American Health Network, Inc Employee Reviews

nice environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Avon, INNovember 23, 2018
its ok to work people were good had good food in cafe. nice people good environment patients enjoyed coming to the hospital. commute was great people really pitched in to help patients comoany
Pros
lunch
Cons
short lunch
Excellent workplace
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 13, 2018
Wonderful group of physicians and staff offering many opportunities for growth. Strong supportive leaders, ample training. Great benefits, paid holidays with minimal weekend work.
Pros
Great support system
Discouraging
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 8, 2018
Not taken seriously by management. New hires make more money than the ones who have been here and they do half the work. No room for advancement even when asking. Does not use talent well. Favoritism is very apparent.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
Poor management, lack of discipline
American Health network in Russiaville
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russiaville, INOctober 30, 2018
I loved working here. I loved working with the patients and other employees. It was such a family work environment everyone was there for one another.
Patient focused
RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2018
The office is very patient focused. Poor management. Workplace culture needs work. Employees need positive reinforcement and praise. Moral is very low.
Cma
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 28, 2018
Taking vitals, patient care, charting in EHR. This company is very team orientated. We all work together for the same cause in treating patients with the upmost respect and making them feel as comfortable as we can during their visits. The pay is below average which does not help in keeping employees here for long due to not having much advancement opportunities.
A day at the job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, OH 43055September 21, 2018
Wait in patients and answer phone calls to make appointments. Drug reps would bring in lunch a lot. There was a late night for later appointments. Dr are nice
My Day
Billing Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working in collections and helping the patients to resolve there accounts and collect payments for the doctor's the job wasn't hard at all and the manager supervisor cared and they showed us they appreciation to us I learned a lot in the medical field working with and around doctors and nurses.
Pros
we at free every day by the pharmaceutical representative that brough lunch
Cons
Its was no Cons for me
Fast paced physician office
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INJuly 27, 2018
I arrive at work at 8:30 AM and work until 5:00 PM. I start my usual work day with gathering up what I need in order to bill patient charges to the insurance companies. It is a very fast paced work environment and stressful. Everyone is so busy that there really doesn't feel like an unity at work. We currently have had an office manager put into place and feel like something is going on with the company as it is terminating employees or people have quit. Overall the office moral is down and no one wants to be at work. It used to not feel this way at all.
The hardest part of my job is not knowing if I will be doing my job that day or being pulled to assist in helping out with the multi-line phones and working the check-in and/or check-out area.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am off every Friday. I have found myself to feel more relaxed at this job only having to work 4 days a week as that gives me time to do doctor's appointments and other things so that I do not have to miss work unless an emergency arises.
Pros
30 minute lunch time, work in a quiet basement, work hours and location
Cons
Not knowing if you have a job the next day, lots of staff turnover
Very Negative Work Environment for IT Department
Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2018
The management in the IT Department was very closed minded and played favorites. Meetings were unorganized, agendas were not followed and meeting times were not respected. Meetings would extend an hour past the scheduled end time on a regular basis.
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
Negative atmosphere
it was not a fun place to work
Billing Coder (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 21, 2018
I crazy about working there, they trained you through email a lot, the co-workers were not that friendly and they sometimes treated people like they were better than you, and I didn't care for that.
Poor managment,no advancement
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 2, 2018
No room for advancement ,management picks favorites ,they don't dicipline employes and everyone just does whatever they want,
there is no communication and managment can't make up their minds about rules and procedures

The benefits and work life balance are ok but it is overall a very frustrating work environment
Pros
Benefits, pto, paid holidays, no weekend work
Cons
Poor Managment, no communication
Very catty and unprofessional.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
Very unorganized. Problems were "addressed" by supervisors and staff by pointing the finger vs truly dealing with issues. It was catty, supervisors and staff loved to gossip, were very unprofessional, and focused on unprofessional providers versus the well-being of the client. It was a relief to leave.
Pros
Time off and benefits were standard.
Cons
1/2 hour clocked in and out lunches, offered a salary and paid by the hour. Focus on not getting overtime vs getting the job done right.
sales
Health Ins. Sales (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMay 29, 2018
Great people and work environment.Local to where I live. I actually loved my job there was just Not much room for advancement. No where to go and no raises or benefits.
Busy but enjoyed my work
CMA (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time with American Health Network. The physicians and staff were fun to be around, I really enjoyed the doctor I was scheduled with. I left to start part time.
Overall a great place to work
Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 23, 2018
A typical day would be to start as soon as you walk in the door. I learned a lot in the period I have been there from getting patient data sheets, to rooming, to getting their information and reasoning an then to scheduling and making sure the medications are up to date.
Management is there and and always eager to help in any situation.The hardest part of the job I believe is switchboard. The most enjoyable part is helping the patients with their needs .
Pros
Monday through Friday and always has a helping hand if any questions.
Cons
The switching from one doctor to another . Every Doctor wants things done a different way.
Fast Paced, unfair supervisors had favorites.
Medical receptionist, Served as central point (Former Employee) –  East Main StreetMay 11, 2018
Person of contact for each patient, answering several phone lines, scheduling for 6 different providers, verify insurance, collect co-pays as well as balances on accounts. Opening all mail and putting in correct physicians mailbox, faxing, copying, printing medical records for patience or other providers as needed. It was a NON -STOP had to run to the restroom if needed to go.
Pros
Great benefits. Love the patience
Cons
not enough people to cover hours, back stabbing, supervisor plays favorites.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Wabash, IN 46992April 19, 2018
This place needs a new manager that knows what is going on in the office. Only in office maybe 1 time during a week. Need to hire a replacement before someone moves on. Corporate doesn't care what is going on per office. They just look at the income.
Pros
Leave early for kids' games
Cons
Overworked
Typical day
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 9, 2018
My review of AHN is short staff for my department there is over 16 providers in one office and i schedule for them and no one provider schedule is the same. Things may change every other day with short notice making it a stressful day at work. management except you to do with no mistakes. The hardest part of the jobs is when you have no open appointments when most of the providers are out of the office. The most enjoyable part is good co-workers who help you get thru the day and helping the patients.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short break
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 9, 2018
It is a great team work environment most of the time. It is fast paced most of the time, sometimes stressful and overall I learned a lot and was ready for my next step in life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Health Network, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight