American Health Associates Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Terrible
Revenue Cycle Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJuly 29, 2018
It was a terrible environment
Everyone was unprofessional
The owner is interested in making money for herself and NEVER worried about the employees nor their family life
Good money but very stressfull
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2018
I was making a lot of improvement, but I made to mistakes and was let go. This was a very stressful job. At least when you are new to phlebotomy. I guess once you have more experience it might not be as bad.
I didn’t like how they judged me due to my driving record
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 21, 2018
Give a person a chance never know the person you turned down may just be the one that would have benefited your company Never had the chance to work for the company
Slowed paced customer service
Customer Service Rep/Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 13, 2018
Everyday I did he samething. Went to the office, answered customer service calls and boxed and shipped out any products needed to be shipped that day.
AHA Louisville
Dispatcher/Processor/Accessioner/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 5, 2018
I have worked in a few locations for this company and after several years I came back to Louisville, Kentucky. Since I have been gone, the clients and staff have doubled in size and is a super busy area. I am someone who loves to multi-task and to look at different processes and see how I can shorten the process without changing the quality of the work. This kind of environment is perfect for me. I am a dispatcher/processor/accessioner and now I will be on the road before or after my shift to assist my fellow co-workers. We have a fantastic staff here and that is all due to our boss who assembled us. I am looking forward to seeing my future with this company.
Pros
Fast-paced, great co-workers, challenging, benefits, excellent management
Unorganized
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 21, 2018
Management doesn't seem to know how to answer simple questions that they should know about the company, benefits and pay stubs. The company take mileage yet don't provide vehicles to perform tasks, you don't received any raises, you earn according to how much you work. ?//the jobs was strenuous, and tiresome. The company seems to take on more than they can handle. I'm glad in gone, the money was OK, could have been better but I wasn't going to wear myself out t to get it. It was good while it lasted, I have been blessed with a more professional environment where there's room for growth and benefits that are affordable and covers my entire family.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
healthcare, benefits, management
Agradable personal
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMay 27, 2018
Excelente trabajar con un personal muy agradable y responsable
Low pay lots of work
Lab Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 24, 2018
The pay sucks and you are expected to do more then your share of work the people who are supposed to train you don’t train you properly and when the inspectors show up your blamed for not knowing the proper way to do the work the supervisors daughter works there and gets fridays and saturdays off when everybody else is expected to work one Saturday a month the supervisor is extremely rude at times and always shows favoritism
Pros
Cons
Low pay 30 min lunch breaks rude co workers and management shows favoritism
June 4, 2018

We are very sorry to hear that this was your experience. In areas of great growth, we have sometimes had to move quickly to get our teams into the field to help with new clients. We take great pride in the training and the resources we provide to our new employees and continue to take any and all feedback under advisement as we structure how best to invest in our programs going forward.
Our managers, as all of our employees, are held to extraordinary standards; standards that see them often relying on their teams to help them accomplish the missions with which they are tasked. We thank you for having stepped up to help and sorry that you found that the position was not for you. We thank you for the time you spent with us and especially this feedback!

Interesting however awful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davie FloridaMay 20, 2018
It was an interesting job to learn however management was very unprofessional and it was like a high school atmosphere. There were few good workers I hope they have left and moved on to better jobs. That will appreciate them.
Pros
Learning bloodwork specimen
Cons
No growth no benefits kept you part-time family business dead end.
June 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we certainly take any and all of these comments seriously wherever they may come from! We do everything in our control to make sure that our supervisors are evaluating the performance of their direct reports fairly and consistently. Our managers, as all of our employees, are held to extraordinary standards; standards that see them often relying on their teams to help them accomplish the missions with which they are tasked. Thank you for having stepped up to help and sorry that you found that the position was not for you.

If u loved high school you'll fit right in
Phelbotomist (Former Employee) –  Florida Keys, FLMay 16, 2018
I was a phleb and i was totally shocked when i learned so many family members of the management worked there. Management had favoritism and very cut throat. If your not part of the inner clique forget any advancement. If I owned the company I would look into it. I was asked to do questionable things. My training was minimum and learned on the job by asking questions to lab associates. A complete mess
June 4, 2018

We’re very sorry to hear that this was your experience. We got to great lengths as a company to train our teams well to provide excellent service. Our company was founded by a family more than three decades ago. It has been our greatest ambition that when our employees enjoy their positions that they would feel strongly enough to recommend positions to their families.
In light of this fact, we, like many companies, often have family members working together. We also do everything in our control to make sure that our supervisors are evaluating the performance of their direct reports fairly and consistently especially when there are other family members potentially in the office where they work. Over the years, the including of families has been a profound benefit to our company and something that we continue to be proud of. We thank you for your feedback, though. We certainly take any and all of these comments seriously wherever they may come from. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this insight.

Not even 1star
Travel Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 9, 2018
I worked for this company for over a year and the managment is absolutely terrible... You will get asked to the leads job and not get paid for it.. You will ask to work yourself to death.. Its all about the money and its a fighting game.. Not worth the time or effort to even write this review but I want to warn everyone!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!
May 30, 2018

We are very sorry you feel this way! The company has experienced rapid growth across the country and in Tennessee in particular. We have been dealing with the challenge of scaling our teams and management to meet the demand for our services in the area and throughout the company more globally. As we continue to grow we are looking to keep bringing on more employees to help continue our emphasis on team work and customer service. Healthcare is a truly demanding field for all of us involved.

horrible company to work for
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 7, 2018
unorganized, favoritism by supervisor,underhanded practices, pull you off schedule/reassign you/at supervisors leisure as penalization. upper management difficult to reach and when you do there is NO follow through, they received one star BECAUSE I COULD NOT LEAVE IT BLANK
May 30, 2018

We are very sorry you ran in to these problems! The company has experienced rapid growth across the country and we have been dealing with the challenge of scaling our teams/management to meet the demand for our services. We have brought on new software, and practices to help American Health Associates become even more efficient to our employees and the clients we serve. As we continue to grow we are always looking to keep bringing on more employees to help continue our emphasis on team work and customer service.

The best place to work
Plebotomist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 30, 2018
I'm grateful and happy to have been part of this great team and I recommended 100 %. Each day was a new experience surrounded by the best co-workers,who are always willing to help.
It was a fast paced job..in and out..
Phlebotomy Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHApril 24, 2018
its not hourly there its by stop..your mileage is included in the stop
There is no raises, your raise is to work more. The more you work the more you make.
Pros
Get done get out
Cons
No team work its more like piece work
Beware of supervisor and relatives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLApril 6, 2018
This place is definitely full of favorites.... I thought over working myself and picking up others slack would help me out as far as staying out of the drama and out of my supervisors office......whatever side of the room you sit on determines who likes you and who don't.... VERY HIGH SCHOOL and very unprofessional.... people who are related to the owner feel as if they can say what they want to you and you're supposed to tolerate the disrespect soon as you snap back you're called into the office... I witnessed someone get attacked by another employee and they both still have a job.... this place isn't worth the drama we have to endure.
Good place for hard workers
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 2, 2018
Great place to work if you want to out in the time and work. Lots of people make $2500+ every 2 weeks because they out in the time, but if you work the bare minimum you get paid the bare minimum. Very hard to get fired from, if you do get fired it's because you did something stupid repeatedly or just plane refuse to do your job.
Pros
Lots of down time while yoy drive, great money
Cons
Lots of short staffing issues
Horrible place to work.
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 19, 2018
Was asked to do things that not only I could’ve lost my certification for, but put patients at risk. I was working 50+ hours a week every day lied to. Pay checks never right.
It an interesting job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 14, 2018
The place is great for drama, talking bout what the other guy or girl doing. There are some good people there. If someone were to ask me who to talk to bout the job and to learn more. I know who to ask and they will give you the right answer. But it is a struggle to learn new things there. people are set in there way.
Pros
some nice people, you get paid
Cons
short breaks, no respect from co workers, no professionalism
Unable to take time off due to lack of employee's
MOBILE PHLEBOTMY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 11, 2018
Unable to take time off due to lack of employee's but once they get them. They take your work and then do not give you time off. Part - time employee's are favored more than full time. They also put their family that work for the company ahead of you.
Pros
No breaks or lunches
Cons
Healthcare/but that's expensive
Run
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 7, 2018
i wouldnt pay my puppy to p***on their door this place is nasty dirty very unsanitary dont have gas cards dont pay enough to be riding out of town i put 20 a day in my car just to do a job they need me to do i have bills to pay is all i can keep saying and praying for better days i would never ever advise anyone to work here at all
Pros
everybody happy on pay friday
Cons
healthcare gas cards and raises we need more money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Health Associates. Our community is ready to answer.