American Greetings Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
lack of good management ruined it for me
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  WisconsinApril 4, 2018
constant cutting of hours to get the job done. Scorecard compliance became more important than store being full and ready for the seasonal business. It was a great company for many years, but two bad supervisors in the last 3 years ruined the job for me. I loved the job and loved taking care of my store and customers at the peak holiday times.
Pros
work on your own, fast pace
Cons
no benefits, lack of hours to complete the job
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILApril 3, 2018
Straighten greeting cards and put the new order out for seven stores in different towns. Reorder greeting cards per store. Keep track of your time and mileage each day.
Pros
Work the days you want
good place to work
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYApril 1, 2018
Management not the greatest. Production pay needed to be competive with other factories in Bardstown KY. I wish I could have had more years their I tried applying back when they opened up and never received an interview unless you knew someone.
Fun work place with flexible hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAMarch 30, 2018
This is a great place to work if you have children. You can work your own hours as long as you get your job does. It is rewarding when you finish a project.
Dont Recommend
Part-Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 29, 2018
Good during training then hours are cut. Part-time with only 2-8 hrs a week or bi-weekly, per store. No overtime except holiday times and no benefits.
Love the environment
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAMarch 29, 2018
You are treated very well by management and your peers. A typical day is pretty much seeing your hours and making your own schedule, but also working with your stores to get the section cleaned and filled.
Pros
flexible, easy going, but fast paced
Cons
sometimes not enough hours
Poor Place to Work
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 29, 2018
I left American Greeting because it is a seasonal job. They make holiday greeting cards and in the offseason, you are laid off. Employees are not appreciated. There is only one 20 minute break in an 8-hour shift.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
seasonal job
Great place to work.
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 27, 2018
A typical day to be ready to work and dressed for the areas you will be assigned to. The most enjoyable part of the day was break time. The management could use some help with training and social skills.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Extremely and hot.
Nice part-time job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 26, 2018
 My regular duties included replenishing merchandise, ordering new product for select stores, maintaining inventory logs, communicating and maintaining relationships with store management, assisting and training fellow associates, presenting displays, and assisting in store revisions or new store layouts.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Holiday Schedule
Great Culture
Product Designer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2018
American Greetings has a great culture and work life balance. Depending on what department you may be able to work on some really innovative projects. However, with such a competitive industry lots of changes are bound to occur and that can lead to a stressful and chaotic time.
Flexible job poor management
Part time merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kankakee County, ILMarch 21, 2018
This was a perfect job for flexibility with my kids schedules except for last minute revisions or after holiday resets. I liked setting my hours and working in different stores. Routes change often especially when merchandisers leave and you are expected to take on other stores until a new merchandiser is hired. The pay is low but the job itself is fun. District manager for the area is horrible and expects you to be on call whenever she wants to to do something. I would still be employed with American Greetings if management would take concerns seriously.
Pros
Fun and flexible
Cons
Poor management
flexible hours were great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCMarch 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working for American Greetings, until they started getting more greedy, (per say) The more you did it seemed the more they expected for you to do without upgrading my salary, this was including my gas expenses for travel.
Pros
Got a lot of freebies
Cons
No benefits
Good place to work just no advancement and the card industry is dying
Printing Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYMarch 21, 2018
Good place to work just no advancement and the card industry is dying. Got laid off but I would of loved to have stayed there for 30 more years. Good money.
Pros
Money, relaxed and AC
Cons
Short breaks, no life
Love the people and working environment.
Member of the First Responders team (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYMarch 21, 2018
Worked at AG for 32 years. I love my job and the people I work with. AG is closing our plant. Lots of hard working and good people out of a job after years of service.
Great location to work
Strategic Buyer - Global Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2018
Ever changing work environment. Opportunity to grow within the company is limited at this time. However, great location and flexible work schedule. Young and energetic work force with creative minds.
managers
Merchandiser, Bristol (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 19, 2018
managers were awesome, friendly knowledgeable and helpful. They were always willing to help when needed. They would car pool if needed. They would find you a helper if needed.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
having to work holidays
cool as long as you are willing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHMarch 16, 2018
Working at AG was cool and not extremely busy.The busy times were holiday time. Some management was unprofessional. It was a teamwork type environment a lot of the coworkers help each other out.
Pros
pay and environmaent
Cons
management
fast paced- make your own hours job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMarch 16, 2018
It's a great job, especially if you like fast paced and constant change. The pay is very low so if you don't have a second job or another income it's not enough.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
not enough pay
A great place to work.
Installation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2018
We rarely worked more than 8 hrs a day they paid well and I had a great crew. I loved my boss, he kept the work environment light and fun to be in. No weekends.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
A lot of driving.
Productive place to work
Machine set up (Former Employee) –  Osceola, ARMarch 14, 2018
American Greetings is a laid back enjoyable place to work with appropriate managers. I would recommend AG to others because they do pay decent and the work is not stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Greetings. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight