American Hotel Register Company Employee Reviews

bi annual pay bonus
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 22, 2015
like the weekend day off...they train me how to drive the warehouse forklift,...the technique of picking the right merchandise and the shipment procedure,...the details and the zero tolerance of shipping to the right address.....co workers are helpful and friendly
Pros
clean warehouse, and nice housekeeping
Cons
breaks are short and usually by the bell and alarm..
Peaceful Warehouse
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 26, 2015
Typical work day. Co-workers were friendly and fun. Management understanding. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting my work done in a timely manner and not being micro managed. They actually trusted me to get my job done.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
health benefits
lousy place to work
rdc associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 17, 2015
You rarely get forty hrs. They change the schedule without concern for employees with kids that can't just come in early anytime management wants to get out early on Friday. When you get hurt they don't offer a doctor. My knee still hurts bad. They offer overtime but take it away by the end of the week. Don't properly train anyone on the trucks there. If your seasonal you will always stay that way. Ppl were there for almost a year when they left. They kept them as seasonal so they won't have to offer insurance. The really bad part about this place is my knee is still messed up and they do not care. So finding another job is really hard.
Pros
there are no pros in this place
Cons
treat employees like dirt, dont offer a doctor when hurt, they only care about management and their bonus, to many more to list here
Great Career!! Must Be Willing To Work Diligently
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  OrlandoMarch 9, 2015
After having spent time with multiple companies from Small mom and pop firms to very large corporations I have found a home at American Hotel. This company is a great balance between the extremes, you will find the same benefits and in some cases more than large corporations, along with an incredible sense of belonging and appreciation that truly comes from its family foundation. Nothing you read can really explain what it is like to be apart of the American Hotel family, I find myself many days reflecting on how grateful I am to be apart of this great group of people … and then I remember we also work very hard at American Hotel and there is no time for day dreaming! ;)
Love the people I work with and what we do!
Pros
Upward mobility, Global vision, Family Centric, Self Rewarding
Cons
Every job has its challenges they are what makes it so good when you succeed
worked hard
Commercial -CSR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 20, 2015
called outbound all day negative people but converted many good employees nice manager. Sales converted was for future and potential prospects for one of the best hospitality companies in the US
Pros
good employees and manager
Cons
negative people
Long Hours
New Opening Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I have been working there for 9 years and there have been several changes in Management, compensation and overall goals.
Pros
Stable Company
Cons
Long Hours
Used to be a great place to work
Merchandising/Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 17, 2015
This used to be a great place to work until they went outside the family and it's been down hill ever since. Two types of people are hired now, they are either just out of college with no experience or any sense of what being professional is or they are related/a friend of management. It does not matter if they are qualified or not, they just keep repeating the same mistakes and if you dare to have an opinion you will be gone or constantly threatened that you are lucky to have a job and that can be taken away at any time for any reason to the point where you are almost bullied and HR covers it up. For any longer term employee even though they preach culture and longevity you have a target on your back so start looking for your next job now. This is very sad because the family that owns it does care but not the people they are putting into management. Over the last 8-10 years so much knowledge and valuable experience was lost across the board.
Pros
Ok benefits and 401k
Cons
Management, favoritism runs rampant
good place to work
Laser Technician on laser engraving machines (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 1, 2014
create and manufacture signs help other people as needed, management is definetly micro managed.co-workers are great the hardest part of job is not being recognized for my level of work because of what i bring to this place with my experience. The most enjoyable part is consistantly showing and creating new and better ways to make and process the signnage even though i know they wont aknowlege me i at least know i made it better.
Pros
the owners of company are great
Cons
the lower management needs some work
Family Atmosphere with great people
Development Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 5, 2014
Great company with great employees. they really care and take care of you.
One great company.
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 3, 2014
Was an amazing and great company that went through a tough patch. They are back to being a great company.
Great place to work if you are into drinking company kool aid, constant turn over and chronic backstabbing.
Supply Chain/Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 1, 2014
This used to be a great place to work but sadly in the last few years the place has gone down the tubes for loyal employees due to an unscrupulous HR department that highers nothing but fresh out of college kids with no sense of professionalism, appropriate office attire codes or business etiquette and upper management/owners giving positions of power to their friends in which most have no idea how to do their jobs or manage people. So many people that were long time loyal employees who cared about their jobs and the company have left in disgust or have been fired so upper management could hire more of their friends.
Pros
Steady paycheck, annual health fare, work out facilities and hair salon on premise.
Cons
Poor benefits, raises and lack of promotion opportunities.
Great Work Environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJOctober 15, 2014
My job consisted of loading and unloading trucks with boxes ranging from 10 to 50lbs. there was a great deal of teamwork involved and sometimes when i didn't feel i was at my best i had to push myself on the strength of my co-workers, because if one failed we all failed . Also there was alot of encouragement and positive reenforcement coming from management and it just made you want to work harder.
Somedays you might have to work 12hrs and that might of been the hardest part.
Pros
pay, hours, overtime
Cons
Good Place to Start a Career..
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Overall a good place to start a career, especially in sales. The overall culture is good, mostly because so many great people work there. The family-owned culture also positively contributes to the organization as a whole, which is rare.

Lots of change in recent years has taken its toll on the overall productivity of the organization. Too many sales associates and not nearly enough support staff to keep up with item availability. The org structure was not always clear, causing a lot of communication issues between departments.

HR seemed especially unorganized and in the dark about what most of the job duties were that they interviewed for. This caused many problems in finding and retaining the right people for the job. Lots of turnover in the past few years.

Overall a solid company to work for. Can't say enough nice things about the family that owns it and most of the people who work there.
Description: This project is to convert an existing desktop Windows Event Tracker application (written in Microsoft Access) to a web-based application
Sr.Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Hill, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Participated in new general requirements gathering from the Business users, an analysis of the scope of the development process.
• Involved in developing Event Tracker in Agile Methodology environment.
• Used ASP.NET in the development of the Event Tracker Presentation Layer (UI) and used Cascading Style Sheets for styling UI.
• Involved in the development of the Business logic layer and Data access layer using C# and ADO.NET.
• Designed developed internal messaging system with Event Tracker tool.
• Used ASP.NET AJAX Toolkit controls like Script Manager, Update Panel and Modal Popup Extender within some web pages.
• Participated in databases creation and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers using T-SQL and SQL Server 2008.
• Designed and developed dynamic ASPX web pages using C#, ASP.Net, HTML, Java Script.

Environment: .NET Framework 4.0, MS Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008, ADO.NET, HTML, T-SQL, IIS 6.0, SSRS, Web services, Windows Services, JavaScript, IIS, AJAX, CSS, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
safe work enviornment
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day at work pre-shift meeting then straight to work.
I learned how to drive a reach truck.
The management was unprofessional and hard to communicate with.
Co-workers: worked well as a team when needed.
The hardest part of the job was having to comb the isles for pallets.
the most enjoyable part of the job working hard to ensure the customer was satisfied.
Good place to work. No real advancement potential.
JR. Researcher (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 11, 2014
My typical day was spent emailing and calling our suppliers working on getting items set up for quoting purposes. I dealt with unique items not normally found in the company catalog or website. My co-workers were great. There was a lot of friction with my direct managers regarding my ability to seek new positions within the company as I had become restless in my current position. I enjoyed the work I did with our suppliers and the satisfaction when a sale was made. The hardest part of my job was the micro management I felt on a daily basis. I did learn a lot from this employer, such as better time management skills and how to keep good details.
Pros
Family atmosphere, good culture, good people
Cons
Micro management style, limited advancement potential
Fun & Family Oriented
Program Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 31, 2014
Great company to work for with great family culture. There have been a lot of changes in the last year but company seems to be behind on operating systems.
Great place to work. Nice Amenities
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 11, 2014
Family culture with many extra amenities. Fair salary and bonus opportunities.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Great place and great people
Government/Specialty Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 10, 2014
I am no longer with American Hotel (not a bad thing) but while I was there (3 years) it was very rewarding and they always put a lot of time and effort into the whole person concept. It is family owned and run, and while they have gone international they are privately held and treat you like family. If you don't fit the culture you will not be there long but if you do you will find they will invest in your best interests. They are constantly moving forward, providing training, and updating the way they do things...if you don't like change it is not the place for you. If you are looking for a career and place to call home and have a positive attitude...give it a shot, if you don't work out you wont leave upset about it because they wont treat you badly in any way before or after you leave.
Pros
Very transparent and honest, great place to grow, flexible hours in high chicago traffic
Cons
I dont have any...but nitpicking I might say the commission structure isn't the best
No where to go
Southeastern Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 10, 2014
The typical day was balancing inventory and making sure all the orders were created and pulled accurately. My boss was the manger at the facility and he had me running the operation while he stayed in meetings or went away for work purposes. The hardest part of the job was getting all of the orders processed in time the trucks came to pick them up. The best part of the job was fulfilling all of the orders and getting congratulated.
Pros
Not micro-managed
Cons
nothing new in day-to-day operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Hotel Register Company. Our community is ready to answer.