American Greetings Employee Review

View all American Greetings reviews

Rewarding customer relations job
Card Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 27, 2014
maintained all card merchandise in various stores. Was able to be creative and set up merchandise in an appealing way. Spend many hours setting and resetting stock and merchandise. Enjoyed traveling to various stores and meeting new people. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction when looking around after servicing the stores. Hardest part of the job was pulling all merchandise out of the stock rooms to assigned part of the store then taking it back there.
Pros
Feeling good about my ability to upkeep clean work places which made profits due to that

Other American Greetings Employee Reviews

Ask a lot of questions
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 14, 2018
Typical day is stocking and straightening cards or displays. I learned that cards are labeled with which pocket they go into.

Management was pretty busy. Each time I asked for help there was no one available. I found it hard tp please store management with the budget and training I received.

Fellow merchandisers were pleasant but training in stores was limited and they could not answer my questions. The hardest part was flexibility.

They advertise that the job is, flexible but you have 24 hours after delivery of a box to get cards out. So if UPS drops shipment on Friday, you are working the weekend.

You also have to work within the budgeted time, so I was told which work to do at home.

I did like the option of not having to purchase cards anymore.

I do not agree with CEO allowing managers to instruct employees to work at home.
Pros
Free cards, gift bags, and stickers
Cons
Lack of flexibility, low pay rate, and unpaid work at home
Productive and great hours.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSJune 13, 2018
The hours were great. It was my choice. I could work as many over hours as i chose too and got to choose when i wanted to go into work. The management was great and when having to go out of town i was paid for it.
Pros
Great flexible hours. Overtime.
Cons
Had to meet with the boss when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight