American Greetings Employee Reviews

My time at AG
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for the company. A typical day was always being on the road to cover various accounts within my territory. I liked the fact I was always in a different location on a daily basis working with various managers and merchandisers at my accounts.
Wonderful job
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYAugust 7, 2018
At the time I worked here I absolutely loved my job, I would love to work here again. I lost my job due to not having a dependable babysitter or daycare to watch my 2yr old autistic daughter. I lost my job due to this and would love to have another chance to work here, now my daughter is diagnosed and in the right therapy’s and daycare. I wouldn’t have a problem with a sitter now.
Pros
Great pay, and great benifits, awesome work environment
Cons
Starting on mandatory second shift.
Creative company
Layout Artist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHAugust 6, 2018
I started this position as a contract worker doing layout work. The work was demanding. I was able to management multiple projects at once without missing any deadlines which was very rewarding. American Greetings chose to hire me on full time. The work was exciting and new.
Pros
Great job
Great Job!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 1, 2018
As a current employee I would say I've really enjoyed the time at my position. Merchandizing is, for me, very fun and relaxing. I love the organization and repetitiveness. Yes the hours vary but when it is a holiday, put on your running shoes! I do wish the pay was a little more but when you enjoy your job, why leave for a place you know you won't be happy at? I'm happy with this job and plan on staying for awhile.

The other merchandizers that I work with sometimes, are all very good people. My boss is great and the stores I service are all very friendly. Honestly can't say anything really negative about this job. It is the perfect fit for me.
Pros
Very flexible hours, never in one place all the time, work alone
Cons
Pay, don't pay mileage
set your own pace, time
PT Merchandiser / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INAugust 1, 2018
Fun products, easy work, every holiday, paper cuts, nice pier group, wear and tear on own car, paid mileage, sort of work out of car or home as time aloud. set your own pace and time schedule.
Easily made friends with business route
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
mileage on own car
I enjoyed the 23 yrs that I worked there!
Production Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJuly 29, 2018
A job that I did an honest days work for good pay. I am retired now but I a enjoyed my job because I was producing a quality product. I learned to work as a team and respected my supervisors and management team. I learned that every job given was not always the best one but I did it without complaining.
Pros
Gift shop discount and freebies and great supervisors!
Cons
Sometimes working a lot of overtime and someone mandatory week-ends
Good place to work ..
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 25, 2018
It is a great place to work if you are looking to not work a lot. Pay is not great, traveling is a must, and you will more than likely get around 7 hours a week, so a second job is needed if you are working to make a living.
Felt like part of the family and always had the tools needed to do my job
DATA REPORTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2018
Given the opportunity to work flex time/work from home. My recommendations were always considered and implemented, based on strong analytical information presented. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a team environment. The hardest part of the job was me being too hard on myself and striving for excellence.
Great job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 22, 2018
Minimal hours and no time off. On average I received about 10 hours a week. But extremely flexible and the job worked for what I had needed at the time due to having a kid in school.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Minimal hours
Flexible Work Hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 22, 2018
This job has really good availability of work, allowing you to work at your own pace and at your own time. As long as work is being done at the different stores you work at.
A sinking ship
Digital Retoucher (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 19, 2018
Due to poor upper management decisions the corporations is sinking because they put all their eggs in one basket. My direct supervisor and manager were great. The hours were flexible, in part because I was a temp.
it was alright not that great not to bad.
c box specialist (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 19, 2018
check in at the guard station fill out an attendance sheet and sit though a small staff meeting. just worked for the 8 hours had a 20 minute lunch no breaks. feel like they could have had a loser stance on cell phones outside of the buildings or at least offer lockers to employees. but over all it was an okay place to work.
Pros
paid lunches, most weekends off
Cons
20 minute lunches, no brakes, no real advancement options
Fast Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 18, 2018
A typical day was 1 pm to 9 pm. I learned about different types of greeting cards. Management was sorta strict the main objective was to get sales. Learning was the culture everyone had a special skill. The hardest part of the job was learning and finding the one person who know what product to introduce to a customer. The sale was the most the customer was happy with the product.
Pros
Great lunches
Cons
Quality control
A very casual, creative working atmosphere
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 16, 2018
Each day was exciting and stimulating. Working with creative folks and seeing the results of their collaborations made each day an adventure.
As with most companies, management varied. For the most part I found myself with management who had the well being and advancement of their team members uppermost on their mind. There are always exceptions to that. American Greetings was a real family, recognizing the contributions of individuals.
Pros
Beautiful new building with many amenities. Working with people who enjoy what they do.
Cons
Questionable future of the company given the new owners.
very productive and fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 15, 2018
my typical day at american greetings was come in ask the person on that shift how the machine was running. did they have any problems with anything. how much was left on the current job. My most enjoyable part of the job besides getting to set up machines for new jobs would have to be the people they were awesome to work with
Pros
great place to work
Cons
short lunch
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 15, 2018
A typical day consisted of me stacking multiple pallets of packaged boxes, picking them up with a stand-up forklift, and wrapping them out on the wrapper. The most enjoyable thing about the job were the people there. There were many nice and easy to get along with co-workers.
Fleixible hours.
PART-TIME MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 13, 2018
As a part time job the flexible hours are nice. There is no advancement available. The pay is minimum wage. The people are very nice and fun to work with. There is a teamwork spirit.
The job is servicing the card department by putting new product on display according to plan a gram. The product must be displayed within 48 hours of arrival. Displays change according to seasons.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage and no advancement.
Job is ideal for temporary or as a side job.
Part-time merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 10, 2018
Overall, the job is nice because working independently. Unfortunately the team-work culture is only on paper as most merchandisers are not willing to support others. The pay is not based on your merits, and all your hard work will only benefit management.
Pros
Work independently.
Cons
Low pay, no room for advancement.
n/a
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 10, 2018
paid well and had great benefits. Too many changes were being made to the company at once, which may have affected the management in some departments.
A Great Place To Work
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARJuly 9, 2018
The environment was what you made of it . Friendly and easy going place to work. After 3 months your allowed to move around within the company so if you don’t like where you are , you can always transfer out with no warnings or write ups.
Pros
Family Picnics
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight