American HomeCare Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
lots of traveling
HHA (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 19, 2017
it made a little money but wasnt getting paid good for the miles and hours that were worked manager tried to be helpful and so did the employees, paper work was easy to handle and decipher
Pros
Cons
didnt hardly get anything for mileage traveled
Warm and friendly place of work
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 8, 2016
Having the opportunity to work with clients who appreciates your time and support as well as companionship. Building friendships and giving proper love and care to my clients is a typical day at work. I've learned that being devoted honest and committed to my job encourages clients to have the ability to trust me in every way. The staff here is friendly and caring as well, me and some of the girls may hang out from time to time. I would say the hardest part of this job is building relationships with these clients and then losing them to death, that is the hardest thing to deal with because you may have gotten attached to that person. But overall, just seeing my clients bright up and so happy to have me as their caretaker is the most enjoyable part of my job. I would recommend AHC to anyone in need of care or even employment.
Pros
conveinent, flexible
Cons
no breaks, no gas reimburstments
Fun
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 31, 2015
Fun place to be, professional, yet laid back. Residents were top priority and as long as they were happy, so was I. Company is very clean and organized, that's definitely a plus.
Pros
Free lunches
Awesome workplace!
CNA/On Call Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 28, 2015
I started as a CNA for a clients (Husband and wife) I took care of all of their daily needs. Grocery shopping, cooking, sometimes feeding, changing, bathing, escorting to and from ALL locations. The hardest part was that I loved them DEARLY and when they passed it literally broke my heart
Pros
Wisdom you can ONLY learn from an elderly person
Cons
Becoming to close and loosing your patient
If you are living in this area its hard to keep clients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 2, 2015
The hardest part of this job is. Home healthcare schedules you to go out to a clients home but if the client pass away or refuse the caretaker. They are not stable with finding other clients for you not a win, win situation when you need constant work.
Pros
none I can truly think of
Cons
Healthcare
Was an amazing place to work until bought out by Encompass.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 31, 2014
Was an amazing family oriented atmosphere to work for at a homecare agency, but all that was lost when company was bought out by Encompass turning the family friendly atmosphere into a political corporate world. The company has lost the great rapport in the city it worked so hard to gain once the company was changed.
Working with the clients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 20, 2014
I only went into the office when necessary or needed.
Management was alright. Needed some improvement with staff workers.
Pros
Your choice to choose clients you're comfortable with.
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and a happy work environment
Homecare worker (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 10, 2014
It was great working for them and I was very productive. It was a very peoples job and I love working around people. That is even if I am having a bad day you put the smile on.
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 7, 2012
My day was busy, but it was a fun office and a great bunch of co-workers. I verified notes for payroll and did billing for personal care and private duty. I also scheduled for the patients.
Pros
friendly envirnoment
Cons
don't have any
Fresh new business
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Macon, GaFebruary 28, 2012
I can tell by the way there running the business, that they just started this company.
Pros
flexible
Cons
they dont take taxes out of the checks, and you cant recieve unemployment