American Hotel Register Company Employee Reviews

Case picking
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 22, 2019
Case picking, cherry picker,management has no clue how to run facility everything thing is late and behind it's a now now now place. Mostly heavy boxes of hotel soap shampoos etc... good workers get most of the work.
Coworkers are hard working and stick together
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 5, 2019
There used to be more of a family culture but with several changes has resulted in broken communication across the organization. A more stable management would improve the overall performance of the company.
It was ok
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 23, 2019
No career advancements. They actually fired in an employee that was training me within my first three days turned over his position to me and I was asked to replenish the entire Warehouse on my shift for level 1 pay
Pros
Management does not Hound you when performing job duties
Cons
The whole setup for advancements is no good and needs to be Rewritten
Fast-paced, Always busy, Lots of proactive change
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 14, 2019
A typical day for me involves communications between customers, multiple departments, vendors, and carriers, regarding reported quality issues. I work from an email queue and my primary communications are through email, so it is essential to be as responsive as possible. Metrics are recorded for the number of issues we pull from the queue daily.

Learning at this company can feel self-direct, at times. However, the essential training we receive starting out is enough to get us by. I still had many questions after training, and thankfully everyone is very helpful.

The company culture is generally helpful, polite, cordial, knowledgeable, and empathetic. The PTO system in place allows for 'life' to happen without causing fear of job loss because there was a bump in the road. Many people drive quite far daily to come to work, and the upper management is aware of this variable. I feel like this mentality instills loyalty within employees because they feel protected, and in turn, they work harder to protect the company's interests/business endeavors.

The hardest part of my role is that it is on the line between legal/quality, and customer care. Every issue needs to be looked at, and logged. Lots of questions must be asked to establish the 5 W's, and sometimes customers do not want to cooperate with the process. Knowing that the process is required in most quality, and warranty, situations, really motivates me to find ways to break the barrier setup by an uncooperative customer. It's a challenge, but many times adds to the feeling of accomplishment once the issue is resolved
  more... and the customer is satisfied.

What I enjoy most about my job is that the worst part of my day is the drive, and I generally like driving. I feel like that's saying a lot. In other words, I enjoy the problem solving I do daily, and the opportunities I've been given to improve processes in order to better assist customers, as well as help my team.
Pros
On premises cafeteria, Pto, Great health programs, Certified Woman Owned, new technology, intern programs, on site CPR training opportunities
Cons
Cross department communication could be better, end to end process SOPs might be necessary, opportunities to attend seminars or classes; no meet and greets between departments;
Fun job, just didnt pay enough
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 28, 2019
The job was great. Always busy, and a pretty fast paced environment. Unfortunately the pay wasnt enough to cover the cost of living. Wouldnt have minded staying otherwise
Great Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 13, 2019
A great company... but, not much changes here. If you like doing the same thing every day... year after year, you will love AHR. Great people and good culture.
Pros
Cons
Money
hard work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2019
At the warehouse there is lot of heavy lifting. During summer time it gets really uncomfortable with the weather.
If you have an emergency or have to miss work they let yo take the time no problem but then they give you a point for not being able to be at work; after certain amount of points you are pretty much out of the company.
A great internship location
Copywriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 7, 2019
A great place with lots of opportunities for learning how to be part of a team, really welcoming environment, did actual productive internship work that contributed to the department. Could be a little tiring sitting as a desk all day.
No job security poor management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2018
I was wrongfully terminated because I had 1 miscommunication with my manager. First issue in 8 years. Have had stellar reviews every year including this year. Was not given the same disciplinary actions as everyone else. No verbal warning, no written warning or even suspension. Just straight to fired. They show discimination and favoritism on a daily basis. Discrimination and wrongful termination lawsuits are pending.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor management
Going through change
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 30, 2018
American Hotel has an excellent family culture, but they are very siloed and are not changing with the times fast enough. Your experience with them will be very dependent on what department you work in.
Decent job but horrible management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 2, 2018
The job is decent not so much hard work but the management is horrible, they have favorites picked out if you’re not on the favorites list you’re ignored by management, the managers will literally pass right by you and won’t say anything or will not even acknowledge you, managers don’t care for their workers even if you have a serious emergency your points are still accumulated, overall there’s better places out there to work at this is not a guaranteed full time job.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Poor management
Official response from American Hotel Register Company
November 8, 2018

We’re sorry to hear your associate experience didn't embrace our family culture. We value your feedback and will use this insight to ensure our current and future associates have a positive experience. Thank you for your contributions during your seasonal assignment and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Wonderful company to have worked at
Marketing Analyst MHS Master Hotel Supplier (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 22, 2018
This family owned company was fabulous to work for. I miss working there and the nice people there. The facility is amazing. I started in accounting and grew within my career.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Restructured out of my job
good work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 25, 2018
work is open and flexible, but hard to move up in the company ,
not sick time offered only pto which makes it extremely difficult when you have a family and little ones who get sick that you need to stay home with
Learned a lot just...
Outside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 22, 2018
I learn a lot just didn't get paid for my efforts. Enjoyed the people and the clients. The management was lacking and myopic. I was looking forward for a wonderful day.
Hard work but fun place to work
Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 13, 2018
As with all supply chain job the work is fast paced and can be overwhelming at times but all in all a great place to work and grow. Management has a clear direction of where they want to go and for the most part it filters down to us.
unusual company
Manager, Sales Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 9, 2018
Lots of butt kissing at this company. A lot of the employees are related and either you're an insider or an outsider. A lot of turnover among the inside sales group
Struggling company
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 6, 2018
It is unfortunate that American is currently struggling with reorganization and managerial reporting accountabilities. Too many hands are in multiple different pots with lack of communication.
great job
Shipping & Receiving / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 1, 2018
It was a great job i got paid good money hourly, i got bonuses, gift cards, 401k, life insurance, paid holidays, vacations, sick and personal. i was a dock lead, order picker, loader and unloader, turrent driver, forklift driver, inventory specialist, trainer, stand-up machine operator. it was a great job i work there for 9 years.
Cut throats and back stabbers
Assistant Manager - Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 30, 2018
The company has good benefits. Working at the Carrolltong Hub was hectic. Supervisors were unexperience. Training really didn't exist. Associates are thrown in the water to sink or swim.

Overall, the place was very unorganized and lacked structure.
Pros
Benefits were reasonable.
Cons
Lack of structure and experience management
Too many supervisors and managers
Sales and Use Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 18, 2018
The company was much better when the brother were nor involved. They always went outside to hire supervisors and managers. Company functions outside of work were practically nill. Raises still at 2% since 2008. Not even a cost of living adjustment
Pros
Insurance was good and the employees payment was small
Cons
They didn’t care if you stayed or left the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Hotel Register Company. Our community is ready to answer.