American Heritage School

Working at American Heritage School: 44 Reviews

United States44 reviews

Great School

This school provides a world-class education and opportunities for students. If you work there, your child/ren have to go there (tuition-free). But the salaries are low and the health insurance costs high.

Badly Run based on what job you have

I worked at Heritage summer of 2021. I worked as a lifeguard and worked in the little kid pool teaching 5 year olds how to swim. Overall my experience was ok for one of my first jobs. If you are under 18 you get paid salary for the week.

Pros

Free lunches

American Heritage School insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Management Makes Up Reasons to Fire You

The only good thing about being a Teacher Assistant at American Heritage School in Plantation, FL is the free tuition. Pay is extremely low. Parents and children were great. However, management calls you in for an end of the year evaluation, where they often fire people. They do so by telling you something you did, that they never mentioned before, or called you into the office for. You won't know what they are talking about, because it didn't happen. Horrible and demeaning. Nepotism reigns here, and if you're not a management favorite, expect the potential chop. They fire you, they also fire your kids attending there.

Pros

Free Tuition, good education.

Cons

Poor pay, awful management, no communication between management and employees, fire at will

Contractors Beware! Poor Management and Unfair Compensation for Online School

If you like to work for free then this may be a good fit for you. Otherwise, beware! For the online school program, they offer a piece-rate pay per lesson for contract work. However, they will continuously change the lesson you are working on, change the guidelines of what they have asked you to do, or ask you to pick up another contractor's work (because they suddenly left)...each time they change the work you don't get paid on what you were working on because you haven't finished the full lesson task. If you comment on this, you are told you are not flexible or that this job isn't for everyone. Save yourself time and lost resources, find a place that respects the people doing the work for them. The online school has a very 'self-centered" culture. If you are already part of the culture it may be a good fit. Otherwise, there are better places to work for...places that respect the time you give toward their company and that pay you for your work.

Pros

Contract work flexibility

Cons

Don't pay you for your work

extremely rigorous for students, equally hard on faculty

No Job Security. If you dont fit into the heavy judeo-xtian culture, they throw you to the curb. Too much work for low compensation. The students on scholarship are usually respectful. Those that pay tuition are often entitled and lazy. The school is more hype than substance. The school is overly paranoid about safety. They are all about rules and restrictions.

Pros

respectful students, good facilities

Cons

the pay, the hours

Not a happy workplace

You will make no money for many many hours of labor. They also play favorites. Every Assistant is miserable for the amount of time and hours they work with zero rewards. If you want to be a glorified babysitter then this is the perfect position.

Pros

Good education for your kid

Cons

No support from Managers

Productive and Knowledge Provoking Experience

While working with the children I taught, but I also learned an intense amount of knowledge. I am so grateful to have worked as long as I did. Our staff was beautifully created and all the kids were great in their own way.

Pros

Enjoyable Team

Cons

Long lunch

A great working environment where you become a family member

I would highly recommend joining the team at American Heritage . You have a great working environment on campus as well as a great kids to work with. I would recommend that you have a knowledge of speaking Spanish for some of the students are not fluent in English.

Bus Driver

I absolutely love working at American Heritage. The staff is super nice, respectful. It’s a wonderful environment, very high security. I’ve been employed here for a year and I love my job. 💕

Top notch school.

Love going to work there every day. Great teachers and amazing students. Plus, gorgeous campus and state-of-the-art facilities. Students work hard in classes and participate in a variety of extra curricular activities to provide balance.

Very professional working environment

Day at work starts at 5:30 AM and finished at 5:00 PM. Management is ver professional and respectful with employees. Safety and working on time are very important. the school has one of the highest academic levels in the country.

Professional, exciting and peaceful

The people that work there are goal-oriented and mission-driven. They care about you and the students. It is a very nice environment. A wonderful place to work.

fun exciting place to work with good manage skills.

on a typical work day, I manage the books for any student that walks in and out of the classroom. I document any reports that happen with the kids if its negative. For grades 4 and 5. I work from 3 to 6pm

Pros

snacks.

Cons

no benefits for this job at all

Very Active and Fun

I enjoyed working at American Heritage Summer Camp everyday was something new. And you bonded with the campers for them to have trust in you because to them you were a stranger at first. My overall experience was something I will not for get what great staff they have and I didn't like the fact I had to stop working because it comes once every June-July.

No thank you

Not interested in reviewing the company based on several different things. This a very special school, my job there doesn’t pertain to anything that has anything to do with it

The faculty is amazing but the administration has questionable practices.

The faculty and staff are wonderful people, friendly and helpful. The administration team has questionable practices such as harassing teachers, creating stressful situations that may either cause you to quit or be let go. The administrators will pull you in their office and claim anonymous complaints from parents yet never back it up then use it to manage their personnel. They do NOT follow educationally sound practices and procedures when handling employees. Contracts are year to year. No safety in a continual position. Pay is average.

At-Will Contract: means non-renewal of contract, without reason, is more than likely - you may find yourself jobless without warning!

Most teachers are amazing, positive, helpful and friendly. A few won't hesitate to "throw you under the bus" if they feel threatened/insecure - with or without cause. Terrific, supportive custodial staff and reading, library, & IT staff. However; the school desperately needs someone to act as advocate for teachers and staff! Administration is out of touch with the reality of teacher needs, abilities, and how to support - and they have no compunction with cutting employees without an advance conversation, a viable reason, or dignity! It's happened over and over again, with a dozen or more employees.

Pros

Unlimited leave, annual bonus, mostly great co-workers, no Common Core curriculum

Cons

Often you have to chose between a restroom break and eating, Employees have extra duties that are not part of their original job description, Non-supportive administration, Termination without reasons or corrections, Lower pay and no retirement, Incompatible curricular platforms.

Needs Improvement

There are many things that I could say about this school. I was not pleased with the fact that while I worked at the school and my children attended the school, many other employees criticized me behind my back and ridiculed my children because I received a discount for them as an employee. It’s a very expensive school and most people try to get a job working their to help pay the High tuition. So many people who work there are doing so to accommodate there children’s tuition.

Pros

Reduced tuition, prestigious school name

Cons

Condescending co-workers, and students

Nice place of work

Great place to work if ok to work with children. Good benefits. Nice environment. Free summers . Opportunities to work longer Hours for overtime Free tuition benefit for children of staff

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Low pay

The environment at American Heritage is amazing! There is no other place like it. However, because it is small and everybody gets along so well there are sometimes that communication is lacking and you can sometimes end up doing things that aren't your job.

Great school culture and inviting campus.

American Heritage Boca/Delray campus is so inviting, I only wish I could teach there full-time one day! I only experienced the after school tutoring environment, but I loved to see so many teachers on campus lesson planning and helping their students- even after school hours. So many sport clubs and after school activities shows that students at AH are well rounded individuals with many talents.

Common questions about American Heritage School

Answered by current and former employees at American Heritage School

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Heritage School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits