American Hotel Register Company
64Average

American Hotel Register Company Employee Reviews

Family owned business which has a strong focus on employee culture, and upholding many years of tradition centered on customer appreciation and service.
Work-life balancePeople good and was a good job. I was laid off during down turn 2009. I though would be last job in my life.Job security and advancementIt hotel business if there down turn it effect your business.ManagementThe brother retired got some butt head that was stockbroker didn’t fit nature business. Found out later he was fired.OverallI enjoy working at company I don’t have any regrets. I wish was still there today with down turn it now of economic would be to hard work there now 20
American Hotel was a great place to work. Family environment. Great managers, company and industry until Covid hit. This job was not hard. It was very time consuming.
Pros
Managers and co workers
Cons
Covid hit
Start with the co-workers. American Hotel Register believes and models acceptance and meritocracy. From the flags honoring the birth place of the associates to a verifiable culture of inclusion, these people are more my family than most blood relations. People are treated kindly and valued. Open door policies are maintained and boundaries honored.People from top to bottom answer the phone/email if you need them.The environment is safe, clean and full of amenities such as a huge gym, cafeteria with a legit, big time Chef, yoga classes, first aid classes and many opportunities to volunteer.It's a large company serving important needs of many kinds of stakeholder world wide. A ton of very smart, very considerate people work here.
Pros
Activities and amenities
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I have had the pleasure, and honor, of working here for almost exactly two years. The people at the company are all fantastic and caring people who support one another. I would recommend American Hotel Register Company to anyone anytime.
Pros
Job advancement, support, cross training, work-life balance, partial work from home opportunities, etc
Cons
Honestly, none that I can think of.
American Hotel is the best place i've worked in my entire career. Ownership truly cares about the employees and treats everyone line family. Coworkers are great and job is challenging, but manageable. Great work/life balance and very generous PTO policy.
Pros
Ownership, PTO policy, Career Advancement
Cons
American Hotel is a great place to work. Everyday there is a new challenge. I work from a home office which is great for work/life balance. Management was very helpful in ensuring success. American Hotel is family owned and that family culture is felt throughout the company. The hardest part of job driving long distances which is minor. My favorite part of the job is building and maintaining relationships with my customers and helping them achieve their goals which insures my success. I recommend American Hotel to anyone who is interested in working here.
Pros
Great work/life balance, Helpful management team, family culture
Cons
n/a
One of the best companies I’ve worked for! Would totally recommend! Very flexible work/life balance! Very family friendly company! Flexible work schedules and compensation.
The owners are fantastic! My boss lady was wonderful! Allowed me to learn more to increase my value. Can be a fun place to work. Hard to advance or change jobs within company. Fellow workers are friendly, work together and share same goals.
Pros
Bonuses, awards, give-away, socials, family oriented mentality
Cons
N/a
The company is 155 years in business and has built a foundation based on principles of integrity, fairness, and trust. An associate at American Hotel will get out of their career what they put into it.
No Pay - If you are a student worker. Boring Always working Not a good place if you are a student worker. You'll always mess up. You'll feel like a robot. Always loud. Nice people. The tour guide is rude and too blunt.
When first starting at American hotel everything was amazing!!! The last few years the company has been in save mode and the once family culture has now disintegrated. High turnover rate, under paid compared to other companies in the area and it is hard to advance in the company. Positives: the people who work there are amazing, good benefits and extra circular activities.
Nepotism and favoritism run rampant here. Nothing is based on your skills, and don’t think about sharing your ideas, as the management won’t consider it. I woke up every morning dreading going to work while I was here. Save yourself and work elsewhere.
They are very good to their employees. They have a cafe' with a wonderful staff and a workout room with the lately workout equipment in house. Great benefits and a 401K/Roth.
No one has laser training. The laser operator is a straight up criminal from federal prison. The supervisor is basically another employee who has no clue what their doing. HR does not care at all.
Pros
Good places to eat nearby
Cons
Management made me feel unsafe
Employees were decent and hard working. It was a very fast paced environment. Management is untrustworthy. The warehouse workers worked hard. Advancement was minimal. Pay for the warehouse generally was very low. Lots of turnover.
Great sense of family in dealing with co-workers. Management can be distant and aloof. Department morale fluctuates with the temperature of the hospitality industry.
I work on clearing up down payments and apply open AR request that are sent from our customer service dept. and incoming sales team members. I enjoy the team members that I work with.
poor management, Horrible HR age discrimination. no loyalty. back stabbing. company in a sorry state. hopefully it will go under. need to stop hiring millenniums
There were clicks there, was like a high school Not much team work Tried very hard to make more money by building my Territory but every time things seemed to go well management would put up roadblocks. Also every time starting to make money would change commission plan.
Family owned company that lacks real leadership. Owner is great but out of tune with the current trends in the market. Leadership is no existent as lay offs and reorganizations occur almost quarterly. Blind leading the blind.