American Home Shield Employee Reviews

Good Company to Work For
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 17, 2018
AHS is a good company to work for, however, the majority of upper management is not transparent, nor in touch with their front line employees.

In the beginning the culture and morale of the company was great, unfortunately now because of the many changes within upper management, these core values or steadily spiraling downhill.

The pay is pretty good, however, unless you're willing to relocate, career advancement is limited.
Pros
Good Pay & Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management & Limited Growth Opportunities
Call center
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 10, 2018
It really is a pretty boring place to work. The infrastructure has a lot of cracks that cause a lot of hassle to your day to day work life. Days are long and very monotonous and the pay is low.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Alot
I loved assisting Customers
Customer Service Representative/Sales/Retention (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 4, 2018
I was provided the ability to assist Customer's needs and loved it very much and feel I did a great job. the overall experience was pleasant but demanding and stressful.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
micro managed
Ehhh
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 2, 2018
The job was pretty laid back, but the management was lacking. Supervisors not really wanting to work with you, not really avaiable like they should be
Great Company to work for, but not if you have small children
Service Support Representative (full-time (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38134September 28, 2018
The company has a great atmosphere, everyone is like family. The Managers and supervisors are all great and helpful in getting you acclimated. The benefits are good too.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not family friendly. Very demanding
Terrible Stressful Place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 20, 2018
There were constant calls in queue of angry homeowners. At one time over 1,000. The managers did not want to assist with upset home owners who had their warranty claim denied and would just send them to voicemail
fast paced and goal driven
Authorizations Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2018
My time was spent on the phone making decisions on claims. I did learn how to process claims. How to repair and diagnosis the covered products. I did have my share of difficult managers. Managers were replaced and we now have a great staff. The hardest part was feeling restricted and constricted. Everyday was a new experience and I loved it.
Pros
not micromanaged
Cons
short lunch
If you like disasters work here
Consumer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2018
The paychecks are always wrong then they take it out of the next paycheck so you never know when your paycheck is going to be correct . For example leus day your paycheck is supposed to be $1000 but they pay you $2000 their going to give you that $2000 and take the $1000 off your next check . The problem is your next check may not be but $800 so you’re in a financial hole just from working at this job .

The hours aren’t flexible at all you have to work a 2 to 11 for a year before it can be changed .

You don’t get benefits until 6 months has passed

They do pay weekly which is a pro , if your paycheck is correct

Sales expectations are not realistic

Micromanagement is everywhere at this place and their constantly on your back about the smallest thing .

Their is never parking so if you do decide to work their just know you need to arrive about an hour early to have time to walk to your desk .

Overall you can make some pretty good money their but you will have to put up with a lot of stuff so beware . The starting pay is $10.50 and you don’t get your commission until after two months so live really really cheap

By the way you will be paid $4 per each sale you get until you get to like 1000 sales I believed .
Pros
Weekly pay
Ahs
N/a (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2018
Cares only for the money and does not care about associates. They see money signs and their stats are unobtainable. The company may be going down hill and the associates dont know it
Pros
office job, money
Cons
people, management, charisma, customers: there are a lot of negatives
The pay isn't enough
Authorizer (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 10, 2018
It is just not enough for me to live. There is some disorganization, but it is a large company. Overall it is fine, I haven't work there long enough to give an accurate assessment.
Job Readiness
Authorization Representative- Remote (Former Employee) –  Memphis TennesseeAugust 10, 2018
My day consisted of resolving problems the first time and do it right. Ive leaned how to make the right decisions and my management skills was making decision I was a remote representative I was not micro managed I had to make the right decisions. The hardest part of my job is not being able to fix the problem and I went above and beyond to get the job done. The most enjoyable part was making tke right decision and making the customer happy I could sleeep every night when resolving the problem
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
HealthCare was very expensive
They are always hiring
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 6, 2018
They're always hiring because they can't keep anyone in the door. You're required to take a certain amount of calls each day and on majority of those calls, you're having to deal with extremely irate customers. Biggest issue with AHS is they hire the cheapest technicians they can find, who don't know what they are doing in these people's homes. So all day long, you're getting cursed out about AHS policies and technicians. Summer time there is AWFUL! At any given time, there can be anywhere from 500-2000 calls in queue. Meaning, customers are waiting 1-2 hours, on hold, to speak with someone. This time of year, a lot if people are having a/c issues but you're not allowed to expedite someone's work order until the temps are 105 or higher. Smh!! They have all kinds of shady business practices and you will be thoroughly cursed out about them. ALL DAY, EVERYDAY! Pay is decent, but what are willing to do for your money? They're robbing their customers... If you're good at, and enjoy finessing people, then this is perfect for you.
Pros
Decent pay, paid weekly
Cons
Overworked, benefits are expensive, strict attendance policy, short breaks, customers curse you out all day, management will not take an escalated call
Can be great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2018
Management isnt the best depending on what department you end up in. Coworkers are very nice make you want to stay at the job, pay is fair and weekly.
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
Not a good place to work too much politics and too many details that change as management chooses. If you like customers yelling at you for work not being done by underpaid contractors then this is the job for you.
You are never not being monitored.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2018
The worst job I’ve ever had. You spend a lot of time trying to fix problems that homeowners have had with repairs that have either never been completed or shoddy work has been performed. Managers mostly try to avoid taking any escalated calls. All calls are monitored and if your not back on the phone quick enough they want to know why. You are expected to take a high volume of calls in a shift and no account is taken for lengthy calls. I saw a lot of people come and go while I was there. This company is more about quantity of calls over quality service given which means you will get cussed out on the regular over things far beyond your control. If your just needing a job to pay the bills then this is good for the immediate but continue looking for something better.
Pros
Okay pay for entry level job
Cons
Quantity over quality customer service.
Stressful work environment
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2018
Ahs is a very unethical company.They are dishonest with their customers and employees.They encourage employees to be dishonest. If you have any morals- do not work here!
Pros
Health benefits 401K
Cons
Dishonest, Unethical, unfair practices.
Not for the faint of heart
Authorizer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 9, 2018
AHS is customer oriented and dedicated to empathy for their customers; however, many of the customer contract provisions are not well received by customers. As such, many of the customer phone calls received for AHS are not pleasant. The company does not prepare you for some of the instances you may encounter. However, if you have a tough skin and can still provide quality customer service, then you may enjoy your time here.
fun place
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 16, 2018
AHS is a great place to work, they believe in you and your career advancement. They give you everything that you need to be successful the rest is up to you
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 30, 2018
Great company loved working there. Great people loving and caring. If you love ot is there for you. The work are morning and evening hours. Latest is 3 to midnight
AHS Rocks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMay 30, 2018
I just left this company in March due to husband job relocated to DC. I loved this job and sure hated to move. I started in customer service, then moved to autho (where were spoke to tech to approve or decline claim, then to retention where we try to keep the customer from cancelling. Loved it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Home Shield. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight