American Home Shield Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 19, 2019
This was by far the best job I’ve had. They are very friendly and helping. Everyone is sick a great help and treat you like a family and always open to helping you.
Pros
Breaks
na
Facilitate sales (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 17, 2019
Decent place to work if you enjoy sales and talking on the phones. Not the best management and little room for advancement. The hourly pay is ok but the commissions is where most of the money comes in at.
Not good
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2019
The company morale is dropping, mandatory o/t and the queues have 200 to 800 calls. The wait times for customers are ridiculous and the techs have to wait for about 45 minutes.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very political
Manager, Corporate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2019
I would give a review but I know that nothing is anonymous or confidential anymore so I'm going to fill this 150 character minimum with this sentence.
Pros
casual, pay
Cons
very political, no recognition, HR department
Authorizer (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 2, 2019
Overall this is a great place to work. The only part about it that I dislike is the angry customers. A lot of great activities at the center during different holidays.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home
Cons
Angry customers
Ok job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 1, 2019
Ok job hated the coaches job is very stressful and high call column during the summer pay should be more for travelers but ok job if U like money and don’t get stressed easily
beautifull place to work here
Salesforce Developer/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2018
American Shieldis wonderfull work culture to each and every employe. its vey wondefull place to mingule with each and every person. every person have his own dream to work in this company.
Stay away
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2018
A joke of a sales job. If you are in sales be prepared to deal with ALL calls, like dealing with payment disputes, angry customers and customer service calls that cant be dealt with by competent people. It's a train wreck of a company and one that needs to be looked at for Consumer fraud. Stay away from this company if you value your own integrity. Pay sucks too.
Pros
Cons
The list is endless
Call center
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2018
One of the best jobs that I have working at an inbound call center. The hours are great the pay was great and the overtime great. It was sad to leave the company to relocate to California. If I ever move back to Memphis I would love to go back to this Company.
Pros
Very positive environment
Cons
Had to relocate
productive & easy to advance through the company.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2018
I enjoy what I do, especially the enter actions with the customers, I have learned & pride myself with effective communication skills as well as being diversal when performing my daily duties. Management with the company is caring and very efficient in assuring that all employees grasp the material . The hardest part of my job is not always being able to give the customers what they want without going outside the guidelines of the organization however when it's done and I am able to provide customers with their wants and needs within company resources it brings great joy to my heart.
Pros
1 hour lunch

Want to know more about American Home Shield?

Ask a question
Good company values and motto
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2018
Calls are very heavy in change. vender shortage.
The hours were a concern for me but I was told that shift bids would allow a schedule change would be avialable in 90 days
however sometimes that time would last for almost a year as was my case.
Pros
Good company values
Cons
immature and unproffessional staff.
The atmosphere is Great, with billiards and table tennis to relieve stress levels.
Technical Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2018
American Home Shield is the ideal place for employment. The environment I feel is state of the art, with recreational table tennis, and billiards to relieve those stressful moments. There are far too many unrelated to your work meetings you have to attend. These meeting have nothing to do with your responsibilities, which makes them a little boring.
Pros
Many activities, and functions to attend.
Cons
Some unproductive meetings, and lack of training.
American Home Shield is a great place to work.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IANovember 14, 2018
American Home Shield offers opportunities for advancement and great training. American Home Shield greatly trains it's employees. American Home Shield provided many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Production goals
Cons
Long days
Productive and Work/life balance
IT Administrator/IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2018
My experience with American Home Shield was a great. I learned & grew based on my time with the company. The work culture was awesome and lifetime friends for life. The hardest part of the job was getting there every morning based on the commute. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people & the knowledge I gained.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Need more opportunites
they could do better
Customer Relations/Authorizations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2018
I worked there 10 years and loved working there. I quit after my father passed away due to home stress and work stress. I tried to come back several years later, and it seemed really different. I did not like that customer service was more concerned over their handle time than doing their job. This also is an evaluation of pay raises. I'm very customer service oriented, and could not do this to customers. I'm not a disgruntled employee...just wish they would treat their customers like they used to, and not put so much pressure on employees about handle time. It's not fair to customer's or employees. I love the company, and would love to go back if things were like they used to be.
Great Work Place
Service Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IAOctober 22, 2018
American Home Shield is a great work place. It is a business where your co-workers feel like family. AHS is willing to develop and grow their employees to help them achieve their career goals.
customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 18, 2018
Good place to work if you can deal with changes and fast pace culture. Family feeling and good people to work with . You can build a career here if it hat you want
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good Company to Work For
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 17, 2018
AHS is a good company to work for, however, the majority of upper management is not transparent, nor in touch with their front line employees.

In the beginning the culture and morale of the company was great, unfortunately now because of the many changes within upper management, these core values or steadily spiraling downhill.

The pay is pretty good, however, unless you're willing to relocate, career advancement is limited.
Pros
Good Pay & Decent Benefits
Cons
Poor Management & Limited Growth Opportunities
Call center
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Home BasedOctober 10, 2018
It really is a pretty boring place to work. The infrastructure has a lot of cracks that cause a lot of hassle to your day to day work life. Days are long and very monotonous and the pay is low.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Alot
I loved assisting Customers
Customer Service Representative/Sales/Retention (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 4, 2018
I was provided the ability to assist Customer's needs and loved it very much and feel I did a great job. the overall experience was pleasant but demanding and stressful.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
micro managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Home Shield. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight