American Guard Services Employee Reviews

A fun workplace and a fast pace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 17, 2019
A good work place and good coworkers and they are excellent people to work with and get along with also and a good experience to work there and great pay
It's a ok job if you just need something for short term or just to have another job. Not a long term job. No raises.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2019
It was a good job for a while but not a long term position. I would refer for someone who has never worked or straight out of high school to get some work experience. Communication in the company is not good, they try needs alot of work. But willing to help and work with you.
Cons
Communication is not good at all.
good company to work for if you want to get exprerience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 14, 2019
Am really grateful with the company gained alot of experience being a security officer had good times with the company did worked alot of hours for them
Pros
good hours
Cons
sometimes didnt get pay for worked hours
Need to improve on Manager's Communication Skills.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2019
American Guard Services is a good company to work with but they need to screen their potential future employees a lot more better to fill in the slots at assigned posts. Managers need to openly improve their communicative skills.
Pros
They work with you.
Cons
Human Resources have messed up on Employees' Paychecks.
Paychecks were always wrong
Patrol Driver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 17, 2019
Paychecks were shorted and supervisor never did anything to correct it.Some coworkers are a little "off" as they hire at the bottom of the payscale.They should do better background checks on employees and not just hire anyone with a guard card.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Poor payroll department, crazy coworkers
Manager was sloppy.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 9, 2019
Standing all day and walking around the front of the store. Couldn't do anything except tell the manager if someone did something like shoplifting. Made me wonder why they needed a guard when all they did was stand around and tell the manager.
Its a ok place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 13, 2019
Needs to pay more. Not very good and communicating skills. Overall job decent. They need more posts. Manager needs to communicate better with workers.
Dont wanna write one
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 9, 2019
At the start the only problem was standing for 8 hours but once you get used to that its very easy, they have okay locations and the pay was fine. I enjoyed working there until the last few months, the new supervisors were way to strict and demanded too much for the pay
it was okay working for the company,i liked my location
Private Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, MIJanuary 28, 2019
i wouldnt recomend long term due to no benifits or incentives,no raises,i worked over a year and a half with no benifits or pay raises,managment was slow to address issues,and they messed up my W-2
Pros
steady work schedule
Cons
no benifits or room to advance
If you speak up, they try to mute you
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AZJanuary 24, 2019
If you ever get with a company and hold them accountable for the same things they'd hold you accountable for, this isn't the company for you. They lie, cheat and steal from one another and then bully you when you speak up.
Public Safety Screening.
Maritime Guard (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I Had An Exelent Expirience Doing Public Safety,American Protective Services, Its A Privaledge And One Of The Best Agencies I Have Ever Worked For From Agent Alvaro De Lucas.
Pros
Profesional Working Environment .
Cons
You Stand For A Long Time Must Be Suited And Booted In Good Cushion Fot Wear.
Lack of management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 9, 2019
They don’t care about their employees. I tried to call off because I was really sick and in a lot of pain they didn’t let me call off at all and told me I still needed to come into work I got there and I couldn’t move I called them to see if they will send someone and they never did and I was rushed to the ER
A typical work day is very fast-paced. There is a lot of writing involved.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CA 90248December 19, 2018
You must remember numbers, vehicles, truck companies names and faces. You must be organized. Following office protocol is a must. You must consistently keep the traffic moving. Legible writing and clear communication is a must. Cognitively speaking this job was a pleasure to be on. It is very demanding work for little pay.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Little pay
Just need something new not the job for me
Guard (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 17, 2018
They always get the hours mixed up. The cheeks be coming late not on the day that they are schedule. I neve could call off sick our not. They say we have three sick days but when you try and use them they didnt pay me for the days I called off.
Pros
They do give you extra hours if you need them
Cons
The Direct deposit comes a day later then the paper check
na
Maritime Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2018
Not a very good company to work for at all. had union dues taken out bi-weekly but was not put into the union dues stuff for us to be secure when needed to have our backs
If you are looking for immidiate hire or new to Security.
American Guard (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAOctober 24, 2018
Accounts are mainly retail security, Distribution Centers and Maritime. For Maritime Security you must obtain a TWIC (Tranportation Workers Identification Card)
Pros
Will Transport if really needed
Cons
No paid vacation or pay increase
No appreciation from management and low pay.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAOctober 16, 2018
No appreciation from management and low pay.
The actual work is relatively easy. However, we deal with too much drama from co-workers and management.
So so
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 15, 2018
It's a good job if your trying to get security experience but the pay isn't worth the work it's a great learning experience I learned to work machines and check ids passports and other credentials as well as pat downs and cruise rules
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Bad pay
Secuity
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 14, 2018
This job wasnt a bad security company
The pay was just horrible
But they did there best to take care of you
And always gave you 40hrs per week consistently
Work place culture
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Las vegasSeptember 30, 2018
I started working for this company near 6 to 7 years ago , this in fact was my very first security company I've ever got with. Pay rate was minimum @ 8.25 per hour standing in front of a food 4 less grocery store. The management is ran very poorly ; when I was a regular guard I was never taken care of , I had no insurance nor any vacation ot personal days . My checks would be arriving late and I'd be missing money from my check . I made a mistake returning back to the company 5 years after when a supervisor position came open I got hired for . Thought I would give them a try again as it was ran by a different operations manager than before . Still nothing had changed. Made the worst move ever leaving my previous job for this sorry company, it seemed it was even worst than before. More than half the companies contracts were loss in the Las Vegas area , officers that been with the company for more than 7 years lost jobs. Operations manager would not pay attention to his duties besides lock himself in his office completing his college work online . He'd pay attention to Arizona and lose contracts in Vegas.