehouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight