American Girl Place Employee Reviews

Retail Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2018
I loved it! It was a fun place to work, great concept for kids. Management for the most part was very supportive and showed their appreciation to employees.
Fun
CAFE HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017March 16, 2018
-Your day is usually fast paced
-Diffuse tense situations
-Cover people's shifts when asked
-Handle large parties
-Check patients as then come in
-Create seating charts
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
The hardest part of the job was trying to give a child a wonderful experience when a parent would ruin it for there child not knowing that the every child has it's own imagination.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
It's overcrowded
Seasonal/Temporary work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2017
I only worked for American Girl Place Chicago for a little over a month. The time I worked there, I loved it! I grew up with American Girl dolls, so working there, for me, was a dream come true! I enjoyed helping customers find the perfect doll for the child, as well as helping them navigate through Chicago!
Pros
Customers, Relaxed, Nice Co Workers
Cons
Short Time, Cut Hours
productive and fun work place
Runner/Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2017
Everybody is kind and makes you feel happy to be apart of the team. The pay for a runner isn't that great but the environment and consistent help from management you'll soon feel comfortable in your roll.
did dolls hair
Doll Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2017
I enjoyed making little girls happy with my skills. This was the most fun I had at a job in my life. The position was easy the environment was a positive one as well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2017
One of the best jobs I've had, great work ethic. Excellent employee benefits although can be a little stressful at times, great management team willing to go the extra mile for staff as well as customers.
Pros
Great benefits, great work life balance
Cons
None available
awesome place to work
Sales Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2017
if you like working with children, this is the place for you. fun and awesome people to work with. it is easy job and fun when it comes down to working in this retail. it is easy going and I love it
Pros
children are fun to work with
Cons
sometimes it slow pace
Fun Workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
If looking for something different, then this is the place! Typical day at work is fun and always different. Most days will come with a lot of surprise regardless if you're on the floor or register. Management is very professional, looking for great work for promotions. Working there will guide you through a lot of different experiences.
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2017
Overall American Girl Place was an amazing place to work. I spent almost 3 years of my life there, made many friends and learned a lot of things that can carry me to another job.
Pros
Open Discussions With Management
Cons
N/a
hair stylist customer service
Hair Stylist, Customer Service, Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10017July 5, 2017
it was an amazing experience working there
interacting with customers specially with the little girls picking out their dolls and hair dressing them
putting a smile on their face and also with the help of their families
they leave happy
The most fun part at work
Cashier/ Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2017
I was a cashier/ sales at this job. It was fun because we worked a lot with girls from all ages. I was happy to see how happy and exciting it was to get their first doll. It was fun because we got to interact more with the kids and their parents.
Productive and fun working place
Seasonal Guest Services/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2017
The environment was amazing. The managers are great to their associates. My coworkers made work fun and relaxing.The customers are fun and enjoyable to be around.
Not a great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2016
I did not like working here. This is a horrible place to work at. The management was very very bad and I would never ever work for this company again.
Working for American Girl Place Los Angeles.
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 26, 2016
Overall American Girl Place/ Mattel, has been a good company to work for. Working as a Loss Prevention agent for this company is more customer service oriented. Its not a typical L.P. environment like working for Robinsons May but its less intense. We hardly see any action in the shoplifting side of the L.P. job. When I first started working for AGPLA, the store had lots of customer traffic. But in the last couple of years, the traffic has been decreasing.
For the most part, my coworkers have been good employees and very fast learners in picking up the concept of the L.P. job. For the others, they were here just a short time because they were either caught stealing or violated company policies.
The hardest part of the job.........not really. Just with the parking situation at the Grove. Employees have to pay for parking or park far away from the store.
The most enjoyable part of the Job is when we escort celebrities or heads of state. I had the pleasure of meeting Al Pachino..... cool.
Pros
very good employee benefits
Cons
In the last few years, the company has been cutting positions and no one is safe from being laid off.
Magical Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2016
Great Place great enviornment different kind of experience, great management and great co workers. Holiday season is the best season, very fast paced.
Fun for the customers
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2015
I learned a lot from this job as I became a supervisor and grew to a manager while I was there. There are no requirements to get hired as a sales associate however they get paid really well for what they do or lack there of. Although the desired culture is high level customer service there is no coaching the staff to rise to that level.
Pros
Mattel was in the top 100 companies to work for
Cons
lack of consistent coaching of staff
Productive and fun work environment
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work involves me clocking in and then figuring out what section i would be working in. After i do that i go pick up a headset and radio and go to the section i'm working in. Then, I basically stay in my section filling the floor while answering people if they need my help. While working there I learned that not everything will go how you want it and that you can't make every customer happy. The management was always there to help no matter the call. The co-workers are what makes it so easy to work there they liven the mood up while doing their job and if asked help you too. The hardest part of the just for me not being able to make all the customers happy or having to deal with customers who are not in the best mood. The most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people and being able to work in a great working environment.
Work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  NEW YORK CITYJanuary 24, 2015
Making stock room is full and operating ,supervisors make sure everything is operating
One of the friendliest places to work
Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
A great culture to work in. If you are looking for a retail job American Girl has to be one of the best places to be. The culture is so strong and everyone has a great attitude day after day.

American Girl is a division of Mattell which consistently ranks as one of the best companies to work for and it shows.